Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44019 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive, Looking for Food [new additions go to waitlist]
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2013, 03:23:45 am »

Call out at the exit to the rest about the cave."

"Hey! I need some warm bodies to explore this cave! It might be a good base!"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2013, 04:20:33 am »

Wash my back in the stream I found earlier, then take my vines to the cave everyone is talking about, and dump them outside before heading in with the others.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2013, 06:24:28 am »

Attack the last wolf with my knives, disable it but don't kill it or do permanent damage.

(( I want this one alive, wolves are great hunters if I can tame it then it'll be useful. What about my leaf cup? I can carry water in that can't I?

Is that +1 -1 permanent? If it is then sweet that gives me +2 now.  ))
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:57:47 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2013, 02:52:55 pm »

Take my wood and go to the cavve. Gather food along the way.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2013, 06:57:53 pm »

Turn 5

Fling the arrow at the nearest wolf, and then finish it off.
(2 vs 5) Your flung arrow does nothing to distract the wolf...
(1+1 vs 2) But you manage to get up to it quickly anyway. A brief struggle ensues, in which it manages to get a hold of your arm, and you it's neck. You do manage to overwhelm it, bashing it's head into the ground and killing it, but not before it's teeth leave gashes in your left arm.

Go outside and grab some wood from the wreckage. Craft a bowl
You go out to the large pile of wood and quickly find a suitable piece. (4) Your small knife works well enough, and the bowl is far from beautiful but nonetheless you did successfully form a bowl.

Call out at the exit to the rest about the cave."

"Hey! I need some warm bodies to explore this cave! It might be a good base!"
You shout out and wait for friends before venturing deeper. This cave may be well lit, but that does little to assuage your concerns about it's inhabitants.

Look for a dark place so I can follow my god's commands.
You're pondering the possible meanings of your god's command when you suddenly hear a shout from one of your allies about a cave. Caves are dark, right? You promptly go to him.

Wash my back in the stream I found earlier, then take my vines to the cave everyone is talking about, and dump them outside before heading in with the others.
You find the stream quickly enough and wash your back of gingerly. The cool water feels good on your skin, but the blisters are not going to be simply washed away. After your brief bath you join up with the others in the cave.

Attack the last wolf with my knives, disable it but don't kill it or do permanent damage.

(( I want this one alive, wolves are great hunters if I can tame it then it'll be useful. What about my leaf cup? I can carry water in that can't I?

Is that +1 -1 permanent? If it is then sweet that gives me +2 now.  ))
(6 +2 vs 3) That wolf didn't know what was coming. Even though you were standing right in front of it, you manage to dash up to it without it reacting, and hit it on the head with the butt of your daggers. It drops like a bag of sand, but as you check it's pulse you find you managed to attain your goal of keeping it alive. It should be knocked out for a while, but soon you'll need to find a way to restrain it without constantly braining it with your daggers.
((The +1 was only for the remainder of the combat, your confidence level is reset as it were every time you fight a new opponent, or group of them.))

Take my wood and go to the cavve. Gather food along the way.
You take your huge pile of wood and set off towards the cave. On the way...
(2) you fail to find anything you recognize as edible, but you do arrive to find much of your small group inside what can only called the atrium of the cave.

Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2013, 07:04:19 pm »

Butcher the wolf corpses.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:05:50 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2013, 07:09:29 pm »

Go out of the cave, look for a barrel where water can be stored.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2013, 07:27:42 pm »

Cut some non homocidal vines fto bind it's legs then butcher one of the corpses and keep the meat then head for the cave with my pet.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2013, 08:02:22 pm »

Get driftwood and fortify entrance to cave.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2013, 02:36:03 am »

Set up a couple of snare traps with the vines nearby, then start building a fire at the cave entrance.  If people decide to explore deeper, follow them instead.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2013, 02:47:31 am »

Pick the right most path in the cave, caving a line so the others know which way I went.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2013, 10:56:36 am »

Butcher the wolf corpses.
Patrick Hunt loans you a knife so you can attempt the task.
(5,1,2,4,2 +1) Of the five animals you brought down, you a manage to get the meat from 4, the pelts from 2, and one of those two pelts is of a superb quality. (+5 food per, total +20 once cooked...)

Go out of the cave, look for a barrel where water can be stored.
You find the barrel Persus found earlier and in addition...
(3) Manage to find another barrel, though this one is full of saltwater from the wreck, and will need to be refilled.

Cut some non homocidal vines fto bind it's legs then butcher one of the corpses and keep the meat then head for the cave with my pet.
(4) You do manage to find some entirely ordinary vines nearby. Congratulations!
(5) You manage to tie a sturdy knot. There is no chance your pet will escape, barring any changes in your situation.
(2) You take the corpse that Rune failed to butcher and attempt to get some meat off of it. You manage to get a few grisly strips, perhaps fit for your pet's consumption, or a stew, but you could never simply cook it and feed it to a person.

Look for food and resouces
(3) You manage to find a very small pool in the entrance of the cave that may be fresh water. Are you brave enough to check?

Get driftwood and fortify entrance to cave.
(5) You have only the vines that draco brought, but they prove to be enough to bind the driftwood that Urist brought and fashion a door which leans against the entrance of the cave. It's not much, but it will keep small animals out.

Set up a couple of snare traps with the vines nearby, then start building a fire at the cave entrance.  If people decide to explore deeper, follow them instead.
(2) You try taking your hard earned vines to set up snare traps, but you can't find any trees that are flexible enough to serve the purpose.
You follow scapheap cautiously into the cave

Pick the right most path in the cave, caving a line so the others know which way I went.
You walk along the right most path, brandishing a letter opener as your only defense. The path is not as well lit as it was in the first area, likely because these strange plants do not have access to the small pool of water. You can feel the path sloping downwards, but you have a sense of disorientation as you realize you cannot tell just how far down you are going. Eventually the path widens drastically, opening into a room that looks entirely like some beasts maw, as it menaces with stalactites and stalagmites. The lighting here is better, possibly suggesting more water, but your vision is obscured by the large number of formations growing from the ceiling and floor.
(1) You cannot hear anything ahead.

Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2013, 11:38:26 am »

Search out the room with care.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2013, 11:53:35 am »

Action changed.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 05:25:14 pm by draco1234 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35