Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Council of the Mountainhomes: The Outpost Liason shall arrive at Bowelpillars in the Late Autumn. What shall we ask of Bowelpillars in the next year?

Build a proper above-ground house(s) upon the Mountain!
- 2 (25%)
Sell Sunshine to the Mountainhomes! (specify quantity in thread)
- 0 (0%)
Begin training siege engineers and operators!
- 4 (50%)
I have another suggestion.... I think it is a better idea! (specify in thread)
- 1 (12.5%)
All of the above!
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Outpost Bowelpillars: Strike the Volcano! (Experimental Game)  (Read 5483 times)

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Bowelpillars: Strike the Volcano! (Experimental Game)
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2013, 07:15:32 pm »

I've got some suggestions to make, but I think I'll put them in the form of a new journal entry for my dorf instead. owo

~*~*~

1st of Limestone, 301

OH BOYS IT'S BEEN OVER A YEAR ALREADY SINCE WE ARRIVED <3
So yeah, I've been really fuckin' busy since Lava wants me to help with the construction of the fortress by making tables and chairs. I don't know why the hell he's not having me build any fuckin' doors since I don't want people to see me with my pants down when I'm sitting on the pot. I'm not the kind of dwarf who sees someone walk by while I'm taking a shit and says, "Hello," before proceeding to wipe himself with his own beard. No, rather I wonder why the fuck I didn't realize there wasn't a god damn door all while I start to shit faster and faster before I go into Maximum QuantumShit mode. sweet fucking armok i need sleep

While I was making all these tables and doors, thoroughly inebriated the whole time (and having a little chat with the Juicy Boys at the same time) I somehow managed to magically puke out a masterwork table. I guess that at this point I'm REALLY getting good at masonry. Before long I'll be the best mason in all of the Dangerous Salve, and all of the filthy plebians that ridiculed me before my childhood will bow at my feet and worship my newly glorified beard.

Meanwhile, the main fortress we were supposed to be working on all along is starting to come together on the other side of the river. Right now we're just staying here on the other side of the river so that we can farm and keep a safe little bunker but in the future the spot we're currently in will only be used for food production and nothing else, connected to the Volcano through a tunnel. I'm really really NOT looking forward to going inside that volcano. I swear, within two weeks Urist is going to just dig right into a magma pool and he's gonna die, then everyone else is gonna die, and I'm still gonna be there inside of the Food Storage area saying "I told you so, asshats." Fucking dwarves.
Said volcano is currently only housing the Trade Depot (which I have yet to finish building), but later on it's going to be where everyone's living, as well as the location which holds all the workshops. That means that even though I planned to stay inside this bunker all the time, I'm probably gonna drown in lava sooner than later. Either that or I'm going to die at the hands of some Goblin babyfondler that I try to fight off, getting brutally slaughtered in the process. (I can't fight for shit, good thing we've got that speardwarf now)

As of late, Lava's management skills have gone further into hell. I don't see why he can't just assign one or two dwarves to clear out the fucking rocks from the wood stockpile. Those things take up a LOT of space, and we really need as much space as possible right now when it comes to wood. I don't see why he can't just fucking build a garbage dump where we all dump the loose stones cluttering the fortress next to my workshop so I can get a steady supply of stones. Of course, he'd have to give me permission to use them first. I can't just grab stones that don't belong to me. (That means build a garbage dump next to my workshop, mark all the stones inside the stockpile for dumping, then reclaim them once they're all inside the garbage dump. Do it m8)

In the meantime, to calm myself down, I've decided to start working on a little song so I can work on my music writing skills. I've supplied the sheet music and lyrics below just so I don't forget. I feel like it's really bad though, so I don't know whether or not it's a good idea to share it with anyone...

The sheet music was intact, and has been transcribed into sound for the musically illiterate below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oXXLMOVYZs

I swear to Armok people are gonna fucking kill me if it ever becomes popular, even I find it slightly annoying.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Bowelpillars: Strike the Volcano! (Experimental Game)
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2013, 04:33:13 pm »

1st Limestone 301: Autumn Convention of the Mountainhomes
Conclusion on Bowelpillars by the Outpost Liason

"Our rangers report that Outpost Bowelpillars, which hath been established at The Brass Wall at the start of the year, now has 13 residents and has carved out a survival fortress, which could be used well in future years. Not much work hath been performede to build a proper entrance to the volcano thus far, but it would appear that works are commencing upon a trading area. Clearly, no metalworking is likely to be attempted this year, but it appears the fortress is going to establish a metalworks in the very near future as intended.

The fortress has not produced enough goods of value to obtain notice by significant threats. No goblin scouts have passed anywhere near the fortress, and neither have any kobolds been sighted in the area. Usually, a fortress needs to obtain a sufficiently large population or amass enough wealth before the activity becomes noticeable.

The convention has been asked to determine an additional mission to be given to the fortress of Bowelpillars. The first possibilities issued were to construct an above-ground house in the human style, either out of stone or brick. The second possibility was to issue an export order for Sunshine, a prized drink that can be produced from the legendary sun berries that grow in the region. The third possibility was to order the construction of siege weaponry and to begin training operators. We requested additional suggestions, and provided a voting option for all of the above.

The single submission, which was received from one of the resident dwarves who established the fortress, is to cast pillars out of obsidian from the lava in the volcano, and water from the nearby stream. These pillars will display the glory of our civilization! As the request is too great for the intentions of the council, it was run past the King who requested it to be a long term project.

We are, otherwise, divided upon the vote between ordering an above-ground house, and ordering the training of siege operators. The vote is divided rather evenly, and after discussion we conclude that we will add to the requests for the next year:

1) To begin training at least 2 dwarves as siege operators.

2) EITHER
a) Construct at least one above-ground house containing at least a well, office, dining room, store-room, and bedroom.
b) Construct an above-ground dwelling for the use by siege operators.

3) The sale of 50 units of sunshine to the autumn caravan in the year 302."
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]