Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Fonline: Reloaded  (Read 20612 times)

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fonline: Reloaded
« on: September 05, 2013, 08:14:26 am »

FOnline: Reloaded is a free to play MMORPG based on the FOnline Engine and FOnline: 2238. It is set in the world known from Fallout games, in the year 2238 - 3 years before the events of Fallout 2. You can play in the areas from Fallout and Fallout 2.

So basicly game based on Russian's Fonline:2238 just alot better. Many bugs have been fixed, added alot of new content, changed some stuff so the game is more balanced and more fun. Server started few days ago so it's still a fresh start for new players, there's also newbies protection - players with lvl lower than 10 are harder to encounter on the world map, lvl 1 - 10% to encounter, lvl 2 - 20% etc.

For the people who don't know the game at all:

-Open pvp and full loot
-Few guarded cities (Vault City and Southern cities), rest is open for factions to fight for
-Advanced crafting system, gathering resources (wood, junk, fibers etc.), farming
-Players owned factions that can fight for territory (cities, mines)
-Town control with militia and settings laws
-Housing, factions HQ that can be bought by players.
-Alot of quests that allows you to lvl up without grinding
-Vehicles
-fun and alot of more

Daily patches, helpful devs, server located in France with new machine bought two days ago so the game is not lagging, around 300 players online for now.

If you like sandbox style and true open pvp you should try it.

http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/

DOWNLOAD - http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=1.0

INTERFACE I RECOMMEND - http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=32.0

VTUTORIALS - http://www.youtube.com/user/FOnlineReloaded

GUIDES - http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?board=4.0

CHARACTER PLANNER - http://nitue.net/#fcp/index

Check wiki for me info. Ask here if you got any questions i'll be happy to answer, also if you are about to start i can help you with some basic stuff.

Few Advices:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's my tips how to gain first few lvls fast and easy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also if you got any other questions you can just join IRC channel where you can find alot of helpful players. See you on the wastelands!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:18:17 am by HARD »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Fonline: Reloaded
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 10:34:07 am »

I was both on russian and english-speaking servers, maybe it's time to go back to it :D.

Soon there will be gangs of terminators wiping towns and camping spawns, but while it starts it's going to be fun.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 11:10:00 am »

Where can I find the system requirements for this game?
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 11:58:40 am »

I was both on russian and english-speaking servers, maybe it's time to go back to it :D.

Soon there will be gangs of terminators wiping towns and camping spawns, but while it starts it's going to be fun.

I'm sure it's not gonna be as bad as you think, game is much more balanced now and community is really great, if you won't run around unguarded cities then should be fine, there's not much of pking and with low lvl protection system its more friendly for new players, you are harder to encounter so less random pking for newbs.

Should be same as for Fallout 2 or at least close to. Just check it.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 12:25:20 pm »

Are you saying that I should check out the system requirements to Fallout 2 then give it a try? Because I don't really understand. I checked the website and there was no mention of system requirements at where I was checking.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 12:44:40 pm »

Are you saying that I should check out the system requirements to Fallout 2 then give it a try?

yeah

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 12:48:37 pm »

Considering trying this. How viable would a 10AG melee build with kamikaze and fast shot and all AC and maybe AP perks be? I'm thinking super dodgy, or is dodging not a viable strategy.

And a toaster could run fallout two.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 12:49:07 pm »

Well, this looks neat. PTW.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 01:24:25 pm »

Are you saying that I should check out the system requirements to Fallout 2 then give it a try?

yeah
Well then maybe I'll give it a try. In hindsight I really didn't like Fallout much but I might still give this a try. Put me down as a maybe perhaps.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 02:50:22 pm »

Considering trying this. How viable would a 10AG melee build with kamikaze and fast shot and all AC and maybe AP perks be? I'm thinking super dodgy, or is dodging not a viable strategy.

And a toaster could run fallout two.

10 AG is a must be, kamikaze is a waste of perk, don't take bruiser aswell cuz it's gonna take away 2 AP. Dodging is basicly AC which works only if you are running, if u stay still then u get no AC bonus, wait few minutes i'll make some melee build for you, you need alot of str for dmg, agility for action points and endurance so you can take some beating.

EDIT. BUILD HERE, ACTUALLY BRUISER IS A GOOD IDEA FOR MELEE :D http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=9369
Well then maybe I'll give it a try. In hindsight I really didn't like Fallout much but I might still give this a try. Put me down as a maybe perhaps.

It's your call mate :D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:00:05 pm by HARD »

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 03:13:55 pm »

Is the community better? I found the community to be one the worst communities I've been a part of in an online game. And I think that was a major complaint from a lot of people on another forum I used to be a part of. I tried bringing people to play, but no one would cause the community was so bad.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:39:09 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 03:47:46 pm »

Oh, hey! I remember this from way back when I was doing my Fallout 1/2 LP. GlyphGryph was going to set something up on it, but it never panned out since I never finished Fallout 2.

So, uh, posting to watch. I'd probably want to complete Fallout 2 before giving this a try though.

EDIT: The title should really be FOnline: Reloaded, so that I'd stop trying to pronounce it Fon-line reloaded.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 04:05:49 pm »

You don't really need more than 1 charisma, charisma is good for leaders who have to lead alot of people on the world map, with 1 charisma u can still lead 2 people and do some quests

Fallout really seems to have either a love or hate relationship with Charisma. It either loves it passionately and makes it one of the secret super attributes.

Or it hates it and optimal strategy suggest you put it as low as humanly possible

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 10:07:49 pm »

Hmmm. What does it mean that armor class is only taken into account when running? Does that mean it's completely worthless in turnbased. Or do I just need to hit somebody a bunch, then run one hex and end my turn and I'm unhittable again?

Because if it's completely worthless I'll ignore it. But with the perk that gives you a flat 50% to dodge if you're within one square I might be able to make something work. Plus I reeeeally like unusual builds. It's nearly a fetish.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 05:04:57 am »

Is the community better? I found the community to be one the worst communities I've been a part of in an online game. And I think that was a major complaint from a lot of people on another forum I used to be a part of. I tried bringing people to play, but no one would cause the community was so bad.

Yes it is better, really helpfull, ofc there are some scums like everywhere. You probl played with alot of russians, they were just pking everyone

Hmmm. What does it mean that armor class is only taken into account when running? Does that mean it's completely worthless in turnbased. Or do I just need to hit somebody a bunch, then run one hex and end my turn and I'm unhittable again?

Because if it's completely worthless I'll ignore it. But with the perk that gives you a flat 50% to dodge if you're within one square I might be able to make something work. Plus I reeeeally like unusual builds. It's nearly a fetish.

Not sure how it works in turn based, but still turn based is only for PvE and only if u want it, maybe you should go to irc channel and ask there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4