Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Innkeeper (Back in business!)  (Read 9262 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Innkeeper
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 09:55:20 am »

Well, let us send the good las to "The Dark Cave"
Tell her that there are some quite disputed rumours about it, mostly drunkards talk and old-wive-tales. Some of them are actually somewhat worrying should they be true. If Lae would investigate the matter, we would throw in 3 nights of lodging for her.

Stretching the truth? Well, rumours. A~nd we are new in town.
Possibly sending a hero to her death? Not our problem~. Well, maybe.

And the no-fun-option. For tie-breakers.
Give the - however fair she is - lady a quest to bring back 5 Slime Balls for $10 from the Deep Woods.
But do tell her about the possible troll.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 12:59:54 pm »

Maybe give her boots? For easier movement through the swamp\woods
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 01:01:32 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 01:04:33 pm »

PTW.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 02:00:57 pm »

ptw this is going to be good until gervassen comes here
no, I actually think this is a cool thing and am eager to see how it unfolds
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:27:49 pm by FritzPL »

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 03:05:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

+1

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 07:36:05 am »

Day One

You lean in closer to Lae, after serving her a plate of Stale Bread, which she grimaces after eating.

"Well, from what I heard, dark goblins and elves roam there, but I wouldn't count on that; drunk men see strange things, and speak of stranger." you chuckle at your father's old saying, a serene peace passing through your heart as you remember him.

"Tell you what: you go ahead to the Swamp, and ya tell me what ya see. In return, I'll let you stay in our rooms for free! Not a lot of cheap rooms in these parts, and they give you small permanent buffs."

"Or you could go to the Deep Woods; slimes'd be good to practice fighting. Hear they occasionally drop a weapon from old unsuspecting wanderers that got eaten. Some gold too. I'll give ya $10 for bringing me 5 Slime Balls. They'd be mighty useful in repairs and cleaning. Gotta warn ya though. People say that a vicious troll's been spotted."

"The Deep Woods sounds nice. Sure! By the way, do you sell gear here? Wouldn't want ta be eaten by a troll."

You point her over to Ulysses. She heads over and buys a pair of boots for $15 (You can't set the price for mundane gear; only the ones you find or craft.) and begins to head out.

At dusk, Lae returns. She brings her rucksack over to the counter and hands you green balls of slime. You brighten as you notice that a core is intact in one of them, which means it'll slowly grow back into a slime, given time and sunlight. It may get out of control, so you'll have to keep an eye on that.

"Well done Lae! Here's ya gold. Come back anytime now."

She leaves, and the night is quiet. You can now visit the Market District, talk to your siblings, tidy up the inn, or something an innkeeper would do. Artemis will come home in the morning. Also, I'll still use my phone for updates, so I can't go wild with the formatting.

Workers:
-Minerva [Waitress]
[? Skills] [Wage: $0]
-Artemis [Scout] [Waitress]
[Scouting] [? Skills] [Wage: $0]
-Ulysses [Shopkeeper]
-Hercules [Chef]
-Alexander [Informant]

Inn:
-x5 Filthy Rooms
[$10/Night]
-x10 Uneven Tables
-x1 Grimy Bar
-x1 Dry Well [x2 Water/Day]
-x1 Slime [x1 Slime/Week]

Supplies:
-x10 Potatoes
-x10 Carrots
-x5 Pork
-x10 Water
-x10 Ale
-x10 Wood
-x1 Map
-x5 Bread

Shop:
-x2 Shoddy Sword
-x2 Rotted Wood Buckler
-x10 Wood Arrows

Earnings:
$9+$15-$10
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 07:47:15 am »

I say, tidy up the bar. We got those slimes already too, so put them to use.
No, really. A grimy bar is not that good. And filthy rooms neither. But focusing on the bar-room is fine for now.

Else, if we have time inquire into how our silblings fared in their work.
Might want to make changes, depending on their thoughts and abilities.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 07:52:52 am »

+1 to above...

And say our chef to to make a new drink by mixing ale, carrot juice, and a tiny bit of slime for a very special flavor
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2013, 08:00:34 am »

Shouldn't we build a place where our slime can't escape? Or did I understand it wrong?

Begin by cleaning the room where Lae is going to stay

EDIT: crazy idea:

Screw the drinks, freeze slimeballs and make ice cream!

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2013, 02:50:01 pm »

+1 to above...

And say our chef to to make a new drink by mixing ale, carrot juice, and a tiny bit of slime for a very special flavor
+1

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2013, 02:58:32 pm »

+1 to above...

No, really. A grimy bar is not that good. And filthy rooms neither. But focusing on the bar-room is fine for now.

+1 to both
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2013, 04:28:48 pm »

Same as Wer.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2013, 05:06:10 pm »

+1 to above...

+1 to both
+1 yet again!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 05:33:42 am »

Night One

You tell the family to start cleaning the bar and the rooms with the new slime that you've got. With the combined effort of your siblings, you manage to clean the bar and the rooms in only an hour! Lost 2 slime. Hercules also manage to clean most of the glasses as well as cleaning the stove.

With time to spare, you decide to reacquaint yourself with your brothers and sisters. You start by asking Minerva.

"Well, I've always been a gossip, and I'm well acquainted with many townsfolk. I learn a lot of things, from the latest couple to monster weakpoints."

Artemis isn't here, so you ask the next in accordance to age, Ulysses. "Well, you were pretty spot on with givin' me this job. I've been training as a blacksmith, and I can tell fair prices of the blades and armor that drops by here."

Alexander speaks up next. "I don't really know much about the town. I just moved back here about 3 months before you did, to help Da. Might just serve drinks, if it's alright with ya."

Finally, the youngest, Hercules speaks up. "I helped old Farmer the past year, so i know how to butcher animals and prepare dishes, but I'd be fine with anything, really."

You keep that in mind, and you continue on with your chat. You find out that Minerva is engaged and to be wed next month! Unfortunately, Father passed before he could dig up the family treasure, which he kept buried and none of you know where it is hidden.

You call for Hercules to attempt a new drink. You tell him to mix ale, carrot juice, and slime. You wait for the new drink, and soon you hear retching behind the door. Hercules bursts out and calls for a mop. Apparently it didn't work.

You go to bed and the next day comes. The working day will start soon, so you can go to the Farm to discuss terms on food, meet your neighbors or something else.

Workers:
-Minerva [Waitress]
-Artemis [Scout] [Waitress]
[Scouting] [? Skills] [Wage: $0]
-Ulysses [Shopkeeper]
-Hercules [Chef]
-Alexander [Informant]

Inn:
-x5 Dusty Rooms
[$15/Night]
-x10 Uneven Clean Tables
-x1 Dusty Bar
-x1 Dry Well [x2 Water/Day]
-x1 Slime [x1 Slime/Week]

Supplies:
-x10 Potatoes
-x9 Carrots
-x5 Pork
-x10 Water
-x9 Ale
-x10 Wood
-x1 Map
-x5 Bread

Shop:
-x2 Shoddy Sword
-x2 Rotted Wood Buckler
-x10 Wood Arrows

Earnings:
$14
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2013, 06:22:47 am »

Re-assigne Roles:
Waiter - Alexander
Informant - Minerva

We first want to experiment a bit further, before going to the farm. Knowing what we need should be key before we arrange unneccessary stuff.

So, talking to our neighbours is a good idea.

Let's re-aquaint ourselves with the townsfolk. Pretty sure it will come in handy somehow.

Inquire into Minerva's wedding sometime soon.

As in, how much money will be changing the table to her husband. We want that ready by then - she is family afterall.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7