Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Undead scaring the daylights out of a kid at rediculous range (nvm, I goofed)  (Read 409 times)

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

Alright, here's the scoop:

Melbil is on the surface, up near the corner where he just tore up a new migrant crowd.

Ilral is down in the hospital, having himself a freakout.  I have no idea WHY, he's a fortress child that hasn't even SEEN the surface, but he's blowing his lid (and is going to get himself killed at this rate)...  Wait a second, who the hell is this in your parents screen?....

... Oh gods, this kid isn't a fortress brat.  He teleported into the fortress.  It looks like he somehow ran into one of our fortress brats (Sigun to be exact) who's beaten up a bit and isn't reporting in for hospitalization.  Need to deal with that... maybe I'll drop a rock on him.

So, ... two questions.  One: Why is this kid having a snickerfit at the undead that can no longer reach him, and how the HELL did he get into a fort that's so sealed up I should be having concerns about air quality?  This kid's a 0 in happiness according to Therapist so I'm assuming he's a lost cause.  At this point I'm thinking I lock the door to his hospital room and wait until the macedwarves can deal with him (which are a ways out yet).

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Re: Undead scaring the daylights out of a kid at rediculous range
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 04:18:15 am »

I figured out how the little bugger got into the fort.  I left a few gopher holes open for some psychopathic reason for the last... 6 years?  No teleportation, just a dumbass overseer.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wouldn't rule out teleportation.  I've had a few zombie-ravens appearing in the upper levels of my tundra-challenge fort while it was completely locked down.Dodging has been proven to allow creatures to teleport through solid walls.  Never heard of dodging through a floor though.  Maybe it's related to the bridge I have covering the aquifer-bore.

Your conclusion though is that little Ilral there must have fallen down an item-retrieval hole, gotten injured in the fall, and then when trying to go to the hospital to "rest", got spooked by a zombie?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

Your conclusion though is that little Ilral there must have fallen down an item-retrieval hole, gotten injured in the fall, and then when trying to go to the hospital to "rest", got spooked by a zombie?

It's the best I can figure.  I don't pay much attention (read: none) to migrant wave slaughters on the surface anymore.