Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854924 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #1020 on: September 12, 2015, 10:43:07 am »

Agreed. It also bugs me that the fusion generator for the ship generates so little power and that the AI core has no other uses.

In regards to ammo, I think that special ammo would be cool (eg. Explosive rounds, armor piercing rounds, stun rounds), but having ammo being a requirement for regular weapon fire would be way more trouble then its worth, especially as it would mean that if you run out of ammo you are completely finished.

It doesn't have to be...why not have regular ammo unlimited like it is now...and if you want to go through the effort of making and stocking special ammo you can

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 12, 2015, 10:51:04 am »

How about changing current "flat" fire rate, for a faster fire rate + reload time every N shots. Yay or nay?
(this is more curiosity than wanting the change myself)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 12, 2015, 11:40:17 am »

I don't see the point of that? Thats just a fire mode

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1023 on: September 12, 2015, 12:37:18 pm »

How about changing current "flat" fire rate, for a faster fire rate + reload time every N shots. Yay or nay?
That's pretty much exactly how the burst and cooldown time works.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 12, 2015, 08:51:50 pm »

That's pretty much exactly how the burst and cooldown time works.

Not really, it's just a flat waiting time between shots or bursts, its not implied that you're reloading after every shot (or every 3 shots of that pulse gun or assault gun). Otherwise that would be a very long reload time for a single bullet in a sniper rifle (which apparently only holds one round). You could argue it is for the Uzi if you're just running thru the entire magazine every time.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 13, 2015, 02:52:23 am »

fire rate should be determined by personality and skill...not much else really

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 13, 2015, 04:02:45 am »

I am a terrible person. THEREFORE I SHOOT FASTER.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 13, 2015, 11:55:35 am »

I got thinking about that 'crashed ship' mod, and kinda wondering how you might get an active ship map.  Like change worldgen HEAVILY to include some nearly indestructible hull blocks and airlock doors, setting the spawn to specific areas, and set 'space' a s black terrain with -5,000 temperature...  Place the colonists actually inside the ship before it crashes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1028 on: September 13, 2015, 12:09:23 pm »

Is there a way to set walls not to transmit temperature changes? Otherwise that -5000 temp space would quickly freeze the fuck out of everyone inside.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 13, 2015, 01:08:42 pm »

A mod where you are abroad a drifting space hulk would actually be interesting. The map is the giant space ship thingy, the survivors waken up from cryosleep without knowing what the fuck has happened, pirates are hostile boarders etc.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 13, 2015, 01:18:30 pm »

It works well with the existing setup too.  Rooms can be darkened, and might hold hydroponics, or mechanoids, or caskets full of megascarab!  Also might work better to just force the edges to be unroofed, and to have a permanent poison effect at 9,001 strength.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 13, 2015, 01:34:04 pm »

Just don't end up like Spacebase DF9 pls

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 13, 2015, 01:43:32 pm »

That sounds like an incredible idea for a mod. Surviving on a failing/unstable spaceship would be really fun, especially as the power/repair mechanics work pretty well. However, I can't really see the longevity of it - you'd have to either have the spaceship constantly failing/being damaged to give your people something to do and you can't really have as many environmental effects/stuff going on as you can on a planet.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1033 on: September 13, 2015, 01:47:47 pm »

It works well with the existing setup too.  Rooms can be darkened, and might hold hydroponics, or mechanoids, or caskets full of megascarab!  Also might work better to just force the edges to be unroofed, and to have a permanent poison effect at 9,001 strength.
The crash landing mod has a custom radiation effect which is centered on the downed ship reactor, and is moderated based on your clothing. It would be interesting to allow colonists to build in 'space' if wearing a full space suit or something so they could theoretically expand the station/ship but it would be dangerous

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 13, 2015, 02:56:55 pm »

That would work.  Having space suits as an option would be great.  I'm not too concerned about running out of events though, there's PLENTY to have happen.  Solar flares, which become more interesting in space, meteor impacts, crazy nebulae electrical storms, interstellar overpowered communication accidentally overloads some systems...  Then there's ALL SORTS of debris drifting about, some inert, some mechanoid, some cryo pods.  Maybe you get hit by a piece of flying debris that drops a dozen chinchillas in the ship!  Maybe a floating mechanoid factory impacts, and slowly produces units that trawl through the ship!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 280