Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44167 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Cave Mantis is dead but Rune is tantruming [In Progress]
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2013, 07:59:38 pm »

(( I have no god. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2013, 08:09:36 pm »

A little bit of backstory here. When Rune's ship was destroyed, he was praying to Persus's god. Then the ship exploded. His family was probably dead. So yeah. He HATES that god.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2013, 09:06:32 pm »

Next action:

Grab sharp rocks. Craft stone axe.

((Umm, Rune, you could have told us that backstory of yours, I'm fine about roleplaying, but choosing the super traumatized guy who has a reason to go against most of the group's goals maybe was too much))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2013, 12:15:28 am »

((Umm, Rune, you could have told us that backstory of yours, I'm fine about roleplaying, but choosing the super traumatized guy who has a reason to go against most of the group's goals maybe was too much))
((I'm gonna stay out of all of this for as long as I can, but bear in mind I'm more keen on running an RtD with 6 people in it than one with only one person in it. Not saying I'll do anything until it's absolutely necessary, but if those are the options given to me by people's actions I want you to know where I stand on it.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2013, 04:43:29 am »

(BTW, I'm assuming everyone else are mild followers of my god other than Rune)
Mine's a non-hollywood atheist, E.G. doesn't have a trauma or goes around raging at those who do worship. If you want a reason, he hasn't come across a religion that make any sense(which is my reason for my atheism.)

hobbles out to get leaves to use as bandages.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2013, 05:00:54 am »

Use the other mantis forearm to make a weapon more suited to indoor combat.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2013, 09:38:48 am »

"Sorry, Persus, but we gotta do what we gotta do to survive" Light two sticks on fire using the fire, and descend deeper into the cave with my torch. Give the second one to whoever is stupid kind enough to follow me
It appears you find no one to follow you, so you set off alone down the central path. None of the luminescent plants from before are here, so it's fortunate you took your torches. They have apparently been replaced by mushrooms along the floor, some of which you necessarily crush as you forge ahead. The path feels like it is winding upwards slightly. You come to a fork in it, with one path to the left and one to the right. With only the light of the torches, they are indistinguishable.

Give him some water then clean his head wound out. (( I did smash him on the head with a dagger, thats gotta hurt a bit. Try to identify if the mantis pieces are edible or not. ))

(Use the Mantis back to fashion greaves, leg plates, shin plates, chest plate and back plate. (( Basically make a set of armour somehow. ))
You give him a sip of water, and then try to clean the small cut in his head. (5 vs 5) He shies back from your attempts to touch his cut, but does not react violently.
You attempt to make armor, before realizing that you don't actually have anything left to bind anything with (3) and you simply aren't creative enough at the moment to overcome that obstacle.

Use rocks to make axes
(1) You sit there hitting rocks against each other. This doesn't make any axes. Who would have thought that wouldn't work?

"If only my theology degree had covered whether or not burning crucifixes to cook food when you're shipwrecked was acceptable" Turn to my hand holy book and search for clarification on the matter. If none found, pray to my god for guidance. If Rune's action is okay, make crucifix out of driftwood and seaweed, and carve sun symbols into the wall.
You search through your holy book and don't find anything about crucifix burning in particular. You assume it's probably frowned upon, but while you search your book you notice it says that retaliation is frowned upon, so you guess even if what Rune did isn't okay, you have to treat him as if he did nothing wrong. You gather (6) more than enough driftwood and seaweed, producing a cross that is not elegant exactly, but it will do. Your attempts at carving sun symbols (1) do not go so well. You mostly just make a bunch of squiggles in the walls.

Grab sharp rocks. Craft stone axe.
(2) You notice Urist banging rocks against rocks, and think that's a silly way to go about making an axe, so you bang rocks against wood. It's undeniable that your getting closer, but you still do not end up with an axe.

hobbles out to get leaves to use as bandages.
(5) You find a large waxy leaf and bind your foot in it, holding the poultice to it.

Use the other mantis forearm to make a weapon more suited to indoor combat.
(1) You smash it to pieces in your attempt. No more mantis weapons now.

(5) You can hear something clawing away at the boards over the pit, and your certain your makeshift barricade won't last long.

Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2013, 09:48:03 am »

"Hey, we need some help at the hole.  Something is trying to break through!"

If someone comes to help, throw them the halberd, and draw my knife ready to attack whatever comes through.  If no one comes, grab my polearm and stab down at whatever is trying to get through, through any gaps in the barricade.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2013, 10:05:30 am »

go help Danath.

"Yo."

Grab the halberd and be ready.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2013, 10:06:55 am »

I'm going

-Grab sharp rocks. Head to the cave. Throw rocks at monsters if necessary.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2013, 10:54:05 am »

((Just a quick note to those who aren't currently guarding the hole, our freshwater supply is about to run out.  We're going to need one or two people to go get some more, unless someone wants to try and drink the water in the cave of course.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2013, 11:14:18 am »

Grab one of the hearts, give it half and eat the other half myself then continue thinking of ways to make above mentioned armor.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2013, 02:34:51 pm »

Throw one torch down the left path, look at it, and if it is safe, go down it. If it looks dangerous, go down the right.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2013, 03:29:39 pm »

Refill the water buckets form the atrium pool.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35