Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44138 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Fighting over a corpse again: Tantrum impending?
« Reply #255 on: September 22, 2013, 08:55:15 pm »

No.... using the skeleton demon thing. Also, turn?
((We're missing people. At least Urist. He needs to show up to throw rocks at something, or look for something nondescript :P And Scapheap.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 22, 2013, 08:55:40 pm »

(( I was talking about the wolves lol, you tried to swipe my pet you could of got your own. I'll even give you the knuckles and other claw bones if you need them.

I got to it first :P. Unless you'd rather start a fued it'll be a lot smoother to just wait and then ask me for the claws. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 22, 2013, 08:57:10 pm »

If you do that I'll kill you.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 22, 2013, 08:58:22 pm »

((Everything in a turn happens at roughly the same time.  So this 'getting there first'  is just in your imagination.))

((Also Samarkand, this would be a great time for some more terrible beasties to come crawling out of the pit, while we're bickering over the corpse of one of their buddies :P ))

((And Rune, if I/he do/does what?))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 22, 2013, 08:59:37 pm »

(( Meh then fued it is I guess if you can't wait to ask and make a friend rather then an enemy. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 22, 2013, 09:01:28 pm »

If you burn my demon corpse.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 22, 2013, 09:01:36 pm »

((Also Samarkand, this would be a great time for some more terrible beasties to come crawling out of the pit, while we're bickering over the corpse of one of their buddies :P ))
((But then there will be more corpses! And more fights!))
My Area

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 22, 2013, 09:03:28 pm »

((Ok, rational guy to the rescue! Damn, I hope I don't fail at this

From that thing, we will get:
-A somewhat thick skin --> Useful for waterskins, maybe armor, but I doubt how useful it would be. Apparently, we won't need water containers, so we can go with the armor directly.
-A bunch of bones --> Useful for making sharp stuff. I doubt about its armor qualities, due to the space between ribs. We already have sharp knives, so that means that our best bet is to use them to make arrows.
-Meat that we don't know if we can eat--> Magical sacrifices, anyone?
-Claws and teeth--> Ideal material for sharp weaponry. Maybe we can stick them to a club to make an Aztec-like sword, make spears, or just make knifes. The most efficient use would be to make spears, as we will have the biggest amount of weapons, which happen to be quite good against anything with vital organs.

Also, nobody wants to save the head and make a totem?))

Ninja'd 7 damned times

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 22, 2013, 09:06:54 pm »

(( Well fist blades are more effective then my knives, If I get them you can have the knives to make spears. Metal will work better for a spear anyway it can be sharpened to a better point.

Seriously Draco you can't just wait 1 turn and ask so we can be friends rather then one of us ending up dead?))
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 09:23:59 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 22, 2013, 09:08:58 pm »

-A somewhat thick skin --> Useful for waterskins, maybe armor, but I doubt how useful it would be. Apparently, we won't need water containers, so we can go with the armor directly.
((You'll only need water skins to explore deep in the cave, or far from it. So long as your nearby, it doesn't matter.))
My Area

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 23, 2013, 04:18:17 am »

Name the halberd 'Psycho Mantis'
Go get leave to use as replacement bandages.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2013, 04:37:38 am »

Name the halberd 'Psycho Mantis'
Go get leave to use as replacement bandages.

Awesome.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2013, 03:53:36 pm »

I'm going to look for large, sharp stones and long heavy sticks.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - More cave monsters, but less tantrumming!
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2013, 06:00:51 pm »

Many significant looks are exchanged about the monstrous corpse laying in front of the small party as Draco extricates himself from under it. There is palpable tension building in the air as an argument ensues about the proper use of the corpse.

Persus sees the brewing argument and decides to walk away before his second crucifix is burned. While they argue over bones and flesh, he searches about and finds a number of pieces of wood and vines which will be of use to the party.

Tomcost tries to suggest a fairly complete plan for the maximum use of the corpse, but instead of getting in on the action himself he walks off and grabs a small and mildly decrepit piece of wood. Not knowing anything about runes, he starts carving a random one into the wood. Pleased with his work, he channels energy into it. However, instead of causing anything nearby to grow, the wood itself undergoes rapid decomposition before his eyes, leaving him with an entirely rotten mass of detritus in only a matter of seconds. Luckily, however, all of the energy he grabbed from his environment dissipates into the spell, leaving his body feeling clean afterwards.

Scapheap walks away from the corpse and begins cradling his halberd and whispering something about “Psycho Mantis” to it. After a short and very creepy period of doing this, he wanders outside and finds a group of large leafed plants, and brings these leaves back to use as bandages in the future.

Urist also walks off, outside of the cave, with an unusually specific goal in mind. He knew he wanted large, sharp stones and long heavy sticks. Somehow he still got mixed around though, and ended up finding sharp sticks and heavy stones. Not quite what he wanted, but still quite useful!

Meanwhile, back at the corpse, three survivors pounce on it near simultaneously. Patrick hacks off the beasts front paws at the wrist, and just before he is finished Draco walks up and punches him in the back of the head. This blow is enough to daze him for long enough for Draco to get the back pair of claws and walk off untripped, where he grouchily grabs one of Persus’ pieces of wood and fashions a club which menaces with claws of a cave beast. As Patrick comes to, he realizes Draco didn’t take anything he had wanted, despite having nearly knocked him out. He finishes harvesting his claws, and while doing this he noticed Rune displaying the oddest behavior. He appears to be cutting out bones from the monster and then balancing them on his shoulders and head. As he tries desperately to make armor through this strange act, he becomes enraged (as he is want to do) and smashes all of the ribs into tiny shards. Patrick continues his harvesting, without any ribs impeding his progress, and pulls out a substantial amount of organ meat.

Spoiler: Actions and Rolls (click to show/hide)
((I’m trying this all the quotes and rolls in a spoiler, so it’ll look cleaner and let me develop more of a narrative. Tell me what you think. I'll also be working harder on character sheets soon. They'll each get their own spoiler. Also, I'll figure out what turn it is soon. :P ))
Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
My Area

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2013, 06:16:50 pm »

Stab rune in the neck until he's dead. Take the clasws and mandibles then think of a way to turn the claws into fist blades. But do not attempt it for real.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:33:41 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35