Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven childcare question with burrows  (Read 549 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven childcare question with burrows
« on: September 06, 2013, 06:03:14 pm »

In a previous fort, I tried to keep the children from going outside the fort entrance by adding them into the burrow, which seemed to work, but how do I get them to definetly 100% stay in the burrow (short of dropping them into a room with a locked door)?

Burnup

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill until you can't, Then savescum.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven childcare question with burrows
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 06:36:42 pm »

Throw them in a pit. Then you don't have to lock any door.

In all seriousness, if you want to know more methods of dealing with dwarven children, search dwarven childcare in the forum. There is an awful lot on the subject..
Just tell her that you were merely doing what the voices in your head were telling you to do.

Burnup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just tell her that you were merely doing what the voices in your head were telling you to do.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 06:47:17 pm »

Yeah I've seen a few threads around, though I was asking a pretty specific question regarding burrows.

Burnup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 07:31:35 pm »

Ah, I apologize.

Children "Do as they please" they are more likely to stay where you tell them to. But are not obligated to. I do not know of any trick to force them to stay within assigned burrows.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 07:54:51 pm »

Well, I'm looking around at searched threads anyway and from what I've seen, adding the children to the civillian alert burrow works well enough for me.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 08:24:21 pm »

I've read that keeping children in the same burrow as their bedrooms stops them from wandering, and the poster had observed this.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.