Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: High Fantasy Conquest: Game Two Part Two  (Read 9419 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: High Fantasy Conquest: Game Two Part Two
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2013, 08:51:35 pm »

I've exceeded the character limit in the main post, so I'm dumping the prologue here and just linking to it in the OP. I hate that it's become typical for there to be a week or more of downtime in between turns and I sincerely apologize for that. I'll definitely post the update tomorrow. That's like the fourth time I've made an empty promise like that. I really am the worst.

Spoiler: Prologue (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 12:01:12 pm by MrWillsauce »

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2013, 09:05:16 pm »

Turn 44

Ship of Freaks's Cyan Humans
Stocks: 1068 Food, 9 Coal, 1 Iron Ore, 0 Iron Bars, 2 Steel bars, 0 Steel Weapon, 0 Sulfur, 0 Herds of Horses, 0 Herds of Unicorns, 0 Iron Weapon
Population: 293
Armies: 13 total, 8 at J-35 (stealthed) each wielding/carrying 1 item: 1 steel armor, 2 steel bars, 1 iron bar, 4 herds of unicorns, 4 at F-37(+1 movement, stealthed) with 4 herd of horses, 3 each holding a herd of horses and 1 holding 1 herd of horses and 1 iron bar (all 0,0)
Structures: 14 Towns, 207 Farms/Fisheries, 26 Stables (22 new), 81 Nature Preserves, 17 Mines, 26 Forges (8 new)
Spoiler: Mines (click to show/hide)
Technologies: Field Agriculture, Preservation, Fish Domestication, Smelting, Steel Smelting, Charcoal Burning, Mithril Smelting, Fortress, Wall Constructing, Horse Domestication, Sailing, Stealth Maneuvering, Armoring, Mining, Theft, Blasting Charges, Master Theft, Weapon Smithing

Grek's Red Kobolds
Stocks: 262 Food, 0 Elf Population, 7 Human population, 15 Undead Hobbit Armies, 0 Coal, 5 Wood, 4 Sulfur, 0 Iron Weapons, 0 Iron Ore, 0 Iron Bars, 0 Steel Bars, 0 Steel Weapon, 0 Steel Armor, 0 herds of unicorns, 1 raw mithril, the Cloak of Shadows (I-44)
Structures: 19 Kobold Caves, 18 Fisheries, 4 Nature Preserves, 3 Forges
Population: 117
Armies: 21 total, 1 at F-30 with a herd of horses, holding 1 iron ore and 1 coal (+1 speed), 1 at S-20 with a herd of horses (+1 speed) holding 1 iron ore, 1 at E-23 with a herd of horses holding 1 coal and 3 iron ore (+1 speed), 1 at F-34 with a herd of horses (+1 speed) holding 1 iron ore, 1 at R-29 with The Axe of True Divinity (5, 0), 1 at N-17, 10 at Z-48, 3 at CC-36, 1 at I-34 (0,0), 1 at CC-25 (6,0 +1 speed) with 1 herd of unicorns and the Spear of Regicide [all armies stealthed]
Technologies: Theft, Fish Domestication, Stealth Maneuvering, Master Theft, Sailing, Woodcutting, Charcoal Burning, Fortress, Wall Construction, Smelting, Mining, Steel Smelting, Weapon Smithing
Theft Operations: 15 Kraken, 16 Dragon, 15 Roc, 0 Human Farm/Fisheries, 12 Human nature preserves, 10 Human Forges, 0 Human towns, 3 Hobbit Graveyards, 69 Hobbit Farms/Fisheries

