Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: POKÉMON FUSION!  (Read 64557 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: POKÉMON FUSION!
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2013, 05:23:25 am »

"So no power plant, huh. Lets see if there is a Poké-graveyard."

Theolet searches after the closest Poké-graveyard.

((By the way, I find it hilarious that Theolet has been confused as female. I mean look at him:))

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2013, 06:32:53 am »

Marvin: Use Tackle!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2013, 04:39:43 pm »

"Show it the power of team rocket, Charshrew!"

Capture it.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2013, 06:23:02 pm »

((I was waiting on those 'other actions' to see what Dwarmin was facing :P

Don't forget all those posts after Hugehead, downwards!))

"Pretty..strange thing, don't you agree Vulithe? Tap its nose. Seems to be hurt."

