Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: POKÉMON FUSION!  (Read 64546 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION! - In Which The Lead Is Now Split!
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2013, 07:07:21 pm »

Kyra had no idea what that pokemon had at hand, nor did she have any idea on how to face such a peculiar creature.

So she went with the most plausible thought at hand. "Nine, send a bit of fire down its path as a distraction, then charge it right behind!"

Use fire as a distraction > Charge!
Spoiler: Kyra Pyre (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 01, 2013, 04:35:41 am »

Excellent. Shame that Dragonfairy got away.

Have Kadanair psychically track Dragonfairy. Try to catch it.
Psychic Marvin teams up with Kadanair to psychically track the Dragonfairy (rolled 5 +1 psychic residue = 6) and they soon pinpoint the location, a nearby mine shaft. They rappel down into the depths where they hear an eerie singing... then out of the darkness come DRAGONFAIRY and a wild HAUNTMANDER!

"Now, lets look for some grass types to catch."
To the grass lands!
Cool Trainer Bruce heads out looking for grasslands... (rolled 2 +1 easy locale =3) but instead gets caught in a murky forest filled with tight twisted trees and treacherous root entanglements. While tripping up on a clump of the latter, Cool Trainer Bruce gets up to see two pokéfusions staring down at him: it's RATGELA and a MANBASAUR!

Capture the pokemon whom are knocked out.[/b]
(Don't worry, this happens automatically if you get 5+ on your roll. Remember also that it's the secondary Pokémon that decides the pokéfusion's defense-type. So Kaburow's defence is Normal-Flying, not Rock-Water-Normal-Flying.)
Have Bulbasaur use vine whip to hold the Kaburow in place for
a shot by Squirtle using water gun, unless the Kaburow is knocked out, then change the target to the Poryino.
Altus Wasser squares off against the Kaburow and Poryino. First, his Bulbasaur whips a hold on the creepy Kaburow...

[ROLLED 6 (x 0.5 +1 cool) = 4] It's not very effective!

Bulbasaur tries to whip-snare the Kaburow, but the sneaky bird attempts to fly off. As it does so, it's caught by the end sting of a vine and whipped out into the stratosphere instead! Squirtle isn't to be outdone and so directs its water gun at the Poryino...

[ROLLED 5 (x1 +1 cool) =6!]

The Poryino is pinned in place by the solid jet of water. Whilst it's gurgling away, Altus Wasser catches it.

+1 happiness to Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Poryino! Congratulations! Altus Wasser caught a Poryino!

Spoiler: Poryino (click to show/hide)

"Nine, send a bit of fire down its path as a distraction, then charge it right behind!"

Use fire as a distraction > Charge!
Kyra Pyre sends forth her Ninenine against the Magnera in a typically tricksome attack.

[ROLLED 4 (x1 +1 cool)= 5]

The Magnera slowly looks up to see a gout of flame searing towards it. It quickly teleports backwards, straight into the open jaws of the cunning Ninenine!

+1 happiness to Ninenine! Congratulations! Kyra Pyre caught a Magnera!

Spoiler: Magnera (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 01, 2013, 04:52:24 am »

Exhilarated by the literal one-sided firefight, Kyra jumped in joy as the pokeball returned to her hand, along with the one who caused its occupant great comfort inside.

"Oh Nine, I knew you could do it!" she said as they did a nice, though somewhat silly, jig.

Soon after they calmed from their frivolities, Kyra sat at the same place the Magnera meditated, and was followed by Nine.

"You've got the same feeling too, huh? I always wonder what exactly you're thinking Nine. These pokemon are. . .pretty much different from all others we've seen, yet still coexist with their environment-although this tree may tell otherwise, I'd say it was like this when Magnera arrived. It's...somewhat serenely beautiful, don't you agree?"

Nine agreed, by bopping Kyra's cheek with her snout.

"Oh you fluffy foxlion."

