Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Are you Testy?  (Read 1631 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Are you Testy?
« on: September 11, 2013, 01:19:04 pm »

I guess it is hard for me to describe it...

But are you the sort of person who likes to test people, maybe for no reason whatsoever.

You like to annoy them, make them feel odd, or even just weird them out and see if they are still around?

Heck maybe even pick dumb arguments and treat it like it was the most important argument in the world just because you want to see how the other person will respond. Or maybe you will intentionally throw arguments or throw the dumbest arguments you can think of...

Or for some reason you have a tendency to hurt people and see what happens.

You may or may not actually want to really push that person away, but for some reason you do anyway. Or does it feel a lot more stressful not doing this?

I am wondering, are you that sort of person?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 01:24:11 pm by Neonivek »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Are you Testy?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 01:21:58 pm »

No, but I am sorely disappointed, because I'm the kind of person who likes to take personality quizzes.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 01:27:39 pm »

No, but I am sorely disappointed, because I'm the kind of person who likes to take personality quizzes.

Then aren't you the kind of person who likes to be tested?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 01:46:25 pm »

In before somebody says that they like testes.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 01:51:52 pm »

Why do I have a feeling GLaDOS is watching this thread?
Or that Neonivek might be Wheatley in disguise?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 03:43:19 pm by Ultimuh »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 02:03:38 pm »

I don't know, am I?

Choose wisely.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 02:28:13 pm »

Why do I have a feelong GLaDOS is watching this thread?
Or that Neonivek might be Wheatley in disguise?

I can deny this with some certainty.

Have I lied to you? I mean, on this board?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 02:33:32 pm »

I occasionally perform psychological tests on my friends and family.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 02:34:49 pm »

Nope.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 02:36:40 pm »

I hope not ._.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 02:38:00 pm »

I tend to test people sometimes, ranging from judging how well their judgement is, to testing their loyalties on other levels (I unintentionally pulled this during my high school reunion. Amazingly enough, for an outsider at school, I made alot of friends with much variety. From some of the most socially awkward people, to even a couple of the popular types. Then again, being a neutral made it easy to befriend any social caste.). Or at least, I used to do that. Not so much nowadays, since I already learned plenty from and about people to the point of understanding plenty of situations from various angles, and how they tend to interpret things, as well as other people's interpretations. I've been doing that for at least a decade, and have gotten sufficiently bored of it (I know enough to actually get bored, and view it as tedious.).

Interesting enough, thanks to all my researching of social psychology, I tend to surprise some people when crime dramas are on that involve infiltrations and such, and I can pinpoint a mastermind on the spot. Of course, when applying it 'on the field' in games like Space Station 13, I hold a greater difficulty with it, and just decide to go aloof, and not worry as much, and go with the flow. Speaking of which, testing in that environment, I'm amazed at how much drug use I can get away with on the station, even as CMO. Sometimes, it kinda makes me wonder why my guy is hired for the job. He's drunk and high half the time. I mean, latest rounds, he used a chemistry set to drink ethanol straight up to get hammered in a heartbeat, while being intoxicated with space drugs in concentrated doses. Mind you, he also does surgery under these conditions.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:41:39 pm by Itnetlolor »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 04:30:42 pm »

By this definition, I am testy.

It is in my nature to experiment and explore. Doing different things to people falls well within this.

I do, however, strictly try to avoid significant damage to people. Well, friends that is. I do a variation of trolling to perform harsher tests on outsiders.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 04:52:56 pm »

-snip-

My advice to anyone who says "yes" here is that they need to think quite deeply about it, their reasons and above all the effects their "testing" has on other people. I'll leave it at that.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 06:02:37 pm by Owlbread »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 05:57:20 pm »

Yes, actually.

Whenever anyone is acting like a dick, it's very fun to take advantage of someone's buttons and, not just push them, fucking smash them in with a jackhammer. The very act of someone who was acting like an asshole a minute ago suddenly be so pissed and confused, it's hilarious.

However, I rarely do this to my friends. I do it to my brother whenever i'm bored, but it's a mutual deal and it never really goes beyond trolling.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 09:37:58 pm »

Sort of. Sometimes I like to steer conversations in a certain direction to gauge the responses.

But I do it to learn more about the person, not to push their buttons or anything, I actively avoid being offensive or hurtful. Its simple curiousity.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!
Pages: [1] 2