Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Innkeeper (Back in business!)  (Read 9251 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: Innkeeper
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2013, 04:06:00 pm »

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2013, 05:08:14 pm »

I'm not allowed to use the computer on weekdays, so I'll only be allowed to update the game on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2013, 05:10:13 pm »

K
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Innkeeper (Back in business!)
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2013, 07:39:26 pm »

Day Three

You are dragged into a cart while you frantically think of a reason as to why they would convict you of such a felony. You feel loss and grief over your siblings, and you fear for the others' safety. An hour passes in the dark cart, but it feels like a lifetime to you. The cart continually bumps, so you can't rest. At one point you started vomiting. The cart finally stops, and the doors are opened. The guards take you outside, and you struggle to see where you are. The entire area is covered in fog, and even the Guards have trouble finding their path. A Guard stumbles and trips, cursing the tombstone the tripped him. Tombstone? You realize that you're in the Graveyard!

They take you to a small, yet ornate shack, decorated in Gothic symbols and carved skull effigies. They knock on the door three times, and they fasten your chains to a clip on the door. The Guards leave you, while you struggle to unclip the chains. A few minutes pass when the door slowly opens, and you see the tall, misshapen man from earlier: the Undertaker. Your eyes open wide, you've heard of the sick ways the Undertaker dealt with murderers. You scream and beg and attempt to reason with him, but nothing stops him from raising a vicious curved dagger. You close your eyes as the blade slashes down. Nothing happens, except the sound of the chains breaking.

You open your eyes slowly to see your chains broken and the Undertaker offering a hand. You take it and he picks you up as if you were a feather. He takes you in the shack, which is much, much larger on the inside. He takes you to a table, where you meet another man clad in black. He grins, nodding his hat like the murderer from earlier. You jump back, your eyes furrowing.

"WHY? WHY WOULD YOU MURDER MY FAMILY?!"

The Undertaker puts his hand on your shoulders, and takes your cut hand and heals it. The man stands up, taking his hat off. It's the Captain!

"What? C-Captain? Why? WHY?"

"Please, Terra. Calm down. I'll explain. This was the only way to save you from the Murder Guild and the Guards' chance to stop them once and for all. You see, the real murderer is dead. I got there in time and killed him. It was all thanks to you giving the note to the Undertaker, who warned me at once."

You look to the Undertaker, who nods. "B-but, why did you have to frame me?"

"Because, you need to be taken away from here. Taken to somewhere where the Murder Guild can't send their recruits to. The Underground."

Your eyes open wide in question. "The Underground?"

Spoiler: The Underground (click to show/hide)

The Captain nods. "Terra, I've been your friend for a long time. I don't want you to be killed with your family. Hercules and Artemis told me everything, they're on their way to the City, to e protected by the Vanguard. You however, will help me. I will pose as the Murder Guild initiate and infiltrate the Murder Guild itself. You will do something much more devious.

I need you to start an Inn in the Underground, help thieves and crooks alike to gather as much information on the Guild, and send assassins to take care of important targets. That way, no one will ever have to suffer what you did. Will you help me?"

You struggle to comprehend everything that's going on, and you take a seat to calm down. The Undertaker gives you some tea. The Captain speaks again. "If you do, you'll need an alibi, a reason to be down in the Underground. You'll also need to start in one of the three sections."

Name: [A new name for a new crook]
Backstory: [What compels you to steal/murder/etc.

Section: [The Hoard: THIEVES/The Black Arcanum: SORCERERS/The Grave: ASSASSINS]
Inn Name: [A new inn name. Don't worry, the Captain's got all the expenses covered.]

Workers:
-Minerva [Informant]
[Conversationalist] [Wage: $0] [DEAD]
-Artemis [Scout] [Waitress]
[Scouting] [? Skills] [Wage: $0] [WOUNDED]
-Ulysses [Shopkeeper] [DEAD]
[? Skills] [Wage: $0]
-Hercules [Chef]
[? Skills] [Wage: $0]
-Alexander [Waiter]
[Bardic Skills] [Wage: $0] [DEAD]

Inn:
-x5 Dusty Rooms
[$10/Night]
-x10 Uneven Clean Tables
-x1 Dusty Bar
-x1 Dry Well [x2 Water/Day]
-x1 Slime [x1 Slime/Week]

Supplies:
-x2 Potatoes
-x1 Carrots
-x5 Pork
-x7 Water
-x5 Ale
-x10 Wood
-x1 Map
-x0 Bread

Shop:
-x2 Shoddy Sword
-x2 Rotted Wood Buckler
-x10 Wood Arrows

Earnings:
$41

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2013, 08:55:10 pm »

Name: Lud-Blackheir Davting, Lud for short
Backstory:we slept with the kings wife and now we are here.

Section: The Black arcanium
Inn Name: The Drunken spellbook

open to modification :)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2013, 09:28:31 pm »

Wait, so most of the inn hardware is there?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2013, 10:00:10 pm »

Yup. The Captain covered everything. You'll also have a supplier down there too. You'll need to pay for your own luxuries, however.
Dying of laughter?

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2013, 07:45:21 pm »

Name: Jack "Mercy" Tompsan
Backstory: We killed our father for his inn. But we were caught and thrown down here. But at least they didn't take our inn away.

Section: The Grave (Changed for people who didn't want magic fireball thieves)
Inn Name: The Underground's Mercy
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:54:25 am by Travisplo »
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2013, 06:30:15 am »

Name: Jack "Mercy" Tompsan
Backstory: We killed our father for his inn. But we were caught and thrown down here. But at least they didn't take our inn away.

Section: The Black Arcanium
Inn Name: The Underground's Mercy
Changing my vote to this.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2013, 07:46:15 am »

I'd prefer non-magicians. Magic is great fun when it's crackling at your finger-tips, no doubt, no doubt; but when you're just a muggle surrounded by inexplicable shit and people with powers far beyond your ken, much less so. I prefer mundane thieves. We have thieves as a preferred hero background, and we can fence for them. Other than that, okay.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2013, 07:47:30 am »

I'd prefer non-magicians. Magic is great fun when it's crackling at your finger-tips, no doubt, no doubt; but when you're just a muggle surrounded by inexplicable shit and people with powers far beyond your ken, much less so. I prefer mundane thieves. We have thieves as a preferred hero background, and we can fence for them. Other than that, okay.
+1

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2013, 06:05:55 pm »

+1
+1. We don't need to be the guy Black Mage Hadoken's before the end of the first day.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2013, 03:11:35 pm »

Love your avatar Cheesecake.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2013, 05:11:52 pm »

Thanks!

I'll try to get the turn up during Friday.
Dying of laughter?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2013, 07:51:53 am »

Never mind ,ignore
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7