Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44158 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Cave Mantis is dead but Rune is tantruming [In Progress]
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2013, 04:03:29 pm »

Prevent people from using my crucifix.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:13:04 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2013, 04:05:20 pm »

You're sorta KO and UNBOLDED D:
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2013, 04:14:01 pm »

Oh really, where does it say that?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2013, 04:15:00 pm »

(( Anyone else think we should murder the insane hunter before he gets us all killed?

You got a 4 btw and he isn't out cold. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 18, 2013, 04:15:50 pm »

[4] You do bonk him hard on the head. Despite this being your goal, it doesn't really alter your situation in any way. At some point you'll probably look back and wonder why this was the right thing to do right now. For now, however, you are content you made the right choice... Somehow...

Hard on the head means X_X
                                  ||
                                   _

(( Anyone else think we should murder the insane hunter before he gets us all killed?

I do! You're the insane hunter, right?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 18, 2013, 04:16:57 pm »

(( It doesn't say anything about being out cold, he might have a headache but 1 blow with a fist to the top of the head ain't gonna knock somebody out. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 18, 2013, 04:19:21 pm »

(( It doesn't say anything about being out cold, he might have a headache but 1 blow with a fist to the top of the head ain't gonna knock somebody out. ))
Point

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 18, 2013, 04:21:46 pm »

[4] You do bonk him hard on the head. Despite this being your goal, it doesn't really alter your situation in any way. At some point you'll probably look back and wonder why this was the right thing to do right now. For now, however, you are content you made the right choice... Somehow...

Hard on the head means X_X
                                  ||
                                   _

it doesn't really alter your situation in any way.
That = Not knocked out.

Kill him! He's only a minor heretic! And he's only an atheist, not some follower of a fake sun-god. If he starts attempting to kill me, then we can burn him with the sun's rays, but not until then!
Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 18, 2013, 04:25:27 pm »

(( True, something to keep in mind with the guy trying to bring huge man eating animals into our home as pet. At least I picked something easy to contain. ))
Caine's law.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2013, 04:35:55 pm »

Alright, time to think logic. When I do forum games, I think what real life would be like. Chances are, Rune had a family (Which he did) that he lost (Which he did) When whatever happened. So he's going a slight bit insane. Whenever he tries to think straight, images of his son and daughter and wife sear into his vision and drive him insane, eyes full of tears. So he needs something to care for, something big, to remind him he can still help living things in the world. Alright, logic time over, back to doing things that people that play DF do.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 18, 2013, 06:09:37 pm »

Fix the bandage then butcher the Mantis. wake Waldo then give him some food and water. Try to tame him.
(5) You cut the mantis up into smaller pieces, but don't find anything quite like meat on him. You're not sure if you should consider it to be food...
(4) You tie your bandage a little tighter. Quite frankly you aren't sure why you struggled so much with such a simple task to begin with, but it's fixed now.
You find Waldo already awake and throw him one of the organs you obtained earlier. He responds (4 vs 4 - 1 (his willpower is quite low)) by eating the organ meat, but not taking his eyes off of you the entire time. It's clear he's far from happy with his situation, but as he finishes he only struggles against his bonds briefly.

Cut off one of the forearms, and try to fashion it into a blade (attach a wooden handle with some vines etc.
(6) You craft a masterful polearm out of the mantis forearm. It's probably too long to use in a cave, but it is a fearsome weapon nonetheless. (Gained Mantis Polearm - +1 against animals, -1 (and negating other bonus) in restrained locations.

Wash my foot in a pool here then ask someone to get some leaves to replace my bandages.
(? vs ?) You rinse your foot off in the pool of water. The wound looks mostly clean, but you won't know if an infection will set in yet.

Grab a stone and the bowl I carved and mash the medicinal herbs, then pour water (basically, follow the recipe), then apply them to whoever needs them.
(4) You successful create a poultice which you promptly apply to scapheap's foot and Patrick's arm. You used only half of what you had, keeping two portions aside.

Look for anything useful.
(3) You find a whole bunch of small sharp rocks. These are potentially useful, you just aren't sure how yet.

Rune looked around the cave. He wanted to start a fire. "Nothing flammable her... Hmmm... That looks like it'd burn nicely" He walks towards the section where persus lays, sleeping and....Take down the wooden crucifix, use my bow as a firemaking bow, and set it ablaze. "TIME TO COOK THAT MEAT" (PS, this will be outside.)
(1 vs 6) Rune tears the crucifix away from Persus, runs outside, and promptly lights it on fire. At least your meat is cooked now!

((I'll finish the status portions and everything in a little bit. I know you guys were getting antsy for an update.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 18, 2013, 06:19:36 pm »

"Sorry, Persus, but we gotta do what we gotta do to survive" Light two sticks on fire using the fire, and descend deeper into the cave with my torch. Give the second one to whoever is stupid kind enough to follow me

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 18, 2013, 06:21:12 pm »

Give him some water then clean his head wound out. (( I did smash him on the head with a dagger, thats gotta hurt a bit. Try to identify if the mantis pieces are edible or not. ))

(Use the Mantis back to fashion greaves, leg plates, shin plates, chest plate and back plate. (( Basically make a set of armour somehow. ))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 08:37:43 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 18, 2013, 07:53:47 pm »

"If only my theology degree had covered whether or not burning crucifixes to cook food when you're shipwrecked was acceptable" Turn to my hand holy book and search for clarification on the matter. If none found, pray to my god for guidance. If Rune's action is okay, make crucifix out of driftwood and seaweed, and carve sun symbols into the wall.

(BTW, I'm assuming everyone else are mild followers of my god other than Rune)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35