Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: The Jungle (Modern Pirate RTD) Out of the Frying Pan...  (Read 8597 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: The Jungle (Modern Pirate RTD) Character creation.
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 07:37:51 pm »

I'm posting to watch, and if there's a wait-list or anything, I'd like to be on it.
Sure, I'll put you on the waitlist.

I waited until a guard walked by, then grabbed him through the cage and slammed his head against the lock, simultaneously stunning him and freeing myself. I grabbed his gun and ran for it into the jungle.
While the others tried to figure out a way out of the cage, you waited in a shadowy part of the cage and waited for a guard to come by. Someone walked over, some scumbag in a black t-shirt with a pistol. He started taunting you, got very close to the cage... At which point you grabbed him and smashed his face on the lock. You took his pistol and looked at the others. "Door's open." you said to the others. Then you ran into the jungle.
Item Gain: Browning Hi-Power pistol with low ammo.
>I... ran the fuck away.
Yep. That's it. I mean, I coulda grabbed one of my captors and like, tried to find out where my bandmates got to... but y'know. Running the fuck away kinda took priority. Yeesh.

What else could you do? You were too terrified to even think of looking at a pirate. You ran through the least occupied parts of the camp, then ran out into the jungle. Branches and bramble ripped at you as you ran through, trying not to yell out in pain. You never realized how fast you could run when you needed to.. Adrenaline coursing through you, you stumbled into the others as they ran. You didn't have time for small talk: you could hear an alarm going off in the distance and dogs. You ran with them, without much conversation.
Perk Gain: Run Like The Dickens. When you are low on health during a fight, you get a bonus to running away.
I snapped the neck of the nearest pirate silently, took his sidearm and knife then quietly worked my way out of the camp killing and searching any more pirates I came across with the knife to take those pirates knives and guns as well. Also swipe any spare mags and money they have on them.

On the way out of the camp pirates were following the trail of bodies I'd left so I laid a false trail then put my skills to work moving into the forest without leaving one myself with the large collection of sidearms and knives secured on my body.

As you ran through the jungle after leaving the corpses as a trick, you felt weighed down by the sidearms and the knives. Guns are heavy, even pistols, and you may have collected more then you could keep. They took your backpack, so you didn't have much storage space. You'll be kicking yourself for that in future, as you turned a corner slower then you should have, you were introduced to a rifle butt to the face. You fell down, falling into the black.

When you awoke, you stared into a female's face. She was brown-skinned, possibly hispanic. She had reddish hair and rather piercing eyes. Above those, the tattoo of two red eyes on her forehead. Pirate by her clothes, all worn and bloodstained. You reached for your gun... only to find it was in her hands as she smiled and pointed it at you. She took all the weapons you had while you were out.

"Ah ah ah." she said. "You fucks think you own the jungle, don't you? You got skills, no experience. What you did proved it. Trying to hide the bodies. Thought you could hide that way. Well, lawman, guess what? You don't own the jungle. I am the jungle. You can't hide from me."

You stared at her eyes. In them, you could see madness. She continued talking. "I am going to kill you. I can see it in your eyes, like you can see it in mine. Question is, when?" Then her radio buzzed with tinny voices. She picked it up in one hand, still aiming it directly at you with the hand holding the pistol. "Yes boss, I'm on the look out for the escaped prisoners. I don't know if we can grab them right now, but the Swedish fucks are still there and the rest of the marines... We'll be fine. Just fucking fine and dandy. Yes sir. Over and out."

She stood up and put the radio back, then cocked the gun. "Just a memory for you." She fired the pistol, hitting you in the leg. You screamed in pain. "Now get the fuck away from me! If the jungle doesn't swallow you up, then me and my men will find you again! GO!" You crawled away on your hands and knees, trying to get as far away from the pirate encampment as possible.
Perk Gain: Being Watched. Someone's paying special attention to you... for better or worse.
I had gear and skills for this
You were outgunned and outnumbered, but that didn't matter. You snuck through without killing anyone, making the minimal amount of force. Of course, you saw that Brit slicing the neck of a pirate, blowing the cover. You took the fall as one of the pirates ran over. You snapped his neck before he could alert the others, then you ran out of the jungle. You met up with them again, but they were being chased and soon you were as well.
Perk Gained: Quiet Killer. If you attack someone during stealth without them noticing, you get a bonus.
I used my pure rage at what the did to gnaw through the wooden cage. Once out, I found the man that slit my brother's throat. After a long and furious battle, he lay near death, begging for life. And I let him live. I took his knife and ran like hell... Bleeding from a stab mark in my left side.
Something broke within you when you remembered the death of your brother. It was hard to think of your brother as a was, a person who died. You knew people who died later, but someone so close to home who protected you and helped you... When you opened your eyes again, you were smashing in the face of the pirate bastard who did it. He grabbed your hand, nose bleeding and eyes all wonky, then stabbed you in the side with a knife. Full of adrenaline, you slammed his arm to his chest, breaking it. You grabbed the knife, and heard alarms going off all around you. You looked at him and he looked at you. With the meekest voice, he said to you "Please... no more."

