Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mad Dogs- Military-Grade Arena (Needs More Applicants)  (Read 1983 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Mad Dogs- Military-Grade Arena (Needs More Applicants)
« on: September 14, 2013, 04:24:12 pm »

Welcome to Mad Dogs. This is a prototype game I'm running that should last at least three matches, but hopefully I'll complete more than that. A "match" is described below, as there's many ways to play Mad Dogs.
AVAILABLE GUNS:

AVAILABLE ARMOR AND EQUIPMENT:
Spoiler: Armor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Seriously, read through that. You'll at least need to know the basics when the game starts.

Now then, the possible game modes. I'll let anyone who creates a character make a vote on which one they want to play.

Team Murderthon Two teams enter...
Four versus four, players on the same team have similar ITs, color schemes, and radios that they can communicate with one another with (this is the only mode where PMing information to other players isn't frowned upon, but it should be with your team only.) Players can individually choose their weapons, armor, and equipment. The game is over when all members of a single team are dead, there are no replacement members. There may be items on the map, but there does not have to be any.

Foursome The competition heats up...
Four groups of two duke it out in a mode similar to Team Murderthon. The only change is the distribution of players.

Madhouse Congratulations! You're all crazy.
Eight players all fighting to be the last one standing. All other rules are the same as in Team Murderthon.

Jungle Fever You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby!
Eight players. Every player will die in 3 turns unless they consume an antidote- however, it only resets the clock. Each player starts with two doses of the antidote- one they can consume, and one that can only be consumed by the other players. To take someone else's antidote, you'll have to kill them.

Players cannot take more than one equipment.

((For clarification, at the start, you'll be alive->alive-> alive-> dead. On the start of the fourth turn, having an antidote and being able to take it will save your life.))

Death Roulette Do you feel lucky?
Eight players. Everyone starts with a completely random setup- weapons, armor, and equipment. There is a chance to start with heavy weaponry.

Game Show Murdertime Funtime, anyone?
Everyone starts with a combat knife, and ONLY a combat knife. You get new weapons, armor, or equipment (two items total) for every kill you get, as well as magically replenished health.

Game Show- Couples Season Awww, isn't that just the cutest thing.
Everyone starts with a combat knife and a partner. Basically four two-man teams operating on the same rules as Gameshow. Magical healing is replaced with a free medkit thrown in with the loot, so that a teammate could get a kill and heal the player who needs it more. If one person in your team dies, you no longer get medkits or healing.

---
Please note that the rules are being clarified every time someone makes a question that was not answered in the rules. It would be wise to re-read once the first match gets going, and if you have a gameplay related question, please ask now.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 03:17:33 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Dogs- Military-Grade Arena
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 04:24:35 pm »

Character Sheets

I need a name, general appearance, and a vote. The "backstory" is a dismal future where the poor, unemployed, prisoners, or other such unlucky people are forced into private military companies, who make money by televising events where PMC members fight each other to the death. If you'd like, you can also choose a color, though if it's a team game you might not get that color. You can write a backstory if you'd like, but it's not mandatory.

The name should be somewhat believable. They can be funny, and can be something that makes you think "why would anyone name their kid that", but not "Yolo Swaggins 420" or something crazy like that.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 04:29:27 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 04:25:08 pm »

also reserved in case of maps

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 05:10:21 pm »

Name: Miles
Appearance: Bright yellow hair, always-wide eyes. Among other birth defects, including two vestigial tails, he suffers from dwarfism, and a couple fused-together fingers.
A little unnecessary background: Named after his parents' idol, who has apparently transcended the ancient and forgotten video games he came from.
Vote: Couple's season
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 05:51:32 pm »

Name: Alec Schmidt
Appearance: A tall, thin man with a bald head and a number of scars and a missing left eye.
Vote: Jungle Fever
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 06:21:48 pm »

Name: Veloci Pinnam
Appearance: Light, slim, and packed with a surprising amount of wiry muscle despite her compact looks, Veloci has baby blue fringed hair going down to her shoulders and in front of her face choppily. She wears a crow's feather in her hair.
Vote: Couples' Season
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:40:36 pm by Powder Miner »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 07:01:06 pm »

Please note that the rules are being clarified every time someone makes a question that was not answered in the rules. It would be wise to re-read once the first match gets going, and if you have a gameplay related question, please ask now.

