Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: POKÉMON FUSION!  (Read 64567 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION! - No One Ever Expects A Butternine Ambush
« Reply #210 on: September 24, 2013, 11:30:17 am »

((Is the Rhynite wild now?))
Yep, it's been added to the list of known escaped pokéfusions.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2013, 11:43:46 am »

Wait for the battle to finish.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2013, 11:43:53 am »

((Hm...I wonder if I should take some already-banked Pokemon, unfuse them, and release them just to mess with people...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 24, 2013, 11:49:12 am »

Psychic Marvin heads off in search of the dojo again (rolled 1 +1 known location= 2) but gets lost in the wilds and is ambushed by a WILD BUTTERNINE
((Oh dear.))

Mist.
Fire.
Flying.
..And-...

Kyra leaned over and whispered to Nine-sure that its aural detection skills were much better than her own.

"Can you heat up the mist a bit to soften up that Dramoth, Nine? Swat it out of the air afterwards, but approach in a zigzag-it'll be confused at the rapid movements. I'm sure that'll work!"

Commence tactical attack.
Spoiler: Kyra Pyre (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2013, 12:08:14 pm »

Psychic Marvin heads off in search of the dojo again (rolled 1 +1 known location= 2) but gets lost in the wilds and is ambushed by a WILD BUTTERNINE
((Oh dear.))
((What?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2013, 07:29:52 pm »

(...holy crap that is the worst pokemon ever to face if you have a grass type.  Thank god I defused.)

Have Squirtle attack the legend.
If Squirtle becomes weak, switch out for Flareon.
If Flareon becomes weak, return Flareon and run.

If the wild pokemon becomes weak, attempt capture, repeatedly.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 25, 2013, 04:23:31 am »

Go, Abtini! Use your psychic abilities to make the Butternine feel ashamed of its embarrassing name!
((Could be worse--what if it was a Butterorb?))
Psychic Marvin, unsurprisingly, invokes the psychic powers of his psychic pokéfusion to psychically provoke shame in the strange pokéfusion before them...

[ROLLED 2 (x1 +1 borderline cool) =3]

The Butternine flushes with embarrassment and skitters off into the distance. Not quite the result they were hoping for, but not a complete disaster.
((Hm...I wonder if I should take some already-banked Pokemon, unfuse them, and release them just to mess with people...))
Unfortunately, the banked Pokémon are permanently removed from the island. Professor Fir has them now.

'Hmm, Abtly. We appear to have company.... Let's wrap this up quick. Though...... ghosts don't need to breathe right?'

Abtly use the poison cloud as cover, sneak attack and distract it. I'll go for the catch.
Professor Maple sends her trusty ghost into the fray, the Abtly intermingling with the poisonous clouds...

[ROLLED 2 (x2 +1)= 5!] It's super effective!

Abtly blindsides the Goldzing and while it's reeling Professor Maple sends out her pokéball for the catch!

Congratutions! Professor Maple caught a Goldzing!
Spoiler: Goldzing (click to show/hide)

The victory is short lived, for who should she find there, but the sinister figure of Team Rocket Clair!

Mist.
Fire.
Flying.
..And-...

Kyra leaned over and whispered to Nine-sure that its aural detection skills were much better than her own.

"Can you heat up the mist a bit to soften up that Dramoth, Nine? Swat it out of the air afterwards, but approach in a zigzag-it'll be confused at the rapid movements. I'm sure that'll work!"

Commence tactical attack.
Kyra Pyre's Ninenine warms up the mist, it runs in drabbles off the brow of the Dramoth before them.

[ROLLED 5 (x2 +1 cool) =11!] It's super effective!

The Dramoth wilts and swoons and is easily batted right into the embrace of Kyra Pyre's pokéball! (+1 happiness for all!)

Congratulations! Kyra Pyre caught a Dramoth!

Spoiler: Dramoth (click to show/hide)

Have Squirtle attack the legend.
If Squirtle becomes weak, switch out for Flareon.
If Flareon becomes weak, return Flareon and run.

If the wild pokemon becomes weak, attempt capture, repeatedly.

Unfortunately, Honoku rules prohibit pokéswitching. Think about this carefully: which single Pokémon do you want to attack (or defend against) the Voltcuno? Remember, you can get an additional point towards the roll if you come up with a cool tactic (look at Tiruin's last few posts).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 25, 2013, 08:26:24 am »

Unfortunately, the banked Pokémon are permanently removed from the island. Professor Fir has them now.
I meant that if I caught a Charkarp or something and defused it, I could potentially release a Charmeleon and a Magikarp onto the island.

Also, didn't you say that Abtini was one victory away from evolution?
Sig

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 25, 2013, 08:49:01 am »

I meant that if I caught a Charkarp or something and defused it, I could potentially release a Charmeleon and a Magikarp onto the island.

Also, didn't you say that Abtini was one victory away from evolution?
Ah yes, you could do that.

Your last bout wasn't a victory. The pokéfusion escaped. A result of '3', as you'll see in the OP, leads to no happiness gain and thus no chance of evolving.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION! - Well ain't that a Goldzinger!
« Reply #219 on: September 25, 2013, 08:55:02 am »

Alright.

Find another Pokemon, one with a better chance of an amusing way to use psychic attacks on it.
Sig

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 25, 2013, 12:55:57 pm »

"Ah occupied!"
Krab-Two, use psychic claw.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 25, 2013, 01:25:30 pm »

Keep hunting.

'Good one Abtly. You really will need a name if you go on like this.[/i]
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 25, 2013, 04:12:45 pm »

"Ah occupied!"
Krab-Two, use psychic claw.
Cool Trainer Bruce keeps it cool and keeps it Krabby, ordering the much coveted Krabtwo into the fray...

[ROLLED 6 (x1) =6!]

The Krabtwo snaps onto the Voltras, and calmly manoeuvres it into an open pokéball (+1 happiness to all!)

Congratulations! Cool Trainer Bruce caught a Voltros!

Spoiler: Voltros (click to show/hide)

(I haven't forgotten about you others, only anailater hadn't had a turn for a while.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 25, 2013, 05:57:20 pm »

"Good work Nine!" Kyra said, following it up with a hug on the pokemon.

She looked up at the heavenly body, and glanced aside, seeing her friend do the same. "Beautiful, huh? You think we should rest here a bit before venturing on?"

She felt a nudge on her side, and sat down, enjoying the scenery and freshness of the air.

Rest. Bond with Nine. Perhaps random encounter if you want to throw a battle in here?

Spoiler: Kyra Pyre (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:34:07 pm by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 25, 2013, 06:09:21 pm »

((You know, you now have two mothy Mons. Shouldn't you share? I'd be willing to trade for your Dramoth.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22