Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DnD adventure ideas?  (Read 1611 times)

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
Re: DnD adventure ideas?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 06:06:12 pm »

Did you do any roleplaying yourself first? If not, then this will be harder to explain. One of the ways I see any pen and paper RPG's is they are improve plays, where the character's do anything they will, even if its something you didn't even think of.

I GM'ed before, and I am horrible at it. One of the problems I had was that I tried to be the nice guy... DONT EVER DO THAT TO A PARTY!!!! (ever, of all time, NEVER...)
Also dont be the party killer; characters can and will be killed. Solution if you dont like people to roll up new character is a way for the party to revive said character. Note: you should be EXTREMELY CAREFUL of doing that since it could lead to game disintegration.

Anyways you will need to think up of a story for them to play in. Look for ideas from movies, shows, and video games that you like and try to work them into a setting you like. If all else fails pick up a setting or a pre fab adventure if you need experience.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Re: DnD adventure ideas?
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 06:26:57 pm »

For me when I was ganming a lot, the tabletop was all about COLLABORATIVE storytelling. I was usually DM but not always, and we mostly did hexcrawl type stuff with some old modules thrown in here and there. Hexcrawl is wickedly liberating and a great way to go, totally the original sandbox game.

checkit out: http://www.gnomestew.com/tools-for-gms/old-school-fantasy-hexcrawl-resources/

be sure to follow ALL the links in there and behold the awesome worlds they lead you to.
I got nothing
Pages: 1 [2]