Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: A Vile Force of Dimness - First Raid Begins!  (Read 3856 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: A Vile Force of Dimness - First Raid Begins!
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 09:43:56 am »

((Wouldn't his orders prevent us from bringing back live livestock?))

Head out with the group, using my elf-ear charm to detect any enemy presences on the path.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 09:46:50 am »

((The Bossgob did not necessarily win his position because he is a wonderfully clear and coherent orator.  Or even all that smart.  If you just end up dragging home dead meat he'll still be happy, anyway.))
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 09:51:43 am »

"Death to Durgi!" Shruuki echoed the bossgob with teeth bared in a grin, his head bobbing under its greasy black locks.
He cast a critical eye over his companions for this venture, giving a soft grunt of displeasure. Kobolds and rats?! Well, I guess everyone's gotta start somewhere. He resolved to make the best of it.

"Right, lissen up you lot," he growled, standing before the others and resting bony hands on his hips, "You heard tha bossgob! We gonna get some livestock an' that from the stinkin' humans. Let's try not ta pick big fights with 'em if we can help it, though- we ain't exactly the scariest warband ta kick up dust."

>Attempt to talk others into submission and make self leader.

>Head Eastwards, sticking to the edge of the road, alert.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 09:56:33 am »

Shrug at Shruuki's attempt at dominance. Drakruldus didn't really care about which goblin ruled which other goblins, or if they thought they ruled the kobolds. Kobolds worked with goblins, but that was because both knew it was mutually beneficial. He would listen to the goblins and do what he felt like; if that happened to be exactly what some goblin or another said to do, who cares?

((inb4 "[1] You bite Shruuki's ankle."))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 01:51:11 pm »

"Calling us beasts, that was just uncalled for." Squeakers said to the flea on his shoulder. Of course, being a flea, it didn't answer but it seemed to stare at Squeakers when he talked. Plus, it hasn't bit him for two months now! "Seriously, using teeth as decoration? I'm sure he thinks it makes him look tough, but it just clashes horribly with those feathers! How does he even stick those on anyway?"

The group's lone goblin was attempting to talk his way into leadership. "So Skipper, what do you say?" As usual, the flea said nothing. "Yeah, you're right. I can't even talk with him, so I'll leave him to it."

Travel with the group, trying to sniff out any threats along the way.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 10:02:46 pm »

Tie stick to knife.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

nginferno

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:14000 °U]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 08:09:25 am »

((Somehow I feel that we have more packrats than actual goblins. Not that it matters much.))
Let the series of hilarious events commence!

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 03:46:14 pm »

((Yup!  But that's all right.  I'm sure the ratios of what's on the active team will be all over the place as things get crazier.))

Leaving the one gawking rat behind, the four intrepid not-heroes set to work.  Lukelygok has a flash of inspiration, taking one of his precious sticks and attempting to fasten it to his knife.

[Craftliness: 3]  He ties the blade of the knife directly to the stick.  Now he has a knife with double the hilt and no accessible sharp bits!  Excellent for safety.  Not much else.

The other three strike out into the wilderness.  Other than the sun not being particularly eager to poke through the clouds, and the oppressive heat, it seems to be a perfect day for traveling.  The birds are chattering, bugs are buzzing and chirping, and the woods are generally pleasant.  The shade even takes a bit off the irritating heat, so it's even nicer than back home after a while!

Drakruldus does not particularly trust the sunshiny day, handling his/her elf-ear charm to see if it has picked up any sign of dangers on their route.

[Charming: 1]  The bit of preserved flesh remains utterly inert.

Shruuki, in the meanwhile, is getting into the spirit of things, pumping himself up with an eager war-cry.  "Death to Durgi!"  Then he has a go at some team tactics--mostly, putting himself at the head of the team!  "Right, lissen up you lot.  "You heard tha bossgob! We gonna get some livestock an' that from the stinkin' humans. Let's try not ta pick big fights with 'em if we can help it, though- we ain't exactly the scariest warband ta kick up dust."

[Dominance: 2]  "We ain't the scariest warband, and I ain't the scariest goblin!  Not the biggest, neither.  And I prob'ly lose in fights to my granny-gob!  But you should prolly listen to me anyhow!  'Cuz I says so."  He nods in satisfaction.  Surely nothing could be more cowing than a says so!  It works for granny-gob, after all.

Other than Drakruldus' disinterested shrug, he receives absolutely no response.

Squeakers, in amidst a lively conversation with Skipper/Skippy the flea, puts up some effort to give the surroundings a sniff.  Doesn't smell anything suspicious in any way, though.  Some deer droppings.  A fallen bird's nest over yonder.  Nothing special!