And onward we go! Admiring the scenery, and on the watch for some other pesky pokemon. Say, why don't I get a stick from nearby, light it up thanks to Nine and go spelunking?
Spoiler: Kyra Pyre (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 01, 2013, 08:01:04 am »

Kadanair, Blastnite, I choose you!

Kadanair, use your draconic wiles to convince Dragonfairy to join us!
Blastnite, flood the lower parts of the mine until Hauntmander is within reach, then grab it!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2013, 04:11:10 am »

And onward we go! Admiring the scenery, and on the watch for some other pesky pokemon. Say, why don't I get a stick from nearby, light it up thanks to Nine and go spelunking?
Kyra Pyre heads out looking for nearby caves (rolled 2 +1 know locale =3) but they get lost amidst the valleys in the foothills of the mountain, eventually ending up thigh deep in some unholy sludge. Sludge that bubbles and burst with a wild SPEARORAN and a NIDOGONG!

Kadanair, Blastnite, I choose you!

Kadanair, use your draconic wiles to convince Dragonfairy to join us!
Blastnite, flood the lower parts of the mine until Hauntmander is within reach, then grab it!
Psychic Marvin narrows his eyes dramatically as Kadanair undulates suggestively in Dragonfairy's general direction...

[ROLLED 2 (x1 +1 cool) =3]

Dragonfairy is ultimately unconvinced, but decides Kadanair is not a viable threat. Meanwhile Blastnite proceeds to drown Hauntmander...

[ROLLED 3 (x2 +1 cool) =7!] It's super effective!

Hauntmander gives an eerie yelp and jumps straight into Psychic Marvin's arms! When he looks around, Dragonfairy is gone but they're one Pokéfusion richer.

+1 happiness for Blastnite and Hauntmander! Congratulations! Psychic Marvin caught a Hauntmander!

Spoiler: Hauntmander (click to show/hide)

Anyone else wants to throw in an action I'll be doing another round of processing later today.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2013, 08:04:29 am »

Corner Dragonfairy.

Kadanair: Coil around Dragonfairy and psychically subdue it!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 02, 2013, 10:50:02 am »

Corner Dragonfairy.

When he looks around, Dragonfairy is gone
I take it you want to roll to go find Dragonfairy again?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2013, 11:01:12 am »

Corner Dragonfairy.

When he looks around, Dragonfairy is gone
I take it you want to roll to go find Dragonfairy again?
Yup. We're in a mine, and I have a Psychic/Dragon type. How many places could it hide?
Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 02, 2013, 11:18:44 am »

Altus permitted himself a small smile.  "Well, then, it looks like our luck is finally beginning to turn.  Good job you two."

Go back to town.
Defuse Poryino, and bank the individual parts.
Go to the forest/swamp.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2013, 11:54:03 am »

Altus permitted himself a small smile.  "Well, then, it looks like our luck is finally beginning to turn.  Good job you two."

Go back to town.
Defuse Poryino, and bank the individual parts.
Go to the forest/swamp.

Altus Wasser heads back to town and banks the Poryino...

No further points can be gained for banking a Porygon or Nidorino.

Then Altus Wasser and his small troupe head out into the forest (rolled 6 +2 very easy locale = 8) and soon comes face to face with a wild VENEOT and a EKPIE hopping after each other in the branches!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2013, 05:19:15 am »

Corner Dragonfairy.

Psychic Marvin heads deeper into the mines after Dragonfairy (rolled 1 +1 on the trail! +1 dragonsenses =3) but he takes the wrong turn and eventually wanders into a large cavern. Daylight streams in from a tiny crack far above, lighting a table in the middle of a field of moss. At the table sits MR LAX.

"Mist, mist, Mr Lax," says Mr Lax, putting his fingertips together and eying Psychic Marvin malevolently. He'd been expecting him. Suddenly, the tunnel behind Marvin collapses, and out of the darkness leaps a wild KANGASDUCK!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2013, 06:22:41 am »

"Is this one of those Good-Mon, Bad-Mon situations? Well, I'm willing to bet that neither of you are very good. Shame that you both lack the telepathy or language skills for us to continue the banter further..."