You left him alive,and ran out of that camp fast. You were at the edge of the jungle anyway, and no-one followed you.
Item Gain: Knife.

Then came the bridge, falling into the river... And now this place of hazy memories. Unconsciousness. However, in the darkness of the waters of your mind, you can see a light up above. You swim higher and higher, until you break the waters... and when you wake up, you find yourself on the side of a river with four others all lying on the sand. You look around you, to find yourself in the sunlight of beautiful jungle. The sun shining down upon you, the fresh blue waters of the river flowing down the way, the dark jungle filled with plants you never saw before, the grand mountains in the distance. The Atlantis Isles are beautiful, like nothing you've ever seen before. Such a shame they had to be infested with the worst kind of scum.

After finding yourself to be healthy, you stand up. It is time to move, even if everything hurts. You know who you are, but the question is... what's your identity?
What is your name, appearance, and gender?

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: UristMcDwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Patrick Hunt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: coolrune (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:39:25 pm by Fniff »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 07:44:02 pm »

I appear to be a Male, but I have no recollection of my name. I quickly adopt the name rune after seeing one such on a stone nearby. I am tall, thin, and with eyes that look very threatening. They used to be kind and trusting. His fists are always clenched. Always waiting for the thing that will put me in danger.

Basically, the world's most unlikely badass.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 08:45:49 pm »

I am Harvey Bekter, Male and am almost 6 ft tall with dark green dyed hair and a well muscled body. I have no facial hair and have bright green eyes.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2013, 09:03:24 pm »

Oh, c'mon! You're really gonna pass up the possibility of a green beard!

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2013, 02:37:19 pm »

I am a male named only as the Falcon. I wear black clothes that completely disguise me, but I a'm tall and lean.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 02:48:22 pm by Urist Mc Dwarf »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2013, 12:30:27 am »

My name is Dage Annarson, although on stage I went by Dangerman.
At the time of my 'abduction' I was wearing a ratty denim vest, complete with a few sewn-on patches, over a simple white t-shirt, tight black jeans and a pair of motorcycle boots. I have a couple of lip-piercings, brown eyes and long, straight blond hair.
I'm a guy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2013, 09:31:35 pm »

(Since TCM is having internet troubles, I'll cut him slack and post now. He can post his first action and his character's name/description when he comes on.)
As you look around after assessing yourself, you see you're on the side of a river surrounded by jungle. There are mountains in the distance, and a few plumes of campfire smoke close by. There's several paths that cut into the jungle, but there doesn't seem to be any signs pointing to any civilization. There isn't even any signs of civilization at all: this place is as wild as it probably was before humans stepped on it. You half-expect to see a dinosaur or two. There are four other people on the river with you. They seem to be sane, as they escaped with you in the jungle. Might as well introduce yourselves, maybe figure out what to do.

Spoiler: Landmarks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dage Annarson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Falcon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harvery Bekter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rune (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2013, 09:34:50 pm »

Convince the others to go East. There'll be search boats along the sea.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2013, 09:35:11 pm »

(I suggest you do that by talking to them in the threat itself.)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2013, 09:41:41 pm »

What's that? I should threaten them? I do have this sharp poker.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2013, 09:44:28 pm »

(Whoops. Thread. Just post IC as your character talking see, like this: "Hi, I'm a dude. Man, those crazy pirates, amirite guys?")

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2013, 10:21:44 pm »

((Will try to post here early tomorrow.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2013, 12:26:27 am »

Dage backed away a few steps from these people, hands raised in a calming gesture before him.
"Okay, uh," he spoke slowly, enunciating the words clearly, "Who the fuck are you people?" Trying to, anyway. His English was usually excellent, but right now he sounded kinda panicked. "Are you pirates? Or what?"

They didn't look much like the guards he'd seen while escaping... and they didn't seem to be trying to kill him just yet... but still. He wasn't about to let his guard down. He'd only barely managed to escape as it is-- although he was pretty sure he recognized at least one of them from the cage he'd woken up in.

>Keep cautious distance from the others, watching closely.

>Examine them a bit more if they don't try to kill me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2013, 06:59:30 am »

"Well I dunno about the rest of you but I'm a British soldier, I'll be heading inland because they're gonna expect us to head for the coast and I'm not gonna make this easy for them."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2013, 08:01:50 am »

I am Hhythol Mugadabaze. A man of 6'2 stature, with a body built from constant running.

Action: Examine pistol for anything interesting, simply listen to what the other people have to say for now.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8