Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: save corrupted?  (Read 386 times)

TheSheogorath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
save corrupted?
« on: September 09, 2013, 07:54:11 pm »

hi people! i want to know if my saved game is corrupted and if there is a solution for playing again, becouse every time i want to load the save df stops working and crashes, there is no hope for playing this fort again? it was 6 years old already :(

TheSheogorath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: save corrupted?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:07:48 pm »

i been reading bug reports and all they say is something about compressed saves corrupting the save, some people could fix it by disabling compressed saves but is not my case:(
sorry for useless post is my first time posting

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 09:12:49 pm »

Have you made any changes to the raws? Is there anything in the error log (found in the same folder as the DF exe)?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

TheSheogorath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 09:55:13 pm »

Have you made any changes to the raws? Is there anything in the error log (found in the same folder as the DF exe)?

no i never edited the raws and i dont have an error log there is only a gamelog, i tried making and errorlog by creating a txt file named errorlog but doesnt work

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 10:33:12 pm »

no i never edited the raws and i dont have an error log there is only a gamelog, i tried making and errorlog by creating a txt file named errorlog but doesnt work

Really? There should be an error log generated automatically, it should get generated by various pathing errors that happen from time to time, those are normal though, unless it has ballooned from tons of pathing errors in a short period of time.

TheSheogorath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 05:12:06 am »

no i run the save let it crash but no error log appears, the error log not appearing may be that i reinstalled df, but doesnt appear when i load the save i dont know ???

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 11:06:27 am »

Reinstalled DF? Which version is your save from, and which version are you using now?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.