Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44094 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Cave Mantis is dead but Rune is tantruming [In Progress]
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2013, 05:42:43 pm »

I have a feeling that one of us will be needing those medicinal plants soon... And I don't wanna kill persus13 :/ So I'm just gonna Bonk him hard on the head
In this case dope slap
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2013, 05:46:47 pm »

Harvey moves towards the water barrel keeping the mad man with a bow in sight ready to dodge if needed, carry Waldo with me and splash some water on his face to wake him.

Wash my wound with water then bandage it with a strip of my shirt, also washed. If he tries to bonk me then hit him in the gut. Hard but only with my fist.

" I ain't saying a thing, we couldn't afford to keep that thing around it's to big to restrain and we don't have enough food to feed it. Unlike Waldo who will eat the meat that we can't and the organs so is easier to feed. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2013, 05:48:00 pm »

((All this fighting is great, but if you could make sure to strike and unbold actions you no longer want to take it'll make my job much easier. Thank you much :) ))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2013, 05:50:06 pm »

Danath shuddered as the chill came over him.  He felt.... different, but he couldn't tell how.  'this magic is more dangerous than I thought..' he mused.

Experiment with my new-found trait by placing my hand on Rune, then trying to spread cold through him from my hand.  Then retrieve my rune-stone from the floor.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2013, 05:51:20 pm »

I'm not even gonna TOUCH magic with my minus 6 on intuition/magic thing
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2013, 05:54:27 pm »

So, a 6 is a magic mutation. I wonder what a 1 would be.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2013, 06:01:08 pm »

((? not sure what you mean with six. He got a mutation because he rolled a two for getting magic out of his body/resisting it's effects on him.))
My Area

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2013, 06:06:24 pm »

((? not sure what you mean with six. He got a mutation because he rolled a two for getting magic out of his body/resisting it's effects on him.))
((I thought that the mutation was because of a six on the stone carving))

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2013, 06:17:25 pm »

((Just wondering ,will I still have to worry about getting mutations using small magics? e.g. using the stone as a small light source instead of a blinding flash.))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2013, 07:41:12 pm »

((Just wondering ,will I still have to worry about getting mutations using small magics? e.g. using the stone as a small light source instead of a blinding flash.))
((I haven't decided entirely how to deal with small magics yet. Either they won't have an effect, or they will have a cumulative effect, making you spend a turn meditating or something every 3rd time you use a small magic, or you risk mutation. I'm leaning towards cumulative, but I'm open to suggestions.))

((I thought that the mutation was because of a six on the stone carving))
((It happened the turn after that. The carving was just to create what he would use for magic. Which wasn't necessarily destroyed...))
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 07:44:56 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2013, 10:10:14 am »

((I'm busy from now until 11 at night, but once I get back I'll write an update and post it so Rune can continue with his regularly scheduled mayhem.))
My Area

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Found food... and a Giant Cave Mantis [In Progress]
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2013, 12:49:46 am »

Turn 10

Find a place to set up a chapel.
You decide that the room where the mantis just died is good enough for a chapel. It isn't a central path, so it won't be disturbing anyone, and it has a certain ambiance about it. You promptly prop up your crucifix against a stalagmite. It's far from done, but it's a good start.

Get the hell away from those who are fighting. Look for medicinal plants and carry them to our base. If possible, also carry planks of wood to block that hellhole that we recently discovered.
(3+1) You find a small cluster of herbs that you could make a poultice out of easily. All you need now is to crush them and mix them with water, and you should be able to prevent infection and speed recovery of your friends. You only found enough to make a small amount of the poultice, but it will be enough for the two current injuries.
Before you make a poultice however you set the herbs down and carry some wood down to the hole that was recently discovered. (1) You manage to drop a particularly good looking board down the hole. You hear the sounds of something clicking against stone. It wasn't your board...

I have a feeling that one of us will be needing those medicinal plants soon... And I don't wanna kill persus13 :/ So I'm just gonna Bonk him hard on the head
[4] You do bonk him hard on the head. Despite this being your goal, it doesn't really alter your situation in any way. At some point you'll probably look back and wonder why this was the right thing to do right now. For now, however, you are content you made the right choice... Somehow...

In this case dope slap
(3) You do dope slap him, though not as hard as you had hoped you would. You are overcome with a sense of paternal instinct, wanting to both protect and guide Rune. You also feel a strange need to hide this side of you from him, lest he get a big head about it. All this passes fairly quickly though.

Harvey moves towards the water barrel keeping the mad man with a bow in sight ready to dodge if needed, carry Waldo with me and splash some water on his face to wake him.

Wash my wound with water then bandage it with a strip of my shirt, also washed. If he tries to bonk me then hit him in the gut. Hard but only with my fist.
You rinse out the wound and fashion a (2) rather makeshift bandage out of your shirt. The bandage will stay on for now, but with any exertion may fall off. That seems to be good enough for now though. After all, it's only a minor flesh wound.

Danath shuddered as the chill came over him.  He felt.... different, but he couldn't tell how.  'this magic is more dangerous than I thought..' he mused.

Experiment with my new-found trait by placing my hand on Rune, then trying to spread cold through him from my hand.  Then retrieve my rune-stone from the floor.
You try to activate whatever change took place in you, but decide it probably doesn't work like that. It feels like it's somehow just a change of the nature of your body, rather than a something you can will to happen. You then ponder how it's funny how a person can have insights about themselves without being able to decided exactly how they know it. All the while you hand is on Rune's back. You realize this, and you part with him with an awkward look.
(5) You do, however, find your rune-stone quite lying nearby. All in all it didn't turn out too poorly.

Keep keep gathering food
(5) You find more of the same kind of tree nearby. (+5 food)

[2] Nothing comes out of the strange pit yet, but you aren't so sure something won't.

Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
My Area

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2013, 01:46:42 am »

Fix the bandage then butcher the Mantis. wake Waldo then give him some food and water. Try to tame him.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2013, 03:41:11 am »

Wash my foot in a pool here then ask someone to get some leaves to replace my bandages.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2013, 05:54:41 am »

After retrieving the runestone, Danath decides to examine the mantis corpse.  Whilst examining it, he comes to the conclusion that the forearms could make a decent weapon, if modified properly. 

Cut off one of the forearms, and try to fashion it into a blade (attach a wooden handle with some vines etc.

((Also, maybe putting that crucifix over the hole might work.  Also, anyone fancy being on guard duty next to it?))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35