Monk's Green Dwarves
Stocks: 107 Food,  35 Raw Mithril, 53 Iron Ore, -19 Coal, 1 Steel Bars, 3 Sulfur, 0 wood, 1 Steel Armor, 2 steel weapons, 4 herds of horses, yet-unnamed artifact mithril weapon
Population: 181
Armies: 9 total: 2 at N-8, 2 at N-14, one with The Sacred Substitute (5, 0), 1 at R-29, 1 at R-30, 1 at R-31, 1 at S-29, 1 at T-29
Structures: 35 Subterranean Farms, 25 Mountainhalls (8 new), 88 Farms/Fisheries (10 new), 6 Dwarf Fortresses, 10 Forges (3 new), 4 stables
Technologies: Mining, Subterranean Farming, Fish Domestication, Plains Farming, Mithril Mining, Fortress, Wall Construction, Smelting, Blasting Charges, Steel Smelting, Weapon Smithing, Armoring, Sailing, Woodcutting, Charcoal Burning, Horse Domestication, Theft, Master Theft

Terenos' Purple Halflings
Stocks: 772 food, 0 wood, 23 iron ore, 39 coal/charcoal, 29 herds of horses, 30 iron bars, 18 Raw Mithril, 10 steel bars
Population: 200
Armies: 104 total (42 alive), 1 Necromancer (-1,-1) at Y-54 w/ horse (+1 speed), 10 undead armies at X-55 w/horses (-1,0)(+1 speed), 9 undead armies at V-55 w/horses (-1,0)(+1 speed), 10 undead armies at V-15 (-1,0)(+1 speed), 1 undead army at V-55 w/ horses (-1,0)(+1 speed), 10 undead armies at W-56 w/horses (-1,0)(+1 speed), 5 undead armies at X-56 w/horses (-1,0)(+1 speed), 3 undead armies at Y-55 w/horses (-1,0)(+1 speed), 2 undead armies at Y-54 w/horses (-1,0)(+1 speed), 12 undead armies at various graveyards (-1, 0), 5 armies at CC-28(-1,-1), 5 armies at CC-26 w/ horses (+1 speed), 1 army at AA-28 w/ horse (+1 speed), 1 army at BB-28, 1 army at CC-27, 1 army at DD-28, 1 armies at CC-37 (-1,-1), 5 armies at Z-53, 5 armies at AA-34, 9 armies at CC-37, 3 armies at I-55, 4 armies at F-56
Structures: 151 Farms/Fisheries, 20 Shires, 51 Mines (2 new), 9 Graveyards, 10 Stables, 10 Forges, 31 nature preserves
Technologies: Field Agriculture, Fish Domestication, Woodcutting, Sailing, Mining, Charcoal Burning, Smelting, Horse Domestication, Blasting Charges, Armoring, Weapon Smithing, Wall Construction, Steel Smelting, Preservation, Fortress, Theft, Mithril Mining
Theft Operations: 18 Kobold Fisheries

Terra's Pink Elves
Stocks: 720 Food, 150 Herds of Unicorns, 10 Coal, 11 Iron Ore, 0 Iron Bars, 1 Sulfur, 4 iron armor, 3 iron weapons
Population: 484
Armies: 5 at CC-23
Structures: 36 Villages, 238 Farms/Fisheries (25 new), 44 Nature Preserves, 16 Unicorn Pens, 1 Stables (1 new), 10 Mines, 40 Forges (30 new)
Technologies: Preservation, Fish Domestication, Field Agriculture, Sailing, Horse Domestication, Mining, Unicorn Domestication, Armoring, Weapon Smithing, Smelting, Steel Smelting, Mithril Smithing, Blasting Charges, Fortress, Wall Construction, Theft, Master Theft, Stealth Maneuvering

Megabeast Hoards
Golden Dragon: The Crown of Unconditional Loyalty, 1 Herd of Horses, 2 Herds of Unicorns, 113 Food, 2 Iron Bars, 3 Elf Population, 1 Halfling Population, 4 Raw Mithril, 4 Charcoal, 3 Coal, 4 Iron Ore, 1 Steel Weapon
The Kraken: The Seaman's Pearl
The Roc: 3 Roc Eggs

