Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44086 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Found food... and a Giant Cave Mantis [In Progress]
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2013, 03:10:31 am »

While in cover, tear a strip of my clothes off to bandaged my foot.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2013, 06:43:20 am »

Fine
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 08:04:15 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2013, 07:52:48 am »

Get past the mad man, slit the mantis throat.

We can not train that thing it's bigger then we are. Stop being stupid.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2013, 08:05:09 am »

We can not train that thing it's bigger then we are. Stop being stupid.

Bad you. Restrain patrick, he will just get the mantis killed. I have a soft spot for crippled animals. "NO ONE TOUCH THE DAMN MANTIS. ALSO, PREACHER DUDE, WHAT THE HELL POSSESSED YOU THERE?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2013, 08:45:35 am »

Looks like you have everything under control here

Go outside, look for food

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2013, 03:21:43 pm »

Search my book for my god's commandments on Stone Mantises.

"My god gives me power when I call upon him. Something a man like yourself won't understand."
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2013, 03:28:31 pm »

"If you mention that obviously fake crap once again I will shoot you in the face. See what your god does to protect you THEN."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2013, 04:59:35 pm »

Turn 9

Bad you. Restrain patrick, he will just get the mantis killed. I have a soft spot for crippled animals. "NO ONE TOUCH THE DAMN MANTIS. ALSO, PREACHER DUDE, WHAT THE HELL POSSESSED YOU THERE?"
[2 vs 4] You try holding Patrick back, but he easily slips through your arms and gets to the other side of the mantis, preventing you from effecting his actions.

Grab rocks off of the floor and throw them at the mantis.
(5) You find quite a few rocks that are of an easily throw-able size and begin pelting the mantis with them. They are clearly not hurting it, but it appears to be distracted.

(5 vs 6-1) The distracted and crippled mantis proves to be an easy target despite it's flailing. You time your assault perfectly and between it's arms to slit it's throat. You see the weak spot at the base of it's head and slip your dagger in there, successfully killing the beast. That doesn't stop the flailing though, and one blade manages cut open your right arm before the beast finally settles into it's death.

While in cover, tear a strip of my clothes off to bandaged my foot.
(6) You find a suitable strip of cloth on your pants and tear it off. You bind up your foot tightly. You feel you could limp around somewhat effectively, but you are not going to be moving especially effectively for a while.

Keep gathering food
(4) You find a tree with dangling red and white flowers which are stiff in their form. You recognize them as edible and gather as many as you see on the tree. (+5 food)

Go outside, look for food
(6) You're on your way out of the cave when you notice a species of edible mushroom growing near the opposite path in your cave's atrium. Since the path is unexplored you don't rush down it, but you collect the nearby mushrooms. You think you can see more growing further down the path. (+3 food)

Search my book for my god's commandments on Stone Mantises.

"My god gives me power when I call upon him. Something a man like yourself won't understand."
You find nothing in your book on cave mantises, but in retrospect you are not surprised. Worship of your god originated in your land after all, so it would seem odd if he had any comments on a species native to a different land. You do find something about eating insects being detestable, but you figure that's probably more due to the frequency with which they are inedible rather than any preference on your god's part.

In the moments after the mantis' death your small group finds itself catching it's breath next to it's corpse. Harsh looks and words are being exchanged, mostly between Rune and some of the others, but overall there is a sense of some accomplishment in the group. It was a large beast inhabiting what you were trying to make into your home, and you managed to fell it while sustaining only two injuries. Patrick's arm and Scapheap's foot will need looking after soon, both to prevent infection and to get two of your members combat ready in the event that more danger arises. But all of that is far from your minds as you all look around the area you are in. The teeth like stalactites and stalagmites are all dimly lit by small growths of vines, creating a very beautiful atmosphere. You cannot see another exit except the way you came, until you see a hole about twice as big in diameter compared to a mans shoulder in the floor in a corner of the room. Looking up into it you realize that the glowing plants from elsewhere are absent in this hole. You can tell it descends some ways, as the only bits of light glinting up at you are from the sides, but other than that cannot make out any features of this passage.

As you are all looking down this hole Draco suddenly sits down from an uncomfortable sense of disorientation. He gets a strange shiver through his body and realizes he feels slightly different, somehow colder, but can't tell precisely what it is. (Mutation developed due to magic, effect yet to be discovered.)

While all this is going on you hear a whining come from the atrium.

Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:45:36 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2013, 05:07:36 pm »

Bad patrick. Punch patrick in the head in an attempt to knock him out. Then Tell the preacher. "Look, I don't believe in what you believe in. But if it's real, call upon your god to heal this poor creature." *Gestures to the mantis*
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:49:14 pm by Coolrune206 »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2013, 05:20:06 pm »

"The Mantis is dead, and my god doesn't look kindly on those who seek to use his powers for their own selfish gain."

Find a place to set up a chapel.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2013, 05:20:43 pm »

"Okay, that's it." Changing my action to shooting that damn idiot in the back.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:49:22 pm by Coolrune206 »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Cave Mantis is dead but Rune is tantruming [In Progress]
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2013, 05:33:39 pm »

Get the hell away from those who are fighting. Look for medicinal plants and carry them to our base. If possible, also carry planks of wood to block that hellhole that we recently discovered.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2013, 05:40:05 pm »

"Okay, that's it." Changing my action to shooting that damn idiot in the back.
Catch the arrow, then snap it one handed. You know the way.
"Shut it before I dunk both your heads in the water. Also no one murder, we have a limited amount of manpower."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:53:19 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Cave Mantis is dead but Rune is tantruming [In Progress]
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2013, 05:40:13 pm »

I have a feeling that one of us will be needing those medicinal plants soon... And I don't wanna kill persus13 :/ So I'm just gonna Bonk him hard on the head
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35