Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: The Jungle (Modern Pirate RTD) Out of the Frying Pan...  (Read 8592 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: The Jungle (Modern Pirate RTD) Out of the Frying Pan...
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2013, 04:41:35 pm »

(Don't change your action just because a player wants to engage in a fight with you. He did the first move chronologically, so the fight will go from there. It's a courtesy.)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2013, 04:52:17 pm »

(Don't change your action just because a player wants to engage in a fight with you. He did the first move chronologically, so the fight will go from there. It's a courtesy.)

So... I'm gonna be missing an arm soon. Greaaat. Well, at least I will extract Tcm's heart. :) Unless he doesn't attack...
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2013, 04:56:16 pm »

It's just a pistol, and besides, it's a matter of luck.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2013, 05:16:12 pm »

(I did my action since that's what Hhythol, and most people, would do in the situation. If you have a gun, and some strange person berates you and comes forward, shooting them seems pretty logical.)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2013, 05:17:49 pm »

Note: don't try to grab people's guns while they're holding them. Or punch people in the face cos they're swearing. That doesn't really earn you friends in a survival situation. Or any situation.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2013, 05:21:42 pm »

My character is still a wee bit stunned by it all. So he's gonna make crappy decisions, then slowly turn to good ones. If he doesn't get shot in the arm and bleed out first :P We will probably need medical supplies first.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2013, 05:23:37 pm »

Mistakes cause bad things. That's why they are mistakes.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2013, 05:27:19 pm »

(( I'm so glad I'm doing something productive not shooting other players. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2013, 05:33:57 pm »

(Hey, you're hardly going to go "Oh hey, random guy, I'm fine with you trying to steal my only defense against the psychopathic, murderous pirates, especially since I'm terribly on edge and triggerhappy since I'm in the middle of a jungle infested with said pirates. Go right ahead." if it happened.)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2013, 05:35:42 pm »

(( True, but then I wouldn't be trying to take it at all, I'd already be moving. Like I am :). While they kill each other I'm gonna get some work done. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2013, 05:37:30 pm »

(Roleplaying is as good as practical action, in my opinion. You aren't necessarily all on the same side. That said, feel free to make your own little alliances and enemies. The post structure makes it all rather self-contained so the format supports it.)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2013, 05:38:33 pm »

(( I plan to, I am a soldier I'm hoping that gives me a bit of a head start with the army guys around here. ))
Caine's law.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2013, 08:27:08 pm »

"Aw fuck. Guys?" Dage got the distinct impression these two were more interested in killing each other than listening to him.
Risk Assessment: Not fucking worth it. He spun and lurched away from the confrontation, seeking cover with a grimace.
'Somehow I doubt we'll be lasting too long out here at this rate. We escaped those pirate assholes just to do their job for them? I'd probably be better off on my own... but I don't know how to survive out here, much less how to find my way to civilization. Damnit.'

>Take cover in the nearest undergrowth whilst internal monologue-ing over the foolishness of it all.

>Try and get behind a decent tree, if not, just stay out of sight while whatever shit goes down.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2013, 08:38:34 pm »

Improve my polearm
Ignoring the fight, you attempt to see if you can make your polearm any better by tightening the vine, sharpening the rock, etc. [19] You manage to sharpen the rock to a dangerous edge. This will probably cause whoever's struck with it to bleed out. This is now a pretty dangerous weapon, by the standards of improvised weapons.

"Aw fuck. Guys?" Dage got the distinct impression these two were more interested in killing each other than listening to him.
Risk Assessment: Not fucking worth it. He spun and lurched away from the confrontation, seeking cover with a grimace.
'Somehow I doubt we'll be lasting too long out here at this rate. We escaped those pirate assholes just to do their job for them? I'd probably be better off on my own... but I don't know how to survive out here, much less how to find my way to civilization. Damnit.'

>Take cover in the nearest undergrowth whilst internal monologue-ing over the foolishness of it all.

>Try and get behind a decent tree, if not, just stay out of sight while whatever shit goes down.

[18] You hide in the underbrush, slinking down into the dirt as you watch the fight begin. You don't get scraped by thorns, though that would be the topper to a very, very bad day.

"Back off." Shoot man in one of his arms before he gets close.
[12] You fire at the man, giving him a flesh wound on his arm. He stumbles forward, clutching his arm in pain, then suddenly reaches for your pistol and tries to disarm you. [15] He rips it off you and it falls to the ground.

"Kid. Don't point that gun around. It's dangerous." Confiscate the Firearm.
[16] Your opponent punches you in the face, causing you to fall down to the ground. [17] You manage to kick him in the legs, and he falls to the ground as well, putting you on equal footing.

Go up to the weapon guy and ask him what he takes in payment. Drop the bottle.
As you walk in, people stare at you. You walk up to the merchant and ask "What's your prices on these weapons? How do I pay?" You look at the ones on display. Rifles, shotguns, machine guns, pistols, knives, swords, axes... There's a lot on display. There's two ones that seem particularly noteworthy. He nods and says "Just plain old cash, stranger. I wouldn't mind if you could drudge something up of equal value, but I'd like paper."
Spoiler: Special Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Regular (click to show/hide)

Two camo-wearing AK-wielders are standing near the market, looking at you. One of them points you out for the other, who frowns and shakes his head. A few of the civilians look at you worriedly. You ask the merchant "Why's everyone looking at me?"

"Ooh, they mean nothing by it. I'd recommend getting out of that uniform right quick, stranger."

You frown and ask why.

"Well, it's very torn and water-logged. I could give you some cash for it. Having a British army uniform spare is handy."
Spoiler: Hhythol Mugadabaze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dage Annarson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Falcon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harvery Bekter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rune (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:46:53 pm by Fniff »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8