Other Entities
Flame Serpent: at N-12 (3,2) on its way to the Volcano of Anguish
Flame Serpent: at X-15 (3, 2) on its way to the Volcano of Anguish
Flame Serpent: at G-8 (3, 2) on its way to the Volcano of Anguish
The Immortal Monk's Bane, Balrog: at M-8 (5,4) bent on the destruction of all Dwarven civilization
A bunch of moles: at X-17 (1,0) wild animals harassing miners
A bunch of moles: at H-8 (1,0) wild animals harassing miners
A war party of the Dwarven tribe Morulobulbokkalin: at F-7, guarding the entrance to their land

Goings on
Spoiler: Profane Heist (click to show/hide)

1 Human fishery is destroyed by the dragon and the looted food is stolen by the Kobolds
1 Dwarven subterranean farm is destroyed by the dragon and the looted food is stolen by the Kobolds
The Dwarves strike and extract a tiny vein of mithril while digging deeply for coal
In another coal mine miners are harassed by aggressive moles
The Dwarves find 2 more goddamn artifact mithril artifacts and unleash another flame serpent!
2 Halfling mithril mines destroyed by the dragon. The mithril is stolen by the Kobolds.
The Elves unearth a flame serpent and a tribe of savage Dwarves
The Elves unearth a bunch of moles
The Elves find a vein of mithril which they can't mine
The Elves cause the mountain at J-9 to collapse
In addition to all the deep digging events, a lot of stuff fell into the sea. What's up with my dice today?
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:02:19 pm by MrWillsauce »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2013, 10:07:45 pm »

((Awesome))

The Immortal Monk paced the ancient ruins of his ancestors, the scene of his rebirth. Soon, he would march to reclaim Dwarven strongholds from the skulking filth, land which his predecessors should never have surrendered. He lusted to journey to the East, to flay the thieves who, he was informed, had joined with a larger army in an attempt to break past the Dwarven Borders. His hands twitched on his axe at the thought, but he had glimpsed beyond the mortal veil, and had the crushing weight of infinite perspective on his mind. The Kobolds, though vile, could wait; the Balrog was loose and rampaging in the West, and frantic reports told of Fire Serpents descending from Elven lands. The Kingdom must be protected.

The heavy tread of iron boots interrupted his reverie. A stout dwarf with flame-red hair and an enormous mustache approached, clad in gilded steel armor set with large gemstones. His name was Tholtig Guardhatchet the Remarkable Fist, and he was one of the fiercest warriors among all the Dwarven Clans, having earned his title by striking down an armed warrior during a ritual duel using nothing but his gauntlet. He ruled his clan with an iron fist, mercilessly driving them to ever greater feats of craftsmanship and bravery, and had been one of the frontrunners to succeed the Immortal Monk as King under the Mountain before his miraculous resurrection. He was loved by few, and hated by many for his hard ways, but even his detractors could not fault his industriousness, his cunning, or his alcohol tolerance.

Tholtig stood, patiently awaiting word from his monarch. Wordlessly, the Immortal Monk drew forth a sword; a mithril sword, the mate to the Sacred Substitute, its equal in power and beauty. The blade seemed to glow with reflected fire from the torches as the Immortal Monk gifted the sword to his fellow dwarf with an unceremonious proclamation.

"This sword is the Torch of the Mountainhome. Put the skulking filth to the Torch."

Tholtig bowed low, withdrawing quickly; he would need to ride like the wind to join the Eastern armies in time for the assault.

((Before I start allocating things, I raised an army at M-8 with Steel Armor- did you just miss that, or did they lose to the Balrog and you forgot to mention it the report was forgotten in wake of news of the assassination? Also the +2 from the steel armor stacks with the +3 from the neighboring Fortresses, right?))

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2013, 10:28:24 pm »

Yeah, you just lost the fight (and I did remember the bonuses, which actually reach a total of +6 due to wall construction). I also fear that I'm favoring the Dwarves too much in my narration, but given the forum this is I doubt anyone would object to that anyway.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 10:32:48 pm by MrWillsauce »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2013, 05:09:05 pm »

Plus "Kobolds stole stuff... again. But this time no one could stop them! Just like last time." isn't much to say. Besides, every race has had that little "Era" of theres where we focus on them. Hopefully the elves have one soon.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2013, 11:05:59 pm »

The Immortal Monk spoke with his advisors and ministers at the surface entrance to the Sulfur Mine at the heart of the Kingdom. To the East, the Volcano of Anguish towered over the other mountains. To the South, Mountainhalls yielded to the Kobolds in times of peace were no doubt preparing for the coming war. More such Mountainhalls glowered to the West, and somewhere beyond them an enraged Fire Serpent was ravaging the countryside. One could also easily imagine the roar and hiss of the Fire Serpents coming from the distant North, from the mines of the elves.

When they asked why he chose to discuss economic policy in such a location, at such a tumultuous time, the Immortal Monk replied, "Even when armies march and heroes sing, the planters must provide food for their bellies, and the miners must dig fuel for the forges. Strike the Earth!"

Build 5 Mines at K[13-17] [5/181]
Work remaining 31 Subterranean Farms (the other mine is on a fortress) [36/181]
Work 88 Farms/Fisheries [124/181]
Build 6 Fisheries in available squares [130/181]
Claim L[43, 44], M[44] at 1 pop per claim [133/181]
Build Mines on those four mountain tiles in the desert [137/181]
Dig Deep for 6 Coal [143/181]
Claim X[25-32] at 1 pop per claim [151/181]
Build Fisheries on those 8 tiles [159/181]
Work 4 Stables [163/181]
Build Mines M[10-13] [167/181]
Raise 5 Armies at T-58, led by Tholtig wielding the Torch of the Mountainhome, with another army wielding Steel weaponry [172/181]
Mine 2 safe Sulfur [174/181]
Build Subterranean Farms at AA-15, O-8 [176/181]
Build Mine at T-58 [177/181]
Work 3 Mountainhalls [180/181]
Raise Army at X-16 wielding Steel weaponry [181/181]

Existing armies make undisclosed marches. Sulfur is saved in the hope of a future Coal strike in one of those new mines.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2013, 05:10:01 pm »

Turn submitted via PM. Highlights include: Lots of theft. Stealing yet another Sacred Dwarven Artifact. More Theft.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2013, 05:20:53 am »

Add available horses to armies. Undead armies take precedence.
Move Necromancer to X-55, Build Graveyard
Work 10 Graveyards [10/200]
Work 10 Stables [20/200]
Work 10 Forges [Ore-> Iron] [30/200]
Work 51 Farms/Fisheries gifted by the Elves [81/200]
Work 22 Farms/Fisheries (SE corner of my holdings, Entirely safe from Kobold thefts) [103/200]
Work 40 Mines (All non 0/non new) [143]

Claim Z-27, Z-28, AA-28 Y-39, Y-40 W-37-40, X-40, Y-39,Y-40 W-42-Z-42   M-58->R-58   , M-59, M-60->R-60, R-61 ,P-49->53, Q-49, Q-53, R-49,R-53  [182/200]
Construct 1 Nature Preserve P-51, [183/200]
Construct 12 Farms, Main continent, all available tiles (Vicinity of R-51) [195/200]
5 Theft operations on the Dragon. [200/200]
---
Send 18 Raw Mithril to the Dwarves [33/68 sent]
---
Army Movements:
9 undead armies at V-56 ,Move to U-56, Steal food.
10 undead armies at V-57  Move to U-58, Steal Food.
1 undead army at V-55, Move to V-54, Attacks Tile
10 undead armies at W-56 Move to V-55, Steal Food

3 undead armies at Y-55, Move To Y-53,

5 armies at CC-28, 2 to BB-28, 3 to CC 27, 1 to DD 28: Steal Food.
1 army at AA-28 To Z-29, Attack Tile.
1 army at BB-28, Steal Food
1 army at CC-27, Steal Food
1 army at DD-28, Steal Food
1 armies at CC-37, 9 armies at CC-36, Move to BB 36, 7 Steal food, 2 attack tile.

5 armies at Z-33: 3 Steal Food, 2 Attack Tile
5 armies at AA-34: 3 Steal Food, 2 Attack Tile

3 armies at I-55, 2 to I-54, Attack Tile, 1 to H-55, Steal Food.
4 armies at F-56 : 1 to Each; G-56, G-57, F-57, E-57, Steal Undead Armies (Presumably, I just get those back on those tiles?)
---
Summary of the Hobbit Turn: Theft, Theft, and MORE THEFT. Im going to outsteal the Kobolds.
Minor errors in my army layout but yeah, no worries. I know where most of them are supposed to be.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2013, 04:08:00 pm »

Work 36 Elf Villages. [36/484]
Work 238 Farms/Fisheries [274/484]
Work 16 Unicorn Pens. [290/484]
Make 10 Iron Bars. [300/484]
Craft 1 Iron armor and 1 Iron weapon. [302/484]

Rise 65 armies (Five at each location) at E-6,7. F-6,8,9. G-6,9. H-7,9. I-7,9. [367/484]

Arm 1 army in each square Iron armor and Iron Weapons. ^

The armies that have iron stuff are the Leaders of each army group.

Send all 5 Armies at C-23 to attack the Kobolds at CC-25 move to C-24.
I should read up on my battle rules... XD

Spoiler: King Geldar's Address. (click to show/hide)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2013, 05:58:08 pm »

Dear Mum,

It is an exciting time here at the border of the Elven lands. As I have told you countless times they are a wondrous people who, despite worshiping the forces of evil and destruction, are quite nice. Indeed I met a few the other day. They said they liked my hat. This week though they appear to be a bit more agitated than usual as they have been, apparently, dealing with several fires within their forests. There is also talk of independent dwarf clans harassing the fair people. I've never heard of such a thing before. Dwarves usually swear fealty to a single monarch at a time. Well at least that's been my experience. I think I may look into these new Dwarves. I've decided to call them "Chaos Dwarves" for the time being as they appear rather chaotic in relation to their mountain dwelling brethren. As always I shall send this letter via a passing elf scout who tends to bring these letters to human cities and the human cities to you. I will keep you in touch with my findings and ramblings as I can. Tell Sacha I miss her. Farewell,

-Signed
              Arashin

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2013, 07:22:35 am »

We've been waiting on Ship for quite some time. Sorry, guys.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2013, 09:37:38 am »

I think at around 11 days you should just skip his turn.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2013, 05:40:24 pm »

So... How bout them sports team?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2013, 10:40:14 pm »

Well I've been trying unsuccessfully to get into contact with Ship of Freaks for nearly two weeks. I'm actually beginning to feel slightly worried about him -- as you may have gathered Ship and I are friends in the real, Kobold-free word -- but I'm probably just being paranoid. As far as the game is concerned, skipping somebody's  turn even once would severely fuck up their empire, putting them very far behind everyone else in a manner that isn't very fun (even less so than being attacked by dragons on turn 1). So I really don't know what I should do. One option would be to hand the reigns of the Human Empire temporarily over to someone else (Nerjin would likely be willing to assume the position of Human Empress), but I really don't feel comfortable doing that without consulting the rightful ruler of the empire, which of course isn't possible in this case. Despite my misgivings, I can say with moderate confidence that Ship wouldn't mind his empire being run by someone else for the sake of keeping the game going (although it's been stagnant for a few weeks presently, much to my chagrin). I suppose the decision is really up to you all: should we continue waiting, proceed with a substitute while we await news from Ship, or do something else I'm not thinking of? I'm sorry for not taking action to end this unintentional hiatus much, much sooner.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2013, 10:43:31 pm »

Huh... I'm sure he's okay. Probably just busy with real life.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9