Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: The Jungle (Modern Pirate RTD) Out of the Frying Pan...  (Read 8589 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: The Jungle (Modern Pirate RTD) Out of the Frying Pan...
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2013, 08:44:18 pm »

He is now unarmed- care to remove the pistol from his inventory?

Ow! I feel pain! Stab him with my knife and try to also shoot him.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2013, 09:12:33 pm »

Grab the knife-arm of my assailant to stop him from stabbing while punching him with my free hand, preferably in the neck and/or face.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2013, 09:21:13 pm »

" How much are you offering? I'm gonna be around a while and I've got a score to settle with those pirates so I need good weapons.

Btw who are those soldiers and are they fighting the pirates or helping them?
"
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2013, 01:11:24 pm »

Dage was conflicted. He stared out at the struggle for a moment, watching the two fight over the deadly weapon as it fell to the ground.
He didn't know either of these guys- in fact he wouldn't be terribly surprised if they tried to murder him at some point in the near future. But still. They'd escaped with him. 'That has to count for something, right?' And, as it stood, these psychopaths were Dage's best chance at getting out of this crazy place.

"Damnit, Dage. How the fuck do you get yourself into this kind of shit?" He hissed under his breath, a resigned grimace on his face as he picked himself up from the leaf litter and moved uncertainly forwards.
"Hey! Hey, stop it! Stop it right the fuck now you guys!"

>If the guy who tried to punch me gets a hold on the gun, try and tackle him from his blind spot before a shot can be fired.

>Otherwise, just jump up and down in frustration and shout at these knuckleheads to cut it out.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2013, 02:40:31 pm »

Climb a tree with my polearm and whatever other objects I've collected.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2013, 02:49:24 pm »

Patrick Hunt
"Oh, well, stranger. I'd say your uniform would be worth..." The merchant hurms and hums.  "[91] [19]I'd take the jacket for 91 dollars. Wouldn't want to leave a man naked in the jungle, would you? Hehe."

You sigh and consider it. While you think about it, you ask him who the soldiers are.

Mechanic introduction: Speech. If you want to gather info or convince someone, you enter speech with NPCs. With information gathering, there is Composure (Which measures how long until the NPC changes the subject/stops giving useful info/just gets tired of talking to you), and rolls by you which dictate how much information is given. You can exit the conversation manually if you believe you have gathered enough information.

The Merchant coughs and shifts awkwardly. He seems to be rather guarded, possibly worried. "The soldiers? Well, sir, [9] they're just boys from around here, nothing to worry about. They're guards, keep us safe."
Composure: 9 turns until conversation shutdown.
Spoiler: Harvery Bekter (click to show/hide)
Urist Mc Dwarf
Continuing to ignore those idiots fighting each other, you attempt to climb up a tree with your inventory in hand. [11] You manage to get half-way up the tree before you can't find any handholds, so you look out at the area around you to get a grasp on your surroundings. [6+2=8] You can see a town nearby, but not much else due to mist. A shame.
Spoiler: The Falcon (click to show/hide)
TCM
Cool Rune

[12] [14] Hhythol tries to grab at Rune's knife arm, but he slashes Hhythol's arm, which makes Hhythol grunt in pain. Rune reaches for the gun, [12] and manages to wrap his hands around it without making a definite grip on it. Hhythol takes the advantage and [13+1 due to awkward position of Rune] crushes Rune's fingers with his fingers. Rune screeches like a little girl.
Spoiler: Rune (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hhythol Mugadabaze (click to show/hide)
Yoink
You walk over and [11] manage to grab, then lift up the two with all the strength you can get. They could slip past you, but hopefully they'll calm down now. You tell them to stop fighting immediately, because humanity is built upon teamwork and cooperation, and infighting will not solve that. Okay, you may have put that less poetically, but it had the same general message.
Spoiler: Dage Annarson (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2013, 02:54:06 pm »

Rune pulls up the gun, backpedals quickly, and listens to Dage. "Fine. But I actually know how to shoot a damn gun." And with that, holding the gun and the knife, he walked off towards the plume of smoke. He figures he could probably strike a deal in the village... But what with? He looks at the knife, then at the pistol. He could probably sell either, and the only thing he would NEVER sell was his compass. Encrusted with very small gemstones, it was his one light in all the dark. He walked into the village, his newly acquired pistol at the ready in case the residents are hostile. (Thinking= ' ') 'I wonder if they'll know my last name, and be able to tell me what my brother did to annoy those assholes.'
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2013, 04:20:55 pm »

"Ahh ok friend. Who's there boss? I might need to have a chat with him."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2013, 02:33:36 pm »

Try to find another way up.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2013, 02:40:34 pm »

"Okay, we all done? You guys finished?"
Dage grimaced. They'd probably beat the shit out of him, or worse. Who knew how these guys would react.

