Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: The Jungle (Modern Pirate RTD) Out of the Frying Pan...  (Read 8594 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Jungle (Modern Pirate RTD) Character creation.
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2013, 08:17:43 am »

The Falcon growls softly. "I need some weapons. A cyanide pill is one thing but I need something to kill with." Look for sticks, stones, or vines.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2013, 10:56:29 am »

The Falcon growls softly. "I need some weapons. A cyanide pill is one thing but I need something to kill with." Look for sticks, stones, or vines.
You look around the area for something, going into the treeline to find what you need. The jungle is rather tight and claustrophobic, all the plants moving in on you, so you don't stay long. [14] [3] You find a lot of sticks laying around, a few stones on the ground, and you take a few leaves from the trees. Maybe you could make something out of this.

I am Hhythol Mugadabaze. A man of 6'2 stature, with a body built from constant running.

Action: Examine pistol for anything interesting, simply listen to what the other people have to say for now.

It's a Browning Hi-Power, not much to say about it. Not very well maintained, no real attachments, and it seems to be army surplus. You could use it, but you probably need more ammo: you only have a clip or so left. You could take down a few pirates with it, but not much without it.
Dage backed away a few steps from these people, hands raised in a calming gesture before him.
"Okay, uh," he spoke slowly, enunciating the words clearly, "Who the fuck are you people?" Trying to, anyway. His English was usually excellent, but right now he sounded kinda panicked. "Are you pirates? Or what?"

They didn't look much like the guards he'd seen while escaping... and they didn't seem to be trying to kill him just yet... but still. He wasn't about to let his guard down. He'd only barely managed to escape as it is-- although he was pretty sure he recognized at least one of them from the cage he'd woken up in.

>Keep cautious distance from the others, watching closely.

>Examine them a bit more if they don't try to kill me.

They don't appear to be too psychotic. One's wearing an army uniform, possibly British. The rest are wearing random clothing, apart from that weirdo in the dark cloak who went into the treeline then back out again with sticks and stones. Two of them look dangerous: the one with the pistol and the other who's tall and thin with quite intense eyes. You might want to stay away from them, but in general this group is quite bizarre. You seem to be the most normal one here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2013, 11:24:38 am »

Rune walked up the one who just talked and looked around at them, and punched him in the face. "Don't swear."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2013, 11:25:33 am »

Look around the bank for any sign of my weapons, maybe they got tossed into the river. Then head for the nearby smoke, move quietly and hide myself in a place where I can observe without being seen outside the camp/village.

Anyone wants me I'm getting to work on operation make pirates extinct.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:58:44 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2013, 03:49:40 pm »

(You don't actually have a knife in your boot. What you see in your inventory is what you get.)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2013, 03:57:49 pm »

Damn.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2013, 09:14:24 pm »

Rune walked up the one who just talked and looked around at them, and punched him in the face. "Don't swear."

In response to the confrontation, Hhythol casually flicked his pistol in Rune's direction. "Don't punch people either. I don't know who you are, but spontaneous violence based on your irrelevant morals makes it a more likely scenario for me to put a round into you."

"Well I dunno about the rest of you but I'm a British soldier, I'll be heading inland because they're gonna expect us to head for the coast and I'm not gonna make this easy for them."

Hhythol turns to the soldier, "And I'm just here, a native. This is my homeland. You may be Special Forces or whatnot, but you'd do best to coordinate something with us before you go in. No matter what you've seen on your tour of duty, nothing will prepare for what you will find in there."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 09:17:21 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2013, 09:23:47 pm »

" We're being hunted by armed psychopaths, I'm gonna get to work before they catch up. If you wanna come then by all means. Otherwise I guess I'm going alone but one way or the other I ain't gonna be sitting here when they get here. "
Caine's law.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2013, 06:24:08 am »

'Oh god.' This had to be a dream, right? Some sort of hallucination? He and the others had been getting blazed in the van before it all started... Just a bad trip, then. Yeah. Had to be. Dage decided to go with that. At least it made the whole ordeal easier to cope with.

A bit less panicked now that he'd decided these weirdos were all figments of his drug-addled imagination, he tried to defuse the situation before anyone could start shooting each other. "Whoah whoah whoah," he said quickly, looking from the guy with the fist to the guy with the gun and back, with a few more ineffectual waves of his hands, "no need for that- we're all, like, friends here. Yeah. We just escaped and all that."

He didn't sound terribly convincing, he decided. After a moment he added, "So... how are we getting outta here? Any ideas?"

>Try to stop these guys from shooting each other. Or me. ...Especially not me.

>Ask if anyone has any ideas on how to get the hell away from this place.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Jungle (Modern Pirate RTD) Out of the Frying Pan...
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2013, 04:20:24 pm »

Sticks, and stones. Maybe I can  make  something.

Attempt to make weapon with sticks and stones.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2013, 04:27:18 pm »

(Right, so: new update policy. I'm going to update when at least one day (The cutoff being 8pm when I start working on the update) has passed since the last update was posted/everyone has done one action that isn't roleplay-based.)

Look around the bank for any sign of my weapons, maybe they got tossed into the river. Then head for the nearby smoke, move quietly and hide myself in a place where I can observe without being seen outside the camp/village.

Anyone wants me I'm getting to work on operation make pirates extinct.
[17] You look around at the river bank. You don't see any of your weapons, since they were taken off you and what remained are probably far downstream by now. You do see, however, a broken glass beer bottle tossed aside. You pick it up, as it's better then nothing. Then you head into the jungle. You follow the plumes through the jungle, and then find yourself in a large clearing, the first sight to greet you being a sign saying "KALASA - POP 78 62 24 43", followed by the rest of the clearing. This appears to be some sort of a temporary encampment of refugees the houses are made out of chopped down trees with roofs of woven grass. There's a campfire in the center. The huts seem to be storage or residential, but there's a few signs on the larger huts in a few languages including (luckily) English stating them to be certain dedicated ones. The populace seems to be quite poor looking civilians of which there is about forty, but there's a few guys in camo gear with rifles hanging around jeeps made into technicals. They don't look like pirates, but don't look friendly either.
Spoiler: Places of Interest (click to show/hide)

Sticks, and stones. Maybe I can  make  something.

Attempt to make weapon with sticks and stones.

[15] You manage to make a makeshift polearm with by roping a rock to the end of a long stick using a vine. This should do some (minor) damage!

Spoiler: Landmarks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dage Annarson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Falcon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harvery Bekter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rune (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2013, 04:29:38 pm »

"Kid. Don't point that gun around. It's dangerous." Confiscate the Firearm.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2013, 04:34:09 pm »

Go up to the weapon guy and ask him what he takes in payment. Drop the bottle.
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2013, 04:36:01 pm »

"Kid. Don't point that gun around. It's dangerous." Confiscate the Firearm.

"Back off." Shoot man in one of his arms before he gets close.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2013, 04:38:00 pm »

Coolrune saw the change in the person's eyes. Knew his true intent of shooting him. So in one fluid motion, he drew back his knife, and aimed it right at the man. He saw the eyes change slightly, the way a man does before he shoots. He saw that look on the man who killed his brother. He threw the knife. Changing action to throwing knife at TCM's leg. It should probably go before because he has to aim, while I just have to throw in the general direction.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8