Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Innkeeper (Back in business!)  (Read 9252 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Innkeeper
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2013, 11:33:07 am »

PTW.........
I swear I was the first to ever use that...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2013, 05:50:34 am »

[Sorry it took so long guys!]
Night Two

You head to the farm down the road. You call out from the gate and you are greeted by a small shepherd boy, who leads you inside and takes you down a dirt path to a large cottage. He tells you to wait outside the door for a while as he goes in. You wait outside for a few minutes, the sun setting over the hills. The door opens and you see the boy from earlier pushing an elderly man in a wheelchair. He is wearing fancy robes, glasses, with a pipe in his mouth smoking tobacco. Something tells you he isn't from the country. His face tells you he isn't pleased at being annoyed this late at night.

"How can I help you?"

"Hi. I'm Terra, I run the Tree Meld. I'm here to discuss the order list."

"Ah, Urn's son." He eyes you, scanning your body from head to toe. He scoffs.

"Alright, boy, get in."

He takes you to a table and you start discussing the deliveries. You change it to: 4 Bread, 3 Potatoes, and 3 Carrots and 10 Ale. He signs the agreement and gives you the document to scan over.

"Alright? It's free, according to," he shudders, "the Archguild. The bastards are bleeding us dry for their Heroes!"

You take the paper and take leave, thanking the shepherd from earlier and leaving the farm. You can faintly hear the man ramble on and on about the Archguild spending the lands resources on Heroes. You decide to head back to the inn. You finally make it back after a long walk, and you feel relieved now that you are back in your element. You have a brilliant stroke of inspiration of how to skyrocket your business, using techniques from the School Guilds back in the city.

You gather your siblings and discuss your new ideas: a new anthem, which Alexander volunteers to sing during rush hour. He takes his synth-guitar and begins playing a tune, which surprises you and your siblings. You didn't know he was so good. He rivals even Bards!

"Yeah, I skipped out of work and went to a Bard gathering a few years ago. Been practicing in the attic when all of you were sleeping."

You also talk about other strategies while Alexander continues fine-tuning his synth-guitar to the anthem. You come up with fencing for rogue heroes and more underhanded raidmasters. You also think about bringing in tougher weapons from the city down here to rent them out to the younger adventurers. They ask you how you could get such weapons, and you remember an old "friend" you had in the School Guild. A blacksmith who got most of his stock from dead heroes; many of those heroes he got rid of himself. You decide to change the names of your products.

Names for food:
-Stale Bread $1
-Lukewarm Ale $1.5
-Half-baked Mashed Potato $1.5
-Cold Soup $1.5

Your last idea gives you a bunch of looks from your siblings.

"You want us to feed dead bodies to people?"

"Well, we don't serve live bodies to people, now do we?"

"I mean, what if we get caught?"

You're unsure about the ethical implications of the last one, even though most agree Heroes aren't fully human anymore. You also decide to lower the room rent to $10, since no one really uses it. You finish up discussing, while Alexander ends up with a pretty good song. You head down to close up, but you hear the door bell jingle when you are halfway down the stairs. You call down and say that you're closed, but then you hear a thud and a moan. You hurry down and see a man with a knife in his back, holding a gemscroll. You rush to him, and you check his pulse. He's dead, and you call out to the others to help you. They put him on the table and you read the scroll.

It reads: "YOU'RE DEAD IN 3 DAYS." 

