Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: The Kinda Sorta Build-a-City Game (Late Spring, Year 1) RL-Hiatus-ed  (Read 22830 times)

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Build Things (Late Spring, Year 1) Trial Combat
« Reply #180 on: September 29, 2013, 11:20:47 pm »

Event Continue
============
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mick gets down to business

===========================
Event Continues, The Choice

What do we do about the corpse?

And for the record NorthTown may have tipped other people off about us: one avian scout saw large dust clouds in the distance. Said it was too disorganized to be an army or bandits, so they're probably migrants. Though that makes me wonder: what's going on out there that's causing such a huge population shift?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the record, people without a character in the game can still participate (you'll just be attributed to a "random NPC" unless you give a name of some kind (for obvious reasons trying something like "Murder the boat" won't be as effective on your own, but it's still possible))

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Build Things (Late Spring, Year 1) Rules shift!
« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2013, 01:27:48 am »

swordnekos:if we have swords kill everyone on the boat. if not distract them with cuteness
armormakers: make leather pants
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2013, 06:13:38 pm »

Have Mick ask them about the raids. Also, tell them the truth about the scout, but try to play it neutral. Also ask about if they know the northern settlement. If they do, it could be 3rd party troublemakers. And of course, stop the goddamn swordnekos from getting us into a war with a far larger settlement.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 30, 2013, 06:51:13 pm »

Green Beards Memoirs

Orders
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:55:06 pm by cheesemcmuffin88 »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 30, 2013, 07:03:11 pm »

Any hostile actions by EITHER side will be met with the spears from my fishers... just as an FYI. Stop being SO ridiculously aggressive, or Mick's group start their own place XD.

Mick will do as suggested from Rolepgeek. He will also ask for a description of the corpse they brought up to see if it matches the description of the man we killed earlier. There IS afterall, still the potential that these 2 factions are not at war with each other, and that there IS a 3rd faction of raiders...
Mick personally suspects the North group are not friendly people, but all the same. (Mick doesn't divulge his suspicions, just to confirm that).

Added to that, Mick will ask for what the raiders have been using in terms of weaponry, tactics and so forth, so as to better defend ourselves incase we become a target.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 30, 2013, 07:09:31 pm »

For the record the fact that there is always someone ready to start a war fills me with great joy.
And then despair because I'm still refining combat mechanics.

@ICBM pilot
That seems like an oddly specific thing to request.

=====================
Event Resolution
=====================

{End Event}
Results
  Diplomatic relations with SouthTown increased.

===============================
Now then...
I'm a little too tired to do a proper beginning of Turn 5, so I'll give the abridged version.

First things first: The orders you submitted are considered valid, but resubmitting them will make me less likely to lose 'em.

Turn 5 will occupy 2 weeks within Late Spring.

Food Situation
   Income: Surplus
   Stockpile: Enough for One months (assuming zero income)
   Room: All food stores full.
   Posture: Harvesting enough for daily use, avoid overtaxing local land.

Material Situation
   Builders: Focusing on making housing (tents)
   Crafters: Help out town where possible.
   Intake: All builders have enough to be occupied comfortably for the turn.
   Posture: Spend a normal amount of time on jobs.

Research
    Promtho's Summon Familiar - stopped: Lacking materials (more spellbooks, a means to Stabilize the summon)
    Kwaa-naa's Treehouse - stopped: Lacking a mean to transfer large enough trees (or a close substitute)
    Kwaa's Improved Lances - stopped: Lacks a field of improvement (as in, improve weapon attack)
    Green Bear's shrine to Blag - ongoing.
    Mammoth's Enchanted Charge - stopped: Lacks a means to actually enchant.

Civilian wants
     More houses (currently being built)
     Some fishermen would like a Dock.
     Some humans would like a Bridge.
     Some mages would like Actual books.
     A lot of people want a stiff hard drink.

=====================
Post your orders for turn 5, as well as any posture changes you'd want, some way to advance our researches, etc etc etc.

