Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [DF 34.11]Fikodtun, Land of the Loving  (Read 10986 times)

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11]Fikodtun,a generic succession game
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2013, 10:04:16 pm »

If the craftswdwarf is just drawing pictures then they're missing materials, so you should try and see what they're drawing so you can procure those resources.

I also don't object to the undead arena, as those can often turnout to be particularly FUN.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2013, 11:31:42 am »

How could anyone object to zombie training? Making zombies specifically for the purpose of training is so unbelievably dwarfy that I would be disappointed if you didn't do it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2013, 07:54:16 pm »

If the craftswdwarf is just drawing pictures then they're missing materials, so you should try and see what they're drawing so you can procure those resources.
I already checked, and I had all the requested materials. Oh well, he just went berserk anyway.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2013, 08:41:36 pm »

Chapter 3: LegendsThe first bars of steel that this fortress has seen have been smelted. They were then forged into a steel battleaxe for Urist the Axedwarf. May it soon taste goblin blood!
Several chinchillas have walked into the animal trap. They shall be the first to serve in the undead training room.
Our brethren have arrived with a trade caravan. We bought much steel and iron armor, enough to patchily outfit the army. No one has a full set, but it’s better than nothing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Awww yeah! I was talking to her earlier, and she mentioned a preference for war hammers. Hopefully this will cause her to forge one.

Today will be the first use of a highly experimental concept: a zombie training room. We will chain a necromancer near our training area, and then when he raises his zombies, we will kill them before they have a chance to fight back. We will gain huge amounts of realistic combat experience. If this works, we will be legends!

After using the zombie training room for the first time, it was horrifying. Even I almost couldn’t continue because of fear. I had to give Udib a short leave because I could tell he was on the verge of insanity. It was worth it, though; I would already consider myself quite skilled at hammerwielding. I am not quite a legend yet, but I plan on continuing my training under the next overseer's rule and so I will hopefully become even more skilled.
We have received an… unexpected guest.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He was immediately captured in a cage trap, though, so I will leave him for the next overseer. My reign is almost over, and I have only one thing left to do: build myself a tomb that will last long past the time when my bones have crumbled into dust.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2013, 08:55:32 pm »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2013, 10:55:52 am »

That's one bad ass hammer. Gold is really heavy isn't it? IIRC it is, and should make a fine weapon. Good thing he didn't like swords...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2013, 04:25:23 pm »

I've never had a minotaur show up in any of my games before. omo

Also, could you specify how you got hold of the necromancers?
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2013, 04:27:34 pm »

I've never had a minotaur show up in any of my games before.

I have, but he got instakilled by my military (marksdwarf had a lucky shot). Never had to deal with one running around though...
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2013, 06:37:24 pm »

I've never had a minotaur show up in any of my games before. omo

Also, could you specify how you got hold of the necromancers?
I Had just finished building the animal trap that you will see if you look at the save (to the right of the main fort) and I got the message "intruders! Drive them away!" And it zoomed to a cage trap, so I k'd over the cage and it had "dwarf necromancer" listed as contents. This then occurred three more times in the next five minutes.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2013, 08:18:31 pm »

Ah, they were probably trying to stage an ambush or something of the sort. Necromancers do that with any refuse left around, so if he'd gotten under the trapdoors you'd have been screwed. :P The others must have been his apprentices.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

Legendel

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Curing the Sane.
    • View Profile
    • Clan SAR
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2013, 01:36:13 pm »

I claim my turn.

And thus the year of blood begins...
"The buddy system is essential to your survival; it gives the enemy somebody else to shoot at."

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2013, 02:41:55 pm »

So my notifications aren't working right.  That said, nice turn.  We have zombies!  Do necros have a range or LoS requirement?

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2013, 02:55:03 pm »

Do necros have a range or LoS requirement?

Yes. In short, they have to be able to see what they're reanimating, so a blind necromancer can't revive anything:

1) The Necromancer must have an unobstructed line of sight towards his new minions
2) The corpse cannot be outside the Necromancer's sight range.

It's simple, really, so generally you don't want a Zombie arena to be too large (or too small, lest your entire military get eaten alive by zammies).
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2013, 11:02:05 pm »

Well that's good.  My familiarity with necromancer is from reading Spearbreakers and evil biomes where stuff that is dead does not stay that way.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8