Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "could not find path" problems...  (Read 1176 times)

Gronut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"could not find path" problems...
« on: August 22, 2006, 11:11:00 am »

I'm getting a lot of spam from different dwarves that goes like: "X cancels Eat: could not find path" but there are no cosed doors/etc between the food store and the dining room(s). Does this happen when things get crowded? I have about a hundred dwarves and it is somewhat... cozy, and that's the only thing I can think of...

FunkyWaltDogg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "could not find path" problems...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 12:15:00 pm »

Both times this happened to me, I had built a private dining room in anticipation of the arrival of nobles and locked the door.  I had two different public dining rooms, but I still had dwarves who just had to eat in the one they couldn't get to.  Are you sure you don't have ANY inaccessible dining rooms without specific owners?

Gronut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 01:52:00 pm »

[edit: uh, nevermind - I'm not all there this morning... and it's not even morning any more...]

[edit 2: I should probably mention that I think your suggestion was helpful - seems they wre all clamouring for the Sheriff/Captain of The Guard floodin' room o' fun. Silly Dwarves; agonizing drowning death in the icy waters that course beneath Mt. Gronut is for nobles.]

[ August 22, 2006: Message edited by: Gronut ]

ToxicFrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 02:35:00 pm »

I've seen the same, only for drinking. Four wells, two rivers, no obstructions and they're running around saying that they can't Drink because there's no path.

I've also seen them claiming they can't path to Eat when they /can/ path, but there's no actual food in the food store.

Oboro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 04:39:00 pm »

Different pathing error than those described here, but...

Normally, if cave spider webs appear somewhere on the river that my dwarves can't access them, they won't even attempt to queue a job to grab them. But, on one side of the river, there is a very large contiguous mass of land that connects to where my bridge is. So the dwarves can access part of this contiguous mass of land.

HOWEVER, there's a channel in the middle of it to fill my farmland. If a web appears on this contiguous mass beyond the channel, the dwarves don't realize they can't access it, and I get spammed with "cannot find path" cancellations, even if I cancel the "collect webs" job because they just queue it again.

Gronut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 06:35:00 pm »

Why not build a bridge across the channel so they can go get the webs when they want to?