>If both of them stop fighting and calm the heck down, let them go and back off.
Check if I still have my weed and rolling papers. If so, roll myself a joint.

>If they keep fighting, or turn on me, dive the fuck back into the undergrowth and hide.
Then check if I still have my weed and papers, and if so, roll a joint.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2013, 02:43:41 pm »

"Okay, we all done? You guys finished?"
Dage grimaced. They'd probably beat the shit out of him, or worse. Who knew how these guys would react.

>If both of them stop fighting and calm the heck down, let them go and back off.
Check if I still have my weed and rolling papers. If so, roll myself a joint.

>If they keep fighting, or turn on me, dive the fuck back into the undergrowth and hide.
Then check if I still have my weed and papers, and if so, roll a joint.

((Trust me. I'm stopping this fight. But if my character find you have weed, he'll start one with you for how horrible it is to your body.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2013, 08:24:13 pm »

Coolrune
You walk through the jungle, following a rough jungle path. Eventually you enter the clearing, and see the village. An armed woman walks up to you, and you prepare your pistol. She shakes her head and motions you to lower your gun. She lowers hers, and you do so as well.

"You a pirate? Or a lawman?" She asks.

"Far from it." you say. "You shouldn't carry guns like that around."

"Welcome to the Atlantis Isles. You need them if you're going to survive." she looks behind, staring at that navy guy who's talking with an arms merchant. "As long as you aren't a fucking lawman like him, you can go. Speaking of..." She walks over to the Brit. You shrug and look around at the village for anything of interest. Thankfully, there's plenty.
Spoiler: Places of Interest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rune (click to show/hide)
Patrick Hunt
[13] "Oh, they would probably be in that building over there. You should probably go over there instead of talking to me." The merchant seems to be looking over your shoulder at something.
Composure: 8 turns until conversation shutdown.
Someone taps you on your shoulder. You turn around and see a woman guard with an AK along with two other guards.

[12] "Get the fuck out of here, lawman." says the woman. "Sick bastards like you aren't welcome here."

"How many innocents have you butchered today?" a male guard asks. "I heard you keep score. Do you know what your friends did to my cousins? They dragged them to a stake and set them on fire. Just for 'association with pirates'!" He spits on the ground at your feet.

"We should gun you down like the western dog you are." says the third guard. "Remember this: we're going easy on you. When you get back to base, tell them the Islamic Front for Freedom will get you and your ilk off this island... willing or unwilling."

The merchant quietly begins to move his stall away from you. [3] You feel awfully alone in this situation.
Spoiler: Harvery Bekter (click to show/hide)
Urist Mc Dwarf
Looking for a way to climb up, you see a mountain and begin to climb up it. [6] Soon enough, you run out of handholds. You can't even get above the treeline at this rate. Damn.
Spoiler: The Falcon (click to show/hide)
Yoink
You let them go carefully, then back away and have a nice calm relaxing toke. Ahhh. That really takes the edge off the situation. Well, no, getting kidnapped by pirates then getting lost in a jungle is really a situation that is shit no matter which way you look at it. Then you have a thought. Wait, what if this island has marijuana farms on it? There'd be no cops, so there'd be no-one to stop it, and the weather is perfect. You give a stoner grin. Well, that's an upside!
Spoiler: Dage Annarson (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:53:50 am by Fniff »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2013, 08:32:45 pm »

Walk up to the lady. "Hey, he's with me. Cut it out,"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2013, 09:36:34 pm »

"What are you talking about I've only bee on the island a day since the pirates caught me and it was luck that I escaped them. I don't have a clue whats going on around here.

I'm not a lawman and I certainly don't execute people for associating with somebody.
"
Caine's law.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2013, 09:37:14 am »

Dage took a long draw off his joint, leaned his back against a tree and exhaled thoughtfully.
"Ahh. Man. This shit is fucked up," he murmured to himself, turning his gaze up towards the canopy. Man, there were so many trees! And probably shitloads of birds, too. Dage kinda wished he was a bird right now. Just fly away from any crazy bastard trying to brutally murder him. ...Maybe there were monkeys around here somewhere, too? That'd be sweet.

>Sit down, enjoy my joint, observe the surroundings and ponder just how this shit got so fucked up.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8