Workers:
-Minerva [Informant]
[Conversationalist] [Wage: $0]
-Artemis [Scout] [Waitress]
[Scouting] [? Skills] [Wage: $0] [WOUNDED]
-Ulysses [Shopkeeper]
[? Skills] [Wage: $0]
-Hercules [Chef]
-Alexander [Waiter]
[Bardic Skills] [Wage: $0]

Inn:
-x5 Dusty Rooms
[$15/Night]
-x10 Uneven Clean Tables
-x1 Dusty Bar
-x1 Dry Well [x2 Water/Day]
-x1 Slime [x1 Slime/Week]

Supplies:
-x2 Potatoes
-x1 Carrots
-x5 Pork
-x7 Water
-x5 Ale
-x10 Wood
-x1 Map
-x0 Bread

Shop:
-x2 Shoddy Sword
-x2 Rotted Wood Buckler
-x10 Wood Arrows

Earnings:
$41
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2013, 07:47:25 am »

I'm against any kind of herophagia. Failed missions will lower how much trust do people have in us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2013, 02:09:21 pm »

We need some fresh bread.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2013, 03:41:10 pm »

well ... we need a forensic ... bring the body to the healer? Get more people involved.

Also: we should have asked what the ale is made from.

offer carrot salad and potato mash?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2013, 04:55:27 pm »

((Forgot to lower room prices to 10$))

Have Alexander preform his music during the night but work normally during the day.

See what it would cost to hire a carpenter to fix the tables. (Under 12$ should be fine. Try to haggle for 6-8)

Try heating soup and selling it Warm. If successful at making warm soup, sell for 2.5$.

Inquire about getting a guard/bouncer for the Inn soon. Offer free food and lodgings as well as 2-3$/day wages.

Drop the selling of human meat, we do not want that kind of Rep to come up.

Try cooking Pork and selling it for 2-3$, depending on the strength buff it most likely gives.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2013, 04:57:06 pm »

((Forgot to lower room prices to 10$))

Have Alexander preform his music during the night but work normally during the day.

See what it would cost to hire a carpenter to fix the tables. (Under 12$ should be fine. Try to haggle for 6-8)

Try heating soup and selling it Warm. If successful at making warm soup, sell for 2.5$.

Inquire about getting a guard/bouncer for the Inn soon. Offer free food and lodgings as well as 2-3$/day wages.

Drop the selling of human meat, we do not want that kind of Rep to come up.

Try cooking Pork and selling it for 2-3$, depending on the strength buff it most likely gives.
Supporting everything, but abstaining to vote in the guard stuff.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2013, 05:25:37 pm »

Maybe make it a job for very bored/poor heroes?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2013, 02:54:50 am »

Day Three

You have the body carried to the yard to be kept for the night until you can take him to the Undertaker [a man who tends the graveyard as well as a detective] the next morning. You tell Alexander to show off his new skills at night, but to work normally in the morning. You ask Hercules to start to warm the soup from now on, but he says that he'll have to use $0.5 a day to buy the extra heat crystals he'll need. You also ask if he could cook the pork, which would be another $1 a day.

You all go to bed and wake up early the next day. You and Hercules bring the corpse to the Undertaker, far from town and below Hoo's rolling hills. The graveyard there is relatively big for such a small town, but you assume that they made space for the Heroes. You call out for him, and you notice the area getting darker and soon a cold hand grasps you on the shoulder. You give a small scream as you turn to face a tall, slender man with a white mask, painted with a cooked smile but lacking eyes. He towers over you and Hercules, and he'd be even taller if he weren't hunching over. His legs bend awkwardly, which you guess is because of the tight black pants he wears. His arms are outstretched and bent, his fingers bending resembling a claw.

"Um, we found a body in the middle of the night. We want you to take a look."

The Undertaker suddenly melts into a shadow and slithers towards the body, enveloping it in black water and soon the body rises in the air, the Undertaker suddenly materializing over the body. It picks it up by the neck, observing it as if it were a child looking at a dead rat. You struggle to look away, but the frightening man strangely compels you to watch. He disappears once more with the body and slithers to an empty hole in the ground, and a tombstone rises above it without anyone moving it. The shadow emerges from the hole again and materializes in front of you. He hands you a note:

CAUSE OF DEATH:
STABBED
CHOKED

CULPRIT:
UNKNOWN MURDER GUILD MEMBER

You look at the Undertaker. "Murder Guild? Here?"

