Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44170 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Cave Mantis is dead but Rune is tantruming [In Progress]
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2013, 03:35:54 pm »

Refill the water buckets form the atrium pool.

Persus, I wanna say I'll help you fix that crucifix when I come back up. But I'll probably die first. And If I don't die, I'm gonna mess it up so bad I'd light it on fire. Again. So I'll try to... Not help?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2013, 12:11:45 am »

"Hey, we need some help at the hole.  Something is trying to break through!"

If someone comes to help, throw them the halberd, and draw my knife ready to attack whatever comes through.  If no one comes, grab my polearm and stab down at whatever is trying to get through, through any gaps in the barricade.
go help Danath.

"Yo."

Grab the halberd and be ready.
I'm going

-Grab sharp rocks. Head to the cave. Throw rocks at monsters if necessary.

You take time to prepare, giving yourself a slight upper hand when suddenly the boards break open. A twisted looking creature pulls itself out of the pit. It has four grotesquely long legs with sharp claws on the end stretching out from a grey skinned body that looks almost emaciated. It has no eyes, it's head consisting of a large mouth surrounded by long hair like growths which extend almost to the floor.
(5+1 vs 2),(4 vs 3), (1+1 vs 4) As it pulls itself up you all spring into action. Draco manages to slash at the thing's right front leg, not quite digging into muscle through the thick skin, but leaving an open wound. Scapheap gets a quick jab in with his halberd, barely pricking the skin, but the monster pulls away from that blow quickly, possibly suggesting it's body is thinner skinned than it's limbs. Tomcost manages to hit the beast in the head, but all that does is attract it's attention. It rushes into Tomcost, winding him and leaving him vulnerable. As it barrels past Tomcost it gets into a cluster of stalagmites, offering it a small amount of protection.

Grab one of the hearts, give it half and eat the other half myself then continue thinking of ways to make above mentioned armor.
(5 vs 3) Your show of solidarity with the beast proves convincing. It seems to be taking a genuine liking to you.
(1) You try the tried and true tactic of smashing things together and manage to destroy the remaining carapace.

Look for useful stuff
(4) You find more vines, which your teammates have been using relatively quickly.

Refill the water buckets form the atrium pool.
You do so. Soon you'll find out just how safe that water is.

Throw one torch down the left path, look at it, and if it is safe, go down it. If it looks dangerous, go down the right.
You throw a torch along the left path and see nothing to dissuade your passage, but as you walk along it your torch begins to flicker. You breath a mouth full of smoke in, realizing the smoke from your torch has become trapped in the upper room. There will be no passage up here with torches, not if you want to breath, but it's too dark to get by without them...

Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:13:37 am by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - More cave monsters, but less tantrumming!
« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2013, 12:31:48 am »

Move fairly close then stay in the shadows observing the fight, if it turns it's back on me and it hasn't noticed me then attack it from behind, aim to slice it's rear leg muscles with a finesse attack then get out of the way.

Look for weak points while studying it.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2013, 01:04:41 am »

Poke it in the body till dead.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2013, 04:46:21 am »

I have no choice but to head back up.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2013, 07:27:52 am »

((Somebody please empty the cave water barrel and fill it with normal water))

Get up, wait until it leaves the stalagmites, throw more rocks. If it gets close just attempt to cut a leg

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2013, 08:40:54 am »

((You're actually heading down. The path you took went up in this whole mountain cave system thing))

The path feels like it is winding upwards slightly. You come to a fork in it, with one path to the left and one to the right. With only the light of the torches, they are indistinguishable.
My Area

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 20, 2013, 09:32:32 am »

When I see an opportunity, lunge at it and stab it in the chest.  Also, if Rune gets back, give him the rune-stone.  Tell him it should be safe on low power.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 20, 2013, 02:05:30 pm »

Okay, I guess I'm going back. My character will look at the demon thing and go "Wut?"

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 20, 2013, 02:40:40 pm »

((So, I've decided this whole cave system thing will make more sense with a picture, but I'm an awful artist. I can give it a shot, it may help orient yourself at least a bit, or someone more capable could maybe do it?))
My Area

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 20, 2013, 02:46:06 pm »

((I can try, just send me a PM with the appearances of the cave when you want it drawn. I'll link you to the Photoshop when I'm done))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2013, 03:26:17 pm »

Fill up second bucket from stream
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 20, 2013, 07:55:58 pm »

Move fairly close then stay in the shadows observing the fight, if it turns it's back on me and it hasn't noticed me then attack it from behind, aim to slice it's rear leg muscles with a finesse attack then get out of the way.

Look for weak points while studying it.

Poke it in the body till dead.
Get up, wait until it leaves the stalagmites, throw more rocks. If it gets close just attempt to cut a leg
When I see an opportunity, lunge at it and stab it in the chest.  Also, if Rune gets back, give him the rune-stone.  Tell him it should be safe on low power.
Throw rocks at it
Patrick quickly positions himself out of reach behind a stalactite waiting for a chance to strike. While doing so he notice that the skin on the beasts body does look much less leathery than the skin on it's legs, though still quite thick. (4) He also notices that the ribs are spaced fairly widely apart.
While the others wait for an opportunity Scapheap attacks. (5-1 vs 3) His polearm, while not terribly effective in this scenario, still has enough length on it for him to stab at the beast safely. He tries going for a hit on the body, but can't control the unwieldy weapon quite well enough, only striking the beast in the shoulder. The thing retaliates, reaching it's long clawed legs out, but the reach of the halberd forces the beast to come forward out of it's mild cover in order for it to pursue Scapheap.
This is the distraction the others were waiting for.
(5 vs 1) Patrick sees the beast extend it's long legs to reach at Scapheap and slashes out with his dagger. His dagger is left embedded in the beasts tough leg, but the things movements afterwards reflect that it can no longer put any weight on that leg. It is undeniably crippled.
(5 vs 4) Adding to the chaos of the situation, Tomcost pelts it with rocks. A few hit their target but do minimal damage.
(1 vs 2) Urist attempts to join Tomcost but just ends up dropping all of his rocks. The beast probably had an opportunity in this, but was thankfully unaware of the situation.
(4 vs 5) Draco thinks he has the distraction he needs from Tomcosts rocks, and rushes in to stab the beast. It feels him coming though, and lashes out with a long front leg, pinning Draco to the ground beneath it. Draco will have to grapple to get out from under the beast, or he will be vulnerable to is vicious mouth.

You hear a commotion and rush down to where the mantis had been. You see a strange and gangly beast pinning Draco down. Draco says "It should be safe if you don't commit too much power to it." You aren't sure what this means, but you think dealing with the strange beast probably has priority over deciphering his words.

Fill up second bucket from stream
You get fresh water for your party.

((Image coming very soon))
Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
My Area

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 20, 2013, 08:04:34 pm »

Concentrate on my training. "The heart is always on...The left... and the left body looks less skinned... so maybe a single arrow will penetrate through and tear it's heart." All of this registers in half of a second and the bow comes up and releases with a twang. Basically, shooting towards it's heart is the general idea.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35