Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are you Testy?  (Read 1628 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Are you Testy?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 09:40:28 pm »

Offensive on any front?

Nope.

Other related questions pertaining to aggression for absolutely no reason, or just 'curiosity'?

Nope.

Any act within the range of intent to hurt others or usage of banal arguments and mundane gestures simply to cause provocation?

Nope.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 10:31:03 pm »

-snip-

My advice to anyone who says "yes" here is that they need to think quite deeply about it, their reasons and above all the effects their "testing" has on other people. I'll leave it at that.

Well... I will say that most people who would fall under the worst aspects of being "testy" are the sort of people who don't do it out of the conscious logical reason to harass people... But rather a irresistible compulsion to sabotage their own relationships that is somewhat unconscious and somewhat realized, usually with a sort of double sided doomed situation.

Which from what I understand from the responses. People who fall under this, the worst aspects, are genuinely rare as it likely signifies an actual mental problem.

As well judging by how people understand and formulate the reasons one might have for it, it is also relatively unknown for someone to do it for reasons other than malice or hatred.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:33:41 pm by Neonivek »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 10:34:10 pm »

The person I knew who did most of this was a sociopath who really just liked fucking with people for fun.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 10:37:47 pm »

The person I knew who did most of this was a sociopath who really just liked fucking with people for fun.

Yep, that is the other type of person who does that.

For Mild Testing it is a common trait of "outgoing people" to test people, though in this case it is more that they are exploring social constructs then testing "people".

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 11:16:32 pm »

Oh wait, if the question is associated with anything to do with malice/trolling or anything like that, then no.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 11:38:06 pm »

I try to keep my judgements to myself (edit, non-sequiter: and my tests on others to a minimum). Unfortunately so much of modern society is a competition. I think it's human nature to try to judge people, because we're all bombarded with insecurities and people want to know if they measure up.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 11:39:41 pm by Eagleon »
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 08:58:01 am »

Oh wait, if the question is associated with anything to do with malice/trolling or anything like that, then no.

It isn't. I was observing that the general opinion of someone who is testy, to a negative degree, as far as the question is concerned, was that the person was malicious.

Being testy just means that you either like to or have a compulsion to "test people" and it could mean anything.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 09:20:13 am »

That's exactly what I'm talking about.
Pages: 1 [2]