He twists his head to the side and nods. It makes sense now. The note was a Dead Spread: a note given to a random person in which new Murder Guild members must track and kill. After a victim is killed, they wait for a new victim to pick up the note and continue their disgusting hunt. Now you've picked it up. Now you've got three days.

"I need help! Please, call someone. Do something!"

The Undertaker shivers as a form materializes from his side, which turns out to be a shovel. He walks away and begins digging a new hole in the ground.

"Optimistic fellow, isn't he?" Hercules jokes.

"This isn't the time to be making jokes! I've got three days to get help!"

"Alright, alright. We'll head back and talk this over."

You hurry back to the inn, but the door has been broken and the tables overturned. You smell the reek of blood and you burst inside. You find the dead body of Ulysses impaled on the table leg, and Artemis breathing heavily against the wall. You rush to her, and she looks at you with frightened eyes. She tries to speak, but you can barely hear her. You manage to make out the words: "Fa- ki- he", but then she faints. You order Hercules to take Artemis to the healer, while you continue to search the inn for Minerva and Alexander.

"MINERVA! ALEX!"

You rush up the staircase, greeted by a man clad in black holding a curved knife. He grins wickedly, nodding his hat in mock-politeness. You rush after him, but he trips you and slices your hand. You scream as blood pours out, and you hear the man laughing as he rushes to the window. The last thing you see before blacking out is a bullet passing through the murderers head, and he falls to the ground with blood pouring.
--------------------------------------------------------

You wake up. The Guards are in the inn, checking the bodies and putting them under wraps. You are fulled with relief that you are alive, but you find yourself handcuffed to a table. You shake it and start calling for help.

"Um, help! I'm handcuffed!"

"Quiet down, murderer. You're under arrest for the murder of Alexander, Minerva, and Ulysses."

"What? I didn't do it! It was the man in black!"

"That won't work. You're the only one alive. You've been testified against by your brother Hercules. He came to us after he and Artemis escaped from your rampage."

"What's going on? Let me see them! Why is this happening?"

"You will be sent to the Undertaker for punishment. Till then, you will be placed under arrest and kept in the Prison."

"What? Please, someone tell me what's happening!" You look frantically around as the Guards drag you outside into the cart and drive you off. You briefly see the Captain look at you and smile as you head off for jail.

Workers:
-Minerva [Informant]
[Conversationalist] [Wage: $0] [DEAD]
-Artemis [Scout] [Waitress]
[Scouting] [? Skills] [Wage: $0] [WOUNDED]
-Ulysses [Shopkeeper] [DEAD]
-Hercules [Chef]
-Alexander [Waiter]
[Bardic Skills] [Wage: $0] [DEAD]

Inn:
-x5 Dusty Rooms
[$10/Night]
-x10 Uneven Clean Tables
-x1 Dusty Bar
-x1 Dry Well [x2 Water/Day]
-x1 Slime [x1 Slime/Week]

Supplies:
-x2 Potatoes
-x1 Carrots
-x5 Pork
-x7 Water
-x5 Ale
-x10 Wood
-x1 Map
-x0 Bread

Shop:
-x2 Shoddy Sword
-x2 Rotted Wood Buckler
-x10 Wood Arrows

Earnings:
$41

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2013, 05:36:01 am »

Be a prisoner.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2013, 07:19:12 am »

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2013, 11:43:11 am »

Wow. Shit got real fast. Part of our family died? Alexander, our bard?
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2013, 05:07:27 pm »

PTW and perhaps tell them about the body with a bullet and the murder guild. And tell them to ask the undertaker where we were at the time. He can confirm that we were with him just before, and that we couldn't have possibly gotten there that quickly. And ask them why, if we were the murderer, were we knocked out, and everyone else dead? Besides Hercules and Artemis. And how our hand was cut with a curved blade, not one we would own since these knives aren't really the best for silverware!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:17:02 pm by Travisplo »
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2013, 02:11:47 pm »

-bump because i don't want this being forgotten-
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2013, 03:37:39 pm »

-bump because i don't want this being forgotten-
Exactly!
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7