Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: POKÉMON FUSION!  (Read 64554 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION! - Double Trouble!
« Reply #240 on: September 27, 2013, 03:43:46 pm »

Specifically, which ones are you banking? All except Ninenine?
. . .

Exactly my point! Everyone except Ninenine! xD

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 27, 2013, 07:25:17 pm »

Look over terrain to deduce optimum strategy.
The pokéfusion is long gone (all battles are resolved in a single roll) but the nearby scrubland should be full of normal type pokémon that won't be too hard to beat.

You never gave me a roll!  All you gave me for that fight was this:

Unfortunately, Honoku rules prohibit pokéswitching. Think about this carefully: which single Pokémon do you want to attack (or defend against) the Voltcuno? Remember, you can get an additional point towards the roll if you come up with a cool tactic (look at Tiruin's last few posts).
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION! - A Tale of Two Moths
« Reply #242 on: September 28, 2013, 03:22:40 am »

Look over terrain to deduce optimum strategy.
The pokéfusion is long gone (all battles are resolved in a single roll) but the nearby scrubland should be full of normal type pokémon that won't be too hard to beat.

You never gave me a roll!  All you gave me for that fight was this:

Unfortunately, Honoku rules prohibit pokéswitching. Think about this carefully: which single Pokémon do you want to attack (or defend against) the Voltcuno? Remember, you can get an additional point towards the roll if you come up with a cool tactic (look at Tiruin's last few posts).
Then I followed it up two days later with:

(...holy crap that is the worst pokemon ever to face if you have a grass type. Thank god I defused.)

Have Squirtle attack the legend.
If Squirtle becomes weak, switch out for Flareon.
If Flareon becomes weak, return Flareon and run.

If the wild pokemon becomes weak, attempt capture, repeatedly.

As you didn't respond to my request for clarification, I'm going to interpret this as attacking with Squirtle.

Altus Wasser doesn't think, he just acts, sending forth his Squirtle to battle the strange red bird.

[ROLLED 3 (x1) =3]

Squirtle sends out a liquid blast but the Voltcuno dodges out the way and slowly flaps its wings and flies off.
So no harm done, but we're back to square one. Look at this if you're not sure what your pokémon are strong against. Where do you want to go now?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 29, 2013, 04:27:09 pm »

'Good one Abtly. And you Goldzing, not bad at all. though i think I have a name for you now Abtly. I reckon.... Pitcher.'

Look for someplace hot.
Professor Maple knows that the mountain is a dormant volcano, so heads off in search of magma vents (rolled 2) but all she finds are bubbling sulphuric quagmires. While perusing a stench-ridden bog, she is jumped by VOLTCUNO and ELECTRADRILL!

"Excellent! We will soon achieve great things!"

Return to bank. Defuse Nidosian and Nidorow. Bank Persian, and Tentacool. Fuse Nidoqueen and Nidoking, with Nidoking being the one who decides the face and color and attacks and such.

Use Kadanair's Dragon-Sense to find the nearest Dragon-Type Pokefusion! Possibly one someone else owns. If it is wild, have Kadanair lure it with its draconic charms!
Psychic Marvin banks Persian and Tentacool. He gets the point for Persian. No further points can be gained for banking Persians.

After a few hours at the Mutation Centre, Psychic Marvin comes away with a shiny new Nidoqueen
Spoiler: Nidoqueen (click to show/hide)
Afterwards Psychic Marvin goes out looking for Dragontype pokéfusions (rolled 5 +1 dragonsense -1 rare type =5!) and winds up at the misty lake where two dragon-types are splashing about... a wild DRAGONFAIRY and a wild BLASTNITE!

"Oh shit.."
Growkans defend against Rhynix, use fire to keep it stationary. King-Two use your psychic powers to fling water at the Viletres.
((Come on two legenderies.))
Cool Trainer Bruce gets Growkans to hold off the onslaught from the rampaging Rhyix!

[RHYIX ROLLED 4 (x1 x2 +1 going first) =9!!] IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE.

The Rhyix bursts up out of the ground right underneath the hapless Growkans. A moment later, the little dogsnake is tiny dot on the horizon, blasting off at the speed of shame. Kingtwo slowly shakes its hideous maw, and blasts a purple beam of pokéjuice at vile Viletres...

[ROLLED 1 (x2) = 2]

The beam would have been brutal had it have hit, but the shot goes wild and the Viletres kicks up some poison spores. While Kingtwo is bugging out, the foul bird swoops down and picks up the Rhyix and the pair trolololol off into the wilderness.

-2 happiness to Growkans! -1 happiness to Kingtwo! Viletres and Rhyix have escaped again!

Bank it all!

"That was. . .an amazing battle Nine! Let's head back to the pokecenter, then perhaps return to these springs later for a ncie rest, huh?"

And do such!
Kyra Pyre banks two Venemoths (getting a point for one of them), a Dratini, a Primeape (getting no points for it), a Tentacruel and a Vaporeon. No further points can be gained for banking any of these pokémon.

Kyra Pyre head back to the springs and has a nice rest, soaking in the steam with her favourite pokéfusion. +1 happiness for Ninenine.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION! - In Which The Lead Is Now Split!
« Reply #244 on: September 29, 2013, 04:53:50 pm »

((It would be amusing if the hot springs made the Ninenine evolve. Not that it can, but still.))

-----

This could be hard...

"Kadanair! Nido! Use Fastball Special!"