This post was ninjaed. I have dinner, will fix later.

Final edit:
Considering this town has no centralized government offering up the instigators of war as a means of suing for peace is entirely reasonable.
Hehehehehe
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:32:33 pm by Ashsaber »

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 30, 2013, 07:25:56 pm »

Green Beards Memoirs

Orders

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2013, 08:03:28 pm »

@cheesemcmuffin88
For the record you don't need to say how many people to a job, it's assumed you "have enough" for the job.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 30, 2013, 08:14:55 pm »

Ok I just do it because it adds to the roleplay value for me.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 30, 2013, 08:22:49 pm »

@cheesemcmuffin88
Fair enough. :3

@All
About the researches: Anyone can pitch in to solve (try to) the research blocks, the name is just a means to give contribution.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:33:13 pm by Ashsaber »

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2013, 10:28:25 pm »

@ICBM pilot
That seems like an oddly specific thing to request
what makes you think that?
me: try to remember what units I have
miners: dig trenches
woodworkers: build bridge slightly above the water
swordnekos: think about why tails give -1 to combat and build a still
weaponsmiths:make bone rapiers
armoursmiths:make leather covered shields
one neko:take a spear, a shield, armor, food, a bow, and some arrows go east for awhile then go southwest until it gets to the ocean/huge lake and go north until it hits a settlement if it's ours give a more detailed report on the surroundings or if it's southville trade things for a pickaxe then continue going north
everyone else:tell the mages to stop complaining about not having real books then fortify strategic areas

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:07:22 am by ICBM pilot »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2013, 10:40:59 pm »

Carpenters will work on building that dock! It's simple. I can explain if needed but...I mean, really, it's simple. Ranchers will help with the manual labor portion. Need to get strong to deal with wild animals, right? Brewers gather what help they can and work on the still. Trappers trap. Focus on some large animals this time, you can use those trenches the Nekos are building. Make sure to try and work with them to do it though(ask them to build lots of holes before connecting them to make a real trench). Gatherers gather food, of course. Fruits would be nice, not just berries but good juicy ones, if they can. And brewable stuff like wheat, millet, corn, and the like. Hops would be nice if they find it, especially.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2013, 11:20:15 pm »

@Rolepgeek
It's not that they're too stupid to build a dock, it's just that nobody has actively -started- on one yet (too busy making tents).

@ICBM Pilot
1. Nekos in general gets a -1 to combat due to having an extra grapple weakness. (along the "don't wear loose clothing in a fight" logic.)
1b. Yes, theoretically speaking natural agility would negate that, but in a combat situation even if you're fast, without training that speed is still pretty useless.
2. I'm assuming you want a scout for both NorthTown and SouthTown.
3. And I kind of thought leather pants was a little odd, then I realized which forum I'm in.

@All - Combat revamped
Combat in the future will resolve -instantly-, and it would kinda, sorta run as follows:
And I won't start another round of combat simply because I'm still working on things.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 30, 2013, 11:59:32 pm »

Avians are generally reluctant to work on the dock, but understanding the situation they obliged.

We are without the tech to do anything else, unfortunately.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2013, 01:43:33 am »

1.wouldn't it make sense to tuck their tails into their pants/shirts before combat
1b.not really, if you can kill (or at least stun them)people before they swing then you have a huge advantage in 1V1 fights and a good advantage in 1Vmorethan1 fights because there is a good chance that you will kill at least 2 which is great if you only out numbered 1-less than2. I'm not suggesting that you give them a +1 bonus to combat and no new weakness though.
2.no just scout town they seem the least likely to attack us considering they gave us quite a bit of information on them, even if they were lying it's still better than the guy who didn't care that 2 killed two of his allies which suggests that he has seen a lot being killed so either north town is a ghetto or he is a bandit, either way we don't want to go there with out at least a small army (with one lightly armed unarmored scout to see if they are bandits)  with concealed weapons.
3.leather pants are (possibly) useful as armor.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:48:15 am by ICBM pilot »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19