Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: trade contracts  (Read 566 times)

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
trade contracts
« on: August 22, 2006, 12:25:00 am »

what is up with them??
what am I doing??
did I just agree to sell my soul for 50% of the cost?

I guess I saw some big list of all the things these guys produce so I went and picked the things I liked and he decided he would charge me more money for them....

did I specifically order those things or something and that is why they cost more, so they actually take them to my fort?

and they said they want stuff too...

are the wagons that came with them the same people I made the contract with? I assume so...

so does this mean that if I had some of what they wanted - in this case short swords, they would pay more - 140% I think it was, or what? did they order a large order or something?

i dont know!

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
Re: trade contracts
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 03:48:00 am »

Yes on all accounts; signing trade agreements is a basic "backscratching" agreement.  That is, you will ask the trader for something and he will bring more of it at cost to you, while the trader will ask you for something and you will produce more of it at cost to him.

In other words, he brings you more of something you want and you bring him more of something he wants.

[ August 22, 2006: Message edited by: JT ]

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: trade contracts
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 07:38:00 pm »

ah yeah, that is kind of what I figured. thanks!