Nido"queen": Use Slam, propelled by Kadanair, to bowl over the two Pokefusions!
Kadanair: Aside from the Fastball Special, screw with the two other dragons' running-away skills!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 29, 2013, 08:36:09 pm »

Kyra sighed as she relaxed in the heated air, feeling Nine sit down next to her as she dipped her toes in the hot waters of the spring. It was refreshing-a much needed rest after all the trekking-but she knew that there were still more pokemon abound.

...Though it was quite a tempting idea to relax a bit more in the springs and enjoy the full feeling of the hot pools. She was disappointed at her lack of foresight.

She didn't bring a towel along.

"When you're ready Nine, I'm ready. Just finish u-...oh."

Nine was busy lying down, supine, and enjoying the heat of the air. Kyra gave her a nice bellyrub just to relax the pokemon.

She must be really tired after all the fighting. Well, I guess we can wait out a bit more. Then we'll probably head back to Misty Lake..or perhaps one of the places where we haven't been. I wonder if the pokecenter has any supplies for spelunking?

..I'm not afraid of the dark!

Nope...

Random Roll Encounter after finishing up? :D
Spoiler: Kyra Pyre (click to show/hide)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 29, 2013, 09:42:47 pm »

Go to the mountains.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 30, 2013, 10:06:00 am »

Remember, when fighting two foes, you need to select which of your Pokémon is fighting which specific foe. If the instructions are ambiguous, I'll decide arbitrarily.

Go to the mountains.
Altus Wasser heads towards the mountains (rolled 5 +1 easy target=6) and it's not long before he spots some rumbles in the fissures... a wild PORYINO and a KABUROW

Random Roll Encounter after finishing up? :D
Kyra Pyre heads down into the wilds and comes across a lighting struck tree. Meditating beneath the charcoal stump is wild MAGNERA!

(You would have gotten a double-battle if you hadn't have banked all your spare 'mons.)

This could be hard...

"Kadanair! Nido! Use Fastball Special!"

Nido"queen": Use Slam, propelled by Kadanair, to bowl over the two Pokefusions!
Kadanair: Aside from the Fastball Special, screw with the two other dragons' running-away skills!
Psychic Marvin leaps into action! His Kadanair scrunches its eyes up and telekinetically shoots Nidoqueen at the pair of dragons. Dragonfairy leaps up to nobly take the blow...

[ROLLED 1 (x1 +1 cool) = 2]

The Dragonfairy whacks Nidoqueen down into the ground and starts pounding with draconic fury. Meanwhile, Kadanair sends a psychic blast to mess up the Blastnite...

[ROLLED 6 (x1) =6!]

The Blastnite charges but falls over itself in confusing. While the great blue lizard is drooling, Psychic Marvin catches it gently with a pokéball.

+1 happiness to Kadanair and Blastnite! -1 happiness to Nidoqueen. There is now a Dragonfairy escaped in the wilds!

Congratulations! Psychic Marvin caught a Blastnite!
Spoiler: Blastnite (click to show/hide)

(I'll do another round of processing in maybe five hours time for the people who haven't submitted for today. If Zanazetkuken gets in in time, I'll give him another action as he's a bit behind.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2013, 10:11:53 am »

Excellent. Shame that Dragonfairy got away.

Have Kadanair psychically track Dragonfairy. Try to catch it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 30, 2013, 10:38:42 am »

"SHIT!"
Recall King-Two, go fins Growkans and apologise profusely.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 30, 2013, 11:36:39 am »

"SHIT!"
Recall King-Two, go fins Growkans and apologise profusely.
Cool Trainer Bruce goes and finds Growkans, stuck part of the way up a tree.

"I'm sorry little buddy," he says.

"Growkans!" complains Growkans.

"It'll never happen again," he says.

"Growkans?" asks Growkans, sceptically.

"I promise!" says Cool Trainer Bruce

"Growkans," concedes Growkans, slithering into his arms.

(+1 happiness for Growkans!)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 30, 2013, 12:56:11 pm »

"Now, lets look for some grass types to catch."
To the grass lands!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 30, 2013, 01:55:53 pm »

Go Catersea! Go Pitcher (Abtly)! Pitcher, lift Catersea to get a web Voltcuno. Then use protect to hold Electradrill at bay!

Abtly v Electradrill, Catersea v Voltcuno.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 30, 2013, 05:22:51 pm »

Go Catersea! Go Pitcher (Abtly)! Pitcher, lift Catersea to get a web Voltcuno. Then use protect to hold Electradrill at bay!

Abtly v Electradrill, Catersea v Voltcuno.
Professor Maple sends Catersea up on Picher's ghostly form, in a midair display of derring do, or something approaching that. Catersea shoots out a web against the Voltcuno that flys towards the pair...

[ROLLED 3 (x1 +1 cool) = 4!]

The web splats the Voltcuno, ensnaring its wings; the majestic monster plummets into the undergrowth never to be seen again. Electradrill buzzes over but Pitcher holds it still with poképrotection...

[ROLLED 1 (x1 +1) = 2]

But the protection doesn't hold and the Electradrill follows it up with a brutal bolt of lightning sap that frazzles and dazzles Pitcher the poor Abtly.

+1 happiness to Catersea. -1 happiness to Abtly.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 30, 2013, 06:25:18 pm »

[Kaburow - Kabuto (Rock/Water) Spearow (Normal/Flying)
So, 2 super effectives, 1 normal effective, 1 not very effective = 1x super effective for grass
2 super effectives, 2 normal effectives = 2x super effective for water...

Poryino - Nidorino (Poison) Porygon (Normal)
No super effectives there]

Have Bulbasaur use vine whip to hold the Kaburow in place for
a shot by Squirtle using water gun, unless the Kaburow is knocked out, then change the target to the Poryino.
Capture the pokemon whom are knocked out.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22