Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Fonline: Reloaded  (Read 20609 times)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fonline: Reloaded
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 01:51:29 pm »

After looking over things I'm thinking that I'm not going to play this after all. I got my fill of post-apocalyptic RPGs from HellMOO, which unlike Fallout I actually liked for a while. I'm sorry but put me down for "not a chance".
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 04:01:26 pm »

Hum. The character creator doesn't have the Bozar in its calculator. Thats slightly irritating. Doesn't have the wakizashi either.

Been playing around with the idea of a big guns Bozar sniper. Managed to mostly get it where I want. I know big guns are rare and the ammunition is rare, but it can use small guns for less dangerous NPC's if needs be. I would have liked to get outdoorsman to 100 but I wanted repair 100 more for BG crafting, and there was no way I could really work in any more intelligence.

Although I'm not going to get two aimed shots with a bozar no matter what unless I lower something, up my strength, and use jet, so maybe I could cut out some agility and get outdoorsman to 100 or if thats impossible buff small guns or doctor or something. Maybe switch out the two action boy perks for more crit and a stat perk...

What I got so far. Pretend I remembered to take the boneyard guard quest before I upped my big guns: http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=9371

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 09:24:58 pm »

So... a bunch of marauders killed me and stole my shovel. How do I get a new one?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 09:29:54 pm »

I played a lot of 2238, but I'm currently invested in a different successor to it, FOnline 2. If anybody wants to come play that with me I can set them up with some gear. I've got around 150,000 caps, some decent equipment in storage, as well as a lot of drugs (although I burn through those pretty quickly).

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 10:54:42 pm »

Theres an old shovel in the tent quest in the pen. You can also ask to borrow one from the shit guy in shady sands temporarily.

What are the differences between 2238 and 2? Does it actually have something resembling a wiki?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 10:58:53 pm »

The game has a lot more polish than 2238. There's generally a lot more to do with a lot more quests, equipment upgrades that incentivize crafting, caravans, several public dungeons, as well as a much larger community than 2238 had near its end. The wiki is pretty new, but it exists and grows every day.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2013, 01:11:21 am »

Well... I just looked at their forum and it seems like the average IQ is around that of a rock. With matching spelling and grammar. (granted the 2238 forums are closer to a ghosttown)

This does not bode well for the maturity of the playerbase. Plus a lot of data is unavailable for constructing character builds. Hum. Maybe. Also it seems like the devteam hates sneak. Which makes me sadface.

Can you build a blades melee character around dodging and lighter armor? Or is it psycho and heavy armor and all the HP you can take or you're worthless.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 08:44:57 am »

pointless to start playing on fonline 2 when fonline: reloaded is a new server with probl more contect

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2013, 09:54:18 am »

Looking at the Fonline 2 teaser, I actually see quite a few features that were lacking in Fonline Reloaded. Dunno how it looks with actual quests/jobs and such, though, other than caravan guarding being available in 2.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2013, 11:52:22 am »

pointless to start playing on fonline 2 when fonline: reloaded is a new server with probl more contect
FOnline 2 is new as well. The server went up pretty soon after 2238's went down, and they update it very frequently. I can't say if it has more content than Fonline: Reloaded, but it has a ton more than 2238.

Well... I just looked at their forum and it seems like the average IQ is around that of a rock. With matching spelling and grammar. (granted the 2238 forums are closer to a ghosttown)

This does not bode well for the maturity of the playerbase. Plus a lot of data is unavailable for constructing character builds. Hum. Maybe. Also it seems like the devteam hates sneak. Which makes me sadface.

Can you build a blades melee character around dodging and lighter armor? Or is it psycho and heavy armor and all the HP you can take or you're worthless.
The spelling and grammar errors are mostly due to the fact that English is not the first language of most of the playerbase (with a lot of them being from eastern European countries such as Poland or Russia). Having played the game for a few months and interacted with a fair number of people, I would say that they aren't that bad. There are a few very intelligent and kind people that I've met, and I wouldn't call the general playerbase "stupid" at all. The devs have said that sneak will be buffed soon, and it really isn't that bad as it is if you can get it up to 300% (also Stealth Boys are awesome). Melee characters are great for everything besides competitive PvP, which you'll want either a small guns or energy weapons sniper for or a big guns ape. I wouldn't say you're worthless if you don't make yourself a big guns tank, with the buffs to energy and especially small guns burst weapons (the XL70E3 is better than the m60 as of now, and the p90 also kicks ass), but the psycho-shooting big gunner with 350+ health and an avenger minigun is the most common pvp build you will see.

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2013, 12:58:52 pm »

I know the dev of reloaded. He and his crew are actually their own worst enemies. Guys from Poland, racists and bad-mannered. If i could overlook bad-manners, racism is just stupid. I wonder when the circus will start in the forums, if it had not yet.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2013, 01:05:21 pm »

Yeah all of the FOnline forums I've seen (just 2238 and FOnline 2 so far) have been rife with racism, sexism, and homophobia. The FOnline 2 forum moderators do a much better job of dealing with that stuff than the 2238 guys did, but you still see it in-game.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2013, 02:22:12 pm »

I know the dev of reloaded. He and his crew are actually their own worst enemies. Guys from Poland, racists and bad-mannered. If i could overlook bad-manners, racism is just stupid. I wonder when the circus will start in the forums, if it had not yet.

Have not seen anything like that from devs so far, seen alot of hard work, cooperation, listening to players and updates.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2013, 02:38:38 pm »

I really hope the wiki is a dirty liar. Because if the Bozar is actually a burst gun I will cry.

It seems a bit silly to me that the only ways to do damage is to max out criticals or Burst with a big gun. And that drugs are practically mandatory against a serious opponent.

Peoples offered solutions to other peoples problems seems to be take two doses of psycho and jet and burst 90% of the time. Or hunt down a specific weapon with specific upgrades.

Seems so restrictive. And if you don't do it that way the instant somebody who is doing it gets the drop on you all you can do is die. Because since he's hopped up on multiple doses of jet he is more than likely faster than you.

I think currently the game would need significant reworking before I would play it. The same probably goes for Reloaded. I might still try it.

And if you scrupulously avoid all pvp and go out of your way to avoid players.... why not just play fallout? It has more single-player content.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2013, 02:46:36 pm »

I really hope the wiki is a dirty liar. Because if the Bozar is actually a burst gun I will cry.
The bozar can be bursted or used for targetted/single shots. Why would that make you cry? It was solely a burst weapon in Fallout 2.

Peoples offered solutions to other peoples problems seems to be take two doses of psycho and jet and burst 90% of the time. Or hunt down a specific weapon with specific upgrades.
There are counters to psycho tanks. Pulse pistols eat straight through their high DR because they deal electrical damage, and any sort of sniper crit build can easily cripple them and knock them down from afar due to psycho tanks have 1 perception.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4