"Kadanair? Nido? I'd like you to...take care of these two.

"Nido, kindly step on the babbling kangaduck thing to shut it up.
That was your 'muscle', wasn't it, Mr. Lax? And let me tell you, Nido here is merely the most hermaphroditic of my strongmen.
"Kadanair? Show Mr. Lax what I mean. Use that psychic power to show all the power at my disposal, all that I have done with some magic, some power, and a good amount of thought. Lax, we have defeated far worse foes with far, far less. If you expected me to die, you should have brought far more."
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION! - Mr Lax's Revenge!
« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2013, 03:47:42 pm »

Okay
Squirtrina, defend against GLOONX

And Charslash, Dash into the fire and tackle the DOTLY both from cover and on fire. The only way you be cooler was if you could shoot shurikens and lightning.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION! - Mr Lax's Revenge!
« Reply #268 on: October 03, 2013, 03:57:21 pm »

((Ill and busy. Dropping out for the time being at least.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION!
« Reply #269 on: October 03, 2013, 04:33:07 pm »

"Kadanair? Nido? I'd like you to...take care of these two.

"Nido, kindly step on the babbling kangaduck thing to shut it up.
That was your 'muscle', wasn't it, Mr. Lax? And let me tell you, Nido here is merely the most hermaphroditic of my strongmen.
"Kadanair? Show Mr. Lax what I mean. Use that psychic power to show all the power at my disposal, all that I have done with some magic, some power, and a good amount of thought. Lax, we have defeated far worse foes with far, far less. If you expected me to die, you should have brought far more."
Psychic Marvin is not so easily intimidated. He casually waves Nidoqueen at the stongfusion, Kangasduck...

[ROLLED 6 (x1 +1 cool) = 7]

Kangasduck is swiftly squashed by Nidoqueen. Beads of pokésweat start forming on Mr Lax's brow as Kadanair stares over at him...

[ROLLED 6 (x1 +1 cool) = 7]

Just before submitting wholly to the power of Kadanair's mind beams, Mr Lax lets out a bellowing cry.

"MR... LAAAAAAAX!"

+1 happiness for Nidoqueen and Kadanair. Kangasduck and Mr Lax were auto-defused and banked as Psychic Marvin had no available slots left! No more points can be gained for banking Snorlax, Mr Mime, Kangaskhan and Psyduck.

Okay
Squirtrina, defend against GLOONX

And Charslash, Dash into the fire and tackle the DOTLY both from cover and on fire. The only way you be cooler was if you could shoot shurikens and lightning.
Team Rocket Clair sends her Squirtrina to hold the line against the deadly Gloonx.

[GLOONX ROLLED 4 (x0.5 x0.5 +1 going first) = 2] It's not very effective!

Team Rocket Clair is a master pokétactician, much to the chagrin of her superiors. She knows that Gloonx's combination of leafy vine whips and poison gases are but a light massage and fragrant breeze for the likes of Squirtrina. Her cynical use of underhand tactics is what got her banished on Honoku, but it looks like it's what's going to get her out. Typically, Gloonx is caught. Then, she tries for a 'cool' tactic with Charslash against the Dotly...

[ROLLED 1 (x1 +1 cynical abuse of the rule of cool) = 2]

Aflame, the Charslash leaps from the burning pile of maps and plans, but he falls straight through the Dotly! Not wanting to risk its luck any further, the Dotly disappears through a wall cawing all the way...

+1 happiness to Squirtrina. -1 happiness Charslash. Dotly escaped! Congratulations! Team Rocket Clair caught a Gloonx!

Spoiler: Gloonx (click to show/hide)

((Ill and busy. Dropping out for the time being at least.))
No worries. I'll keep you active for now.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 04:36:17 pm by notquitethere »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22