In fact, no one takes any notice at all as they trek through the woods.  And nothing else takes notice of them.  In fact, you might say they deliberately un-notice them, to the point that a fox very nearly trips over Squeakers before bounding off!

They reach the end of the farmland totally without incident.  Sheep are milling about in the field just outside the trees, a sleepy shephard boy leaning on his crook some ways away.

((As I'm sure you can guess, a lot of perception/environmental/etc. rolls are going to be hidden and unannounced.))

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 04:19:43 pm »

Put on Squeaker's sock for luck, and distract the shepherd.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 05:51:33 pm »

Put on chuck norris mak, go to the group.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 06:13:29 pm »

Shruuki grinned, then narrowed his eyes and scanned the situation, stroking his knobby chin and attempting to look like a wise leader.
He saw one of the rats moving for the shepherd, watched for a moment and then attempted to communicate quietly to the rest of the team, through a combination of hand signals, whispers and grunts.

>Without alerting the shepherd, tell the rats to follow Squeaker's lead and distract the human, whilst the kobolds follow me towards the sheep.

>See if there are any lamb(s?) that are easy enough to carry. Otherwise, see if we can lift a big, juicy sheep between us.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 09:00:58 pm »

Drakruldus removes a dead--very dead--dormouse from his bag and checks it. He sticks the tail in his mouth and considers the taste, before grabbing a poppy and rubbing it on the mouse's head. With a nod, he waves it at the shepherd-boy, a sure charm to induce drowsiness or to deepen sleep. With this, he would be staying quite asleep no matter what they did.

Meanwhile, he listens to Shruuki talking to rats. Mad. Any rats smart enough to understand would be smart enough to ignore him. Still, he had a not-terrible plan...okay, a terrible plan that could be good with modification. He grabs some choice blossoms and such, then follows the goblin.

"Charm" the shepherd. No, not like that. Just read the RP bit if you don't get what I mean!

Follow Shruuki. Try to lead a sheep away with a promise of tasty food.
Sig

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 02:16:04 pm »

((For random trivia, the dice I'm using are flame-colored speckled ones I won in a gaming competition back when I was in college. I don't know who made the set as the box has no logo markings or anything anywhere on it and I received them without any packaging.))

- At the village -

Lukelygok pulls on his terrible bearded-face-human mask, its grim countenance getting him a few stares from his fellows, before striking out into the wilderness.  The day is still fair and pleasant out under the cooler trees; the sun is even thinking about peeking out, it looks like.

He moves through the undergrowth with the quietness expected of a good kobold.  If only it was sound that was his problem.

[Hunting dog: 4 vs. 1+1.  Severity: 5.]

With a bloodthirsty bay, a wolfish hunting dog bursts from the undergrowth, launching itself onto him and seizing him immediately by the shoulder.  It shakes its head viciously, throwing him about and tearing his shoulder badly!

- At the sheep field -

The group who've successfully reached human lands set to work.  First off, Squeakers is pretty sure he has a plan! 

[Sockenship: 5]  He tugs the sock up one leg and, miraculously, it seems to fit very well there! 

[Distraction: 5]  Lucky sock firmly in place, he darts out through the field, dodging nimbly between the legs of stupid sheep and running right up to the shepherd boy.  The boy screams in shock at a four-foot rat suddenly pouncing him.  Squeakers then books it away for the woods once more.

[Boy chasing: 3]  The shepherd boy scrambles after him, but he's off-balance and certainly slower than a rat, so Squeakers gets away without much trouble.

Drakruldus was meanwhile preparing a concoction to deal with the boy.  He's not at all sleepy now, but that's no reason not to try! 

[Sleepy charm: 4]  Just as he reaches the edge of the woods, the boy staggers down and stumbles in the undergrowth, going for a tumble into a patch of weeds.  He tries to shout something in confusion, but it just turns into a massive yawn as, after a few moments of trying to right himself, he gives up and just lays there groggily.

With the boy out of the way, it's not much of a risk for Shruuki and Drakruldus to walk in amongst the sheep.

[Sheep cooperation: 3]  They immediately start to edge away from the two little creatures.  Stupid they may be, but they can smell a bad-thing sort of, and they do not like kobolds nor goblins.  They just keep shuffling around, giving the pair a wide berth and not letting them get close.

- Status -

Lukelygok: Bleeding, moderately injured.  Not likely to be fatal.

((Also Cheesecake has had to move to waitlist due to not having time right now, so nginferno has been PM'd!))
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:27:13 pm by Wirevix »

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2013, 05:08:26 pm »

"What's the matter? You greenskins never herded sheep before?"

Assist in livestock stealing

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2013, 05:18:27 pm »

stab dog with knife, run away.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4