Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: The Jungle (Modern Pirate RTD) Out of the Frying Pan...  (Read 8586 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Jungle (Modern Pirate RTD) Out of the Frying Pan...
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2013, 04:05:15 pm »

Awaken from coma, look around.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2013, 08:16:06 pm »

Yoink
Where did it go wrong? Well, maybe you could say it went wrong when you got kidnapped by pirates, but really maybe it was your birth or your destiny or god or whatever man, it's like you got a serious problem you can't shake off and you can't get rid of it, and it's eating you alive. Man, is this jungle closing in on you? Fuck, it's like you've been in a trainwreck since you were a kid, doing so well till the pressure got too much and the weed calmed you down and made you laugh, so the world's spinning on without you, do your parents even know you're gone, you can see them, the vision consuming you, you can see them watching the mailed DVD where a girl with red painted on eyes carefully explains it all. They are weeping, while a policeman says that they probably shouldn't, but they should consider the idea of paying the ransom cos, the unsaid next part of his speech, they might just behead your fucking son and rest of his shitty band, then send it to you on a DVD. The girl is talking. Where do you know her? Ah. The pirate.

"We have kidnapped your son." said Farah, now why do you know her name? "... Hey, since you're here, Dangerman, we might as well talk.."

"Uh, sure?" you say, and suddenly you've got a knife held to your neck by the pirate and she's staring at you with four pairs of eyes.

"Anyone ever tell you, that you don't look half bad?" she asks, cocking a smile. "Look out for me. You'll know I'm true when I tell you the birds fly wrong here."

You open your eyes with a jolt. You look at the joint on your hand, then flick it away. Well, you're never smoking that ever again. Hallucinations... Never hallucinated before. Not on weed. Are you cracking?

TCM
You open your eyes, and see that the teen is staring out at nothing. You stand up and walk over to him.

"You okay?" you ask. He stares, then nods.

Urist Mc Dwarf
[17] [11] You find some broken glass and a long thin stick, then tie them together with some random string you found. You make a crappy axe. This should do for all your axe related needs till later.
ITEM GAIN: CRAPPY AXE. May break randomly.

Coolrune & Patrick Hunt
[3] [3] The lady aims her rifle at Harvey. "So, why you wearing their uniform?"
d
"He's a fucking newbie." says the second guard. "Let me spell it out for you. We don't want any of you American, British, or Australian cunts on our land."

"Now hop it!" yells the third guard.

"What about the kid?" says the second guard.

[18] The third guy looks at Rune and his gun, then nods. "Hey, kid, how about you ditch this fuckhead and come hang with us? You have a gun already, I see. Come on, we need someone like you right now anyway."

"Oh yeah... The special mission." says the lady, nodding and smiling at Rune. "We'd need someone like that."
Composure: 9 turns until conversation shutdown for Patrick Hunt.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2013, 08:34:26 pm »

Rune remains steady In his position. "I'll consider it if you tell me what it is..."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 05:23:51 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2013, 09:11:49 pm »

(( Nvm Cool I'm out of the game. ))
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:43:30 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2013, 09:55:32 pm »

Hhythol flexes his hands and stands up.

"I don't have my gun. That motherfucker took my gun."

"Anyways, who are you? Where are we? Did you see any other people?"

Question the teen.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2013, 10:49:36 pm »

I'm afraid that due to differences of opinion, Patrick Hunt has had to leave the game. Just edit your actions to suit this fact, as he has asked for his character to simply be redacted. So, essentially, Harvey has never existed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2013, 03:30:43 am »

>Flee from hallucinations, flee from the jungle, flee from the wrong-flying birds and whatever other nasties might be lurking in the trees.

>Try and find those people I was imprisoned with.

((Sorry, not much of an action, I know- I'm kind of tired right now. :P Not in the right mood for writing roleplay.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2013, 04:55:00 pm »

Coolrune
You walk through the jungle, following a rough jungle path. Eventually you enter the clearing, and see the village. An armed woman walks up to you, and you prepare your pistol. She shakes her head and motions you to lower your gun. She lowers hers, and you do so as well.

"You a pirate?" She asks.

"Far from it." you say. "You shouldn't carry guns like that around."

"Welcome to the Atlantis Isles. You need them if you're going to survive." she looks behind, staring at... nothing. "Well, just don't screw around, alright?"

She walks back. For some reason, you get a sense of deja vu.
Spoiler: Rune (click to show/hide)

Urist McDwarf
[3] You accidentally break the axes handle, making it pretty much useless. Fooling around with upgrading your weapons is getting harder and harder: you should probably stop while you're ahead.
Spoiler: The Falcon (click to show/hide)

Yoink
The jungle consumes and surrounds you as you run away from the hallucinations, the river, the drug. You are scratched and bashed as you run aimlessly deeper and deeper... [20] And find yourself in a clearing of hanging corpses. You scream and fall over, staring up at the hanged men, [18] until you finally get a hold of yourself and realize they're parachuted soldiers. Long dead, hanging from their parachutes stuck in trees. They might have something. You may have gotten lucky. But are you going to lower yourself to graverobbery? In videogames, it was always that easy, but they weren't people.
Spoiler: Dage Annarson (click to show/hide)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2013, 04:59:52 pm »

Hhythol flexes his hands and stands up.

"I don't have my gun. That motherfucker took my gun."

"Anyways, who are you? Where are we? Did you see any other people?"

Question the teen.

Mmmph.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2013, 05:02:55 pm »

Sorry, it was a player interaction post and all I could say is "The teen runs away".

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2013, 05:03:37 pm »

Shrug, look around at surroundings.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2013, 05:04:25 pm »

Enter the shop, but be careful about it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2013, 05:05:03 pm »

Which shop?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8