Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 43960 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!
« Reply #495 on: April 02, 2014, 09:06:12 am »

As I said before, I'm interested!

Go outside and find some thorny vines, collect seeds.

((I'm thinking about using them as a means of defense, hehe. Also, do we need to cook the fruit?))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 02, 2014, 09:16:13 am »

((I'm thinking about using them as a means of defense, hehe. Also, do we need to cook the fruit?))
((Nope, the fruit is edible by itself. You do have uncooked meat lying around however.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 02, 2014, 01:41:07 pm »

(Woohoo, it's back!) 

Danath quickly stumbled to his feet after barely dodging that last attack, fumbling for his runestone as he did so.
'Let's see how it likes this!'
Hold the runestone above my head and channel a large amount of energy into it, to try and brightly illuminate the entire room and give the creature nowhere to hide.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 02, 2014, 03:03:51 pm »

Look for less suspicous looking moss

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 06, 2014, 08:12:36 pm »

Persus made an effective splint from what wood he could harvest, and bound it to his leg with nearby vines (5). He couldn’t support his own weight, but he could tell that the bone was at least set right, and would heal correctly.
Patrick tried to convince Waldo to search the cave for anything edible. (3) However, Waldo failed to find anything in the cave, because the pile of uncooked meat was far more tempting than anything which would run away. (-0.5 uncooked meat)
Urist looked around for fungi that looked more edible, but failed to find any (1). What he did find was a small bear foraging around the forest, though the bear has not seen him yet.
Tomcost found a vine with thorns that had seeds around its base. Reaching for the seeds, he scraped his arm up, but not severe enough to deter him in collecting them (3).

Draco poured as much energy as he felt he could into his runestone, illuminating the entire are (4). His channeling left him feeling pure all the pent up energy rushing from his body (5). Not taking time to savor this feeling, he searched the cave for his aggressor. It was clearly empty, but it seemed that whenever a rock formation cast a large enough shadow a form would appear, only to disappear as Draco shifted to try to illuminate it.

Rune took a nap (-). He dreamed of a creature jumping from shadow to shadow, avoiding the light, and of a man limping with a broken leg. Also of butterflies. (Hand Recovered)

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Alex Shater (Urist) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Rune (Coolrune) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Juppha (Juppah) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  John Doe (ICBM) (click to show/hide)
My Area

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 06, 2014, 08:29:17 pm »

Am I still asleep?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 06, 2014, 08:31:13 pm »

Crawl back to the cave.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 06, 2014, 08:33:57 pm »

Am I still asleep?
((You're going to wake up at the start of next turn before your action takes place. So yes, post like you're awake.))
My Area

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 06, 2014, 09:27:57 pm »

Rune starts walking back to his shelter, then changes direction, heads towards his previous home, climbs a nearby tree, and observed the people he had to escape from. Rune didn't know how it had happened. From hunter to murderer in only seconds... how has he let it happen. Rune had many regrets about what had happened, but he could not go back. Not after what he did. He would need a plan. He HAD to search the lower sections of the cave, but he expected it to be guarded. So he just sat in the tree, watching.

((Someone get me a cardboard box, and I can infiltrate the place. "Hey guys, did you just see a cardboard box go into the lower cave section? I sure think I did." "Nah, don't be so paranoid...."))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 07, 2014, 06:07:36 am »

Cook the food.

((Yeah, I'm taking the boring turn))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 07, 2014, 04:06:47 pm »

Hunt around outside the cave for animals with Waldo.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 07, 2014, 04:31:53 pm »

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 12, 2014, 04:08:52 pm »

((Waiting on draco.))
My Area

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 26, 2014, 01:02:33 pm »

((I'll try to post a turn for you guys tomorrow. I'm sorry that momentum hasn't picked up. It's challenging watching people who once played not respond, and it's hard for me to regain momentum after such a long hiatus. Much harder than I originally anticipated. I will post another turn soon though, and try to keep this moving.))
My Area

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 27, 2014, 07:52:08 pm »

Persus got half way back to the cave, but it was slow going with a broken leg. (2)
Patrick pulled Waldo away from the meat and out of the cave, and tried to communicate to the animal that they needed to find live animals to eat. (4) He experienced greater success outside of the cave, seeing as the wolf was ready to chase after every squirrel that so much as twitched its tail. It wasn’t long before he caught some small prey, consuming them instead of relying on the group’s meat.
Urist (3) managed to put some distance between him and the bear, but the bear heard and was following a ways behind him.
Tomcost burnt some of the food but was cautious enough to not waste too much of it.(2) (-1 uncooked food)

Rune got a great view of the entire circus, Waldo chasing and eating squirrels, Persus limping back to the cave, Tomcost cursing at burning meat, and to top it all off, Urist sprinting away from a bear. (4)

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Alex Shater (Urist) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Rune (Coolrune) (click to show/hide)
My Area

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35