Also, a quick detail about how each grouping of guns work, as you're likely going to want to know.

Pistols: Can be chosen as a primary or secondary. Able to be used in extremely close ranges, but lacking in reach and power.
SMGs: Can be chosen as a primary or a secondary. Only the MAC-10, the MP7, and the Uzi can be chosen as secondaries. Generally useful at the same ranges as pistols, with a little more reach. High ammo counts mean you won't have to reload often.
Assault Rifles: Can be chosen as primary. Fairly powerful and ammo-packed, they are useful, and have longer range. They cannot hit something quite as close up as a pistol, and some suffer from being complicated to operate.
Shotguns: Shotguns always have a set number of projectiles (usually 2-4), but are easy to get hits with and have enough power to reliably kill. They often lack heavily in range, as well as ammo.
Snipers: Long range weapons that cannot be used at short intervals. Most cannot be fired if you moved in the same turn and suffer if not used behind cover. ((Operates under overwatch rules- that one piece of armor DOES affect them)) Power is high, ammo isn't.
Heavy: Powerful. Lots of ammo ((except the RPG)), good range ((except for at close range)), and high damage as well as likelihood to fire many, many bullets. There's a reason they can't be chosen and generally aren't used.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 08:33:54 pm »

You should probably put that in the OP.

---

Name: Leonid
Appearance: A fair-skinned man with a severe disposition and short-cropped black hair. Crazy about knives.
Vote: Couple's Season

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 10:36:08 pm »

Where's the Single Action Army?

Anyway I'll be watching this.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 10:38:48 pm »

Does it even matter which gun you choose in a particular category? I don't see individual stats for all of them, and if they did it'd probably be overkill anyways.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 05:36:19 am »

Name: Kurdt Josefferson.
Appearance: Long blonde hair. Tall and gaunt. Not the strongest person, likes wearing trenchcoats to hide his slight build.
Vote: Foursome.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 08:36:00 am »

Somewhat. Each gun behaves in a similar way, though they vary within a category.

The Desert Eagle, for instance, is twice as powerful as the Five-seveN (the baseline gun- no mods to rolls, 2 dmg, more ammo than others at 15), but is much less accurate. It has higher range, but less ammo. The exact stats are "-4 accuracy (d12 roll to determine shots fired), damage rank 4 (damage dealt on a hit- extreme for a sidearm), range 3-8 (min/max tile range, minimum is a bit high, but it reaches two tiles further than other pistols), and 7 ammo (almost the lowest, aside from the revolver).

Sometimes a gun will have "force single" or "force burst(3)" in it's description. If your accuracy roll would result in a higher amount of bullets, you attack with the forced amount, if it's lower, it's a miss (getting a single shot with a "force burst(3)").

Not as complicated as it sounds. If we go to a gamemode with individual choice I'll lay out the entire table.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 09:03:20 am »

Name: Subject-206
Appearance: a female teenager with red hair done up in two pig tails(black ribbons) and a yellow with pink lines and a heart pendant around her neck. Wearing a black jacket with two white bands around her elbows and a red tribal patten on her back. It's Zoey Hanson with Alex Mercer's clothes.
Vote: Couples Season.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 03:17:01 pm »

Bump, because I need more players, and also bump because the map is done.

I'll photocopy it if I have to, but if there's some, like, graph-paper online program that would let me put symbols in the tiles and line walls, it would be easier.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Dogs- Military-Grade Arena (Needs More Applicants)
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 03:44:38 pm »

Name: Rune
Appearance: A thin, tall man. He is very lightly muscled, and is built to be slim and fast. Is known for his steady aim with a rifle. Works best in a sniper team. (Would prefer a sniper rifle)
Vote: Couple's Season
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 03:48:19 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: [1] 2