Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Importing a save  (Read 410 times)

Charlylimph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Importing a save
« on: September 11, 2013, 01:24:49 am »

So I know this is not a gamplay question, but it is still the query of a newb.

I have tried importing a saved game and world file, but I get the error message "book_instructions.txtNOTFOUND" when the world would be starting to load. I really like this save! Please help!

chris_strain

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Importing a save
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 09:59:09 am »

Is the save from the same version of DF? If it's an older version then it would explain why you're missing some needed entries.

Charlylimph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 05:29:57 pm »

The same version. The save is from my boyfriend's computer, he sent me the world save and the region.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 05:47:27 pm »

"World save and the region"? huh?

Ask him to try again, with the following information.

1) When you hit "Continue game" the next screen lets you select the world & fortress you wish to load, it also specifies which folder the save is contained in (inside the Data\Save parent folder).
2) He needs to send you the entire folder but only that folder (unless he's using a graphics set you don't have available), which is best done by compressing it to a .zip, .rar, .7z, or whatever.

Alternately, if you just want to start afresh on the same location, a screenshot of the embark screen (taken when the x is showing) & the worldgen parameters (exportable from an existing game by loading a fort, hitting [escape], selecting "export local image", hitting [e] for "export", & then finding the text file in the DF root folder which contains the name of the fort & the term "param" {e.g. Deepcraft-param-fDeepCraft-301-202.txt})

Charlylimph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 08:51:06 pm »

It works! Thanks you!