Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44156 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - More cave monsters, but less tantrumming!
« Reply #195 on: September 20, 2013, 08:10:36 pm »

((The heart is not on the left, it's on the center. If it were at one side, why would we have that thick sternum preventing empty space in the middle of our chest?. Seriously, who invented that?))

Slash at the leg holding Draco.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 20, 2013, 10:54:57 pm »

((Here's where we're at so far. Rune gave me a great drawing, but I wasn't specific enough in what I sent him, so I had to edit it a little. I made it worse. Sorry Rune. Anything I can add that will make this more clear, I can. Or I can try))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 20, 2013, 11:07:19 pm »

(( Uhm, yes the heart is on the left although not always, some people have there heart on the right but it's rare. Feel for your heartbeat lol you ain't gonna find it in the middle. ))

Repeat attack on the other back leg and rip both daggers out of it's legs to distract it from eating it's new chew toy.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 04:37:02 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 21, 2013, 04:34:17 am »

Grappling?  Sod that, rune-stone time!

"Unless you want to be blind, look away when I tell you to!"
Danath shouts for everyone to look away for a second, then throws his rune-stone into the creatures face, channelling energy into it to release a burst of light.  If that fails to completely loosen it's hold, try to get free and out of range of it's limbs.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 11:33:09 am by draco1234 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 21, 2013, 07:11:20 am »

Looks way better than mine. And I really like how it gradually fades to darkness on that pit.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 21, 2013, 10:24:26 am »

Look away from the flash and then turn back to swing the halberd's blade into it's mouth. I douth it's armoured.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 21, 2013, 10:43:02 am »

Look away from the flash, then slash at the leg.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 21, 2013, 10:43:42 am »

I am currently a bit too focused to look away. So if I get blinded, my character will probably blindly try to beat the crap out of draco.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 21, 2013, 11:26:08 am »

Grappling?  Sod that, rune-stone time!

"Unless you want to be blind, look away when I tell you to!"
Danath shouts for everyone to look away for a second, then throws his rune-stone into the creatures face, channelling energy into it to release a burst of light.  If that fails to completely loosen it's hold, try to get free and out of range of it's limbs.
((I'll give you a chance to carefully reread the enemy's description before doing this...))
My Area

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 21, 2013, 11:33:52 am »

No eyes? Goddamnit..

Grapple away!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 21, 2013, 08:04:12 pm »

((Waiting on Persus.))
My Area

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 22, 2013, 04:53:02 pm »

(Sorry, I was at on a trip with no internet. When things like that happen, I suggest just having their character be inactive in the next turn instead of waiting)

Join the fight. If the fight is over, then build a gate to one of the cave's passages out of the main room.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2013, 05:51:50 pm »

(Sorry, I was at on a trip with no internet. When things like that happen, I suggest just having their character be inactive in the next turn instead of waiting)
((To be honest, I had a lot of RL stuff going on this weekend too, so I took the extra time to get RL stuff done.))

Concentrate on my training. "The heart is always on...The left... and the left body looks less skinned... so maybe a single arrow will penetrate through and tear it's heart." All of this registers in half of a second and the bow comes up and releases with a twang. Basically, shooting towards it's heart is the general idea.
Repeat attack on the other back leg and rip both daggers out of it's legs to distract it from eating it's new chew toy.
Slash at the leg holding Draco.
Keep throwing rocks.
Grapple away!
Look away from the flash and then turn back to swing the halberd's blade into it's mouth. I douth it's armoured.
(4+1 vs 2) Rune quickly draws his bow, aiming at it's heart. Or he thinks it's the heart. An odd argument briefly wages in his mind about the exact location of the heart. He's fairly certain he's always been told it's on the left, but part of him thinks that external physiology suggests it should be more central. Then he looks at the thing in front of him, strange eyeless face and disproportionate limbs. He decides that it's probably not worth too much to consider the exact location of the heart. All of this passes in a brief moment before you release. Your arrow flies true, just the left of it's sternum. It's ribs are widely spaced, and your arrow slips right through. The beast rears back at this and is clearly in it's death throes.
(1) Draco tries to get away from the flailing beast but will be unable to do so without distraction.
(1) Urists rocks miss entirely. He actually hit's Rune, but rocks don't do much anyway.
(2) Tomcost tries slashing the leg holding Draco, but his daggers only find open air
(2) Patrick also left striking open air.
The beast's flailing brings it's gnashing mouth down to Draco's head. All attempts to distract it are utter failures, and Draco seems to be struggling even to orient himself in the mess. Then, suddenly, Scapheap wheels around from looking away from a flash that never came, and drives his halberd straight into the monster's mouth, halting the beast immediately above Draco's head. The combination of the wound in some undoubtably important organ in the left of it's chest cavity and the mantis claw protruding from the back of it's skull bring it's throes to an end, and it slumps forward onto Draco. It looks like the band of survivors has another corpse to fight over. (6-1) Scapheap gains trait Polearm-Novice (No penalty from lack of room, only a negation of bonuses) and is now attached to Mantis Halberd (Can name, will be hard to get rid of)

Join the fight. If the fight is over, then build a gate to one of the cave's passages out of the main room.
(3) You craft a shoddy door out of driftwood and vines, which leans against the left passage, using up all of the remaining wood and vines.

(Also, I haven't kept track closely, but I think Rune is out of arrows. I'll keep track from this point forward.)
Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 07:23:48 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2013, 05:54:33 pm »

Salvage the beasts mandibles and claws as well as it's internal organs. Focus on it and don't look up. Keep my ears open so if someone moves towards me I can trip them over.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 09:12:30 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35