Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: POKÉMON FUSION!  (Read 64521 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION! - 1/3 of the way! Advance Sign-Ups Now Open!
« Reply #285 on: October 10, 2013, 08:10:58 am »

"You again? Neato. I have new strengths as well...say hello to my not-so-little friend, shall we?"

Go, Blastoise!

1. Flood the area, soaking Butternine's fur to immobilize it.
2. Take a deep breath.
3. Retract into your shell.
(Marvin) Push the now-floating Blastoise at the Butternine.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 10, 2013, 07:19:42 pm »

Go exploring in the areas around any dumps or trash yards, where forest life encroaches.(Look for Poison types, Bug types, and Grass types) Zutly's predator instincts and ultrasonic spirit waves should help, as well as Sandpoke's keen sense of smell.
Failing that, just try to find an area where an abundant variety of wild Pokemon live.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 14, 2013, 03:04:29 am »

Sorry for the delay...

"You again? Neato. I have new strengths as well...say hello to my not-so-little friend, shall we?"

Go, Blastoise!

1. Flood the area, soaking Butternine's fur to immobilize it.
2. Take a deep breath.
3. Retract into your shell.
(Marvin) Push the now-floating Blastoise at the Butternine.
Psychic Marvin turns Blastoise into an incredible water puck:

[ROLLED 3 (x2 +1 very cool) = 7!] It's super effective!

Blastoise floods the zone and retracts into its shell. The now floating Pokémon is launched at the floundering Butternine, knocking the poor bugdog into blissed unconsciousness.

+1 happiness to Blastoise and Butternine! Psychic Marvin has no more slots! Butternine was auto-defused and banked! No more points can be gained for banking Butterfree or Arcanine.

Go exploring in the areas around any dumps or trash yards, where forest life encroaches.(Look for Poison types, Bug types, and Grass types) Zutly's predator instincts and ultrasonic spirit waves should help, as well as Sandpoke's keen sense of smell.
Failing that, just try to find an area where an abundant variety of wild Pokemon live.

Explorer Kalson heads off looking trash (rolled 4 +1 easy find=5) and soon comes across aged trash strewn weed locked rubble from the ill-fated time share condo craze of the mid nineties. There amid the crumbling ruins of prefab apartments and plastic lobby trees roam two wild pokéfusions... ODDROW and KINGSECT!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 14, 2013, 08:33:40 am »

Inquire with the bank about inventory increase or temporary storage. If the latter is possible, store Parasect and Haunter. If not, fuse them into Parater.

Then go out and catch some more Pokemons!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 14, 2013, 06:28:15 pm »

Explorer Kalsom considers for a moment, then smiles, decision made. He tosses out Zutly and Sandpoke, and does something uncharacteristic of him to do; he doesn't make them attack.

"Zutly, spread yourself through Oddrow's plumage and feathers! Don't let it get a good angle on you! And Sandpoke, quick, dig underground and coat yourself in mud, to make Kingsect's bubbles bounce off!"

Zutly defends against Oddrow
Sandpoke defends against Kingsect

(For the record, if Oddrow wasn't one of the best counters to Sandpoke I can think of, the only one better being Para(Flying type Pokemon suffix), I could get so much overkill on Kingsect it would be ridiculous. x16 super effective coverage, +1 for Hyper-Aggressive, +1 for Cool. Minimum of 18, maximum of(dear Arceus) 98. I'm tempted to use my master ball on Oddrow and do it anyway, simply because I think if I get a high enough number, I will catch other Pokemon that aren't here, at the same time.)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 14, 2013, 08:56:58 pm »

((...This should be good.))

Incidentally, duck and cover.
Inform GM that this is a joke action. No ducking or covering will be done unless needed.
Sig

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 16, 2013, 05:48:05 pm »

Inquire with the bank about inventory increase or temporary storage. If the latter is possible, store Parasect and Haunter. If not, fuse them into Parater.
This is the third time you've asked about increasing your space. Sorry chief, there's a limit for a reason.

Psychic Marvin fuses Parasect and Haunter to make a Parater!
Spoiler: Parater (click to show/hide)
Then go out and catch some more Pokemons!
Psychic Marvin heads out into the wilds after more mons... and soon bumps into a wild GYARAEON!

Explorer Kalsom considers for a moment, then smiles, decision made. He tosses out Zutly and Sandpoke, and does something uncharacteristic of him to do; he doesn't make them attack.

"Zutly, spread yourself through Oddrow's plumage and feathers! Don't let it get a good angle on you! And Sandpoke, quick, dig underground and coat yourself in mud, to make Kingsect's bubbles bounce off!"

Zutly defends against Oddrow
Sandpoke defends against Kingsect

Explorer Kalsom has his Zutly phase defensively through the swooping Oddrow...

[ODDROW ROLLED 6 (x0.5 x0.25 +1 going first -1 cool)= 1] It's not very effective!

The Oddrow's poisonous vapours are nothing to Zutly who quickly saps its strength from within! Meanwhil Kingsect bubbleblasts the mud coated Sandpoke!

[KINGSECT ROLLED 3 (x0.5 +1 going first -1 cool)= 2] It's not very effective!

While Kingsect blasts the battlefield with bubbles, Sandpoke crawls through the mud and bursts out in front of the rogue pokéfusion! Explorer Kalsom quickly bags the two defeated pokéfusions!

+1 happiness to Oddow, Zutly and Sandpoke. Congratulations! Explorer Kalsom caught an Oddrow!
Spoiler: Oddrow (click to show/hide)

Congratulations!  Explorer Kalsom caught a Kingsect!
Spoiler: Kingsect (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 16, 2013, 06:41:20 pm »

Defuse and Bank Kingler and Oddish. Fuse Fearow and Parasect to make Pararow.
Then, we head out and look for Rhyix, as well as Fighting types and Ice types. Pararow's keen sense of smell, combined with it's speed, should help tremendously in this regard, while Sandpoke's psychic powers should be able to help us pinpoint locations.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 16, 2013, 06:59:13 pm »

This is the third time you've asked about increasing your space. Sorry chief, there's a limit for a reason.
((I don't remember getting an answer...))

Congratulations! Explorer Kalsom caught an Oddrow!
((Don't you need to attack?))

Magneton, go! Using the diamagnetism of water, pseudotelekinetically slam Gyraeon into the surrounding trees, boulders, etc, until it submits!
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 16, 2013, 08:00:06 pm »

Magneton, go! Using the diamagnetism of water, pseudotelekinetically slam Gyraeon into the surrounding trees, boulders, etc, until it submits!

Nope. Just need to roll well.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2013, 01:23:38 am »

No, 'defending' just means allowing the opponent to make the first move, the whole battle still takes place as usual.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2013, 04:27:11 am »

(Perhaps I was too implicit:)
Ask if I can temporarily store Charmander.
No one will take the Charmander

Magneton, go! Using the diamagnetism of water, pseudotelekinetically slam Gyaraeon into the surrounding trees, boulders, etc, until it submits!
Psychic Marvin knows his science and uses complex poképhysically interactions on the poor Gyaraeon...

[ROLLED 2 (x2 +1 cool)=5] It's super effective!

The Gyarareon gurgles savagely as its psuedotelekentically bashed into wilful submission and ably caught.

Congratulations! Psychic Marvin caught a Gyaraeon!
Spoiler: Gyaraeon (click to show/hide)

Defuse and Bank Kingler and Oddish. Fuse Fearow and Parasect to make Pararow.
Then, we head out and look for Rhyix, as well as Fighting types and Ice types. Pararow's keen sense of smell, combined with it's speed, should help tremendously in this regard, while Sandpoke's psychic powers should be able to help us pinpoint locations.
Explorer Kalson gets two points for banking Kingler and Oddish. No more points can be gained for banking Kingler or Oddish.

With the remains, he throws together a bespectacled bird, Pararow...

Spoiler: Pararow (click to show/hide)

With his new fusion he heads out, looking for Rhyix and others (rolled 5 -1 conditional order= 4) and in the cracks and crevices of chine he finds the blustering boldermon: RHYIX! But he's not alone: with him is RHYNITE and GOLTOPS standing before fellow trainer Kyra Pyre!

(If you look for a specific escaped pokéfusion, you won't be able to guarantee who it'll be with.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:10:21 am by notquitethere »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 17, 2013, 07:48:05 am »

((Gyarados is Water/Flying, actually.))

Defuse Gyaraeon; release Vaporeon; bank Magneton and Blastoise; search for a Grass-type Pokemon.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 17, 2013, 06:10:19 pm »

Explorer Kalson strokes his chin, then pulls out his string of poke balls and lets them all fly out. Now, for his specialty. Attacking.

"Swiftly! Pararow, circle above Goltops and let your spores lull it into slumber! Sandpoke, dig underground and soften the earth below Rhyix; get it tangled in the mud! Zutly, dive into Rhynite's jaws; you can possess it from the inside!"

Pararow attacks Goltops(x2 effectiveness total)
Zutly attacks Rhynite(1x effectiveness)
Sandpoke attacks Rhix(2x effectiveness)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2013, 07:38:00 pm »

Advanced sign ups? Potential leg up? First gen only?
Sounds fun. But I'm failing to see what is 'advanced' about the signups. Thanks to Rolepgeek for pointing out what I missed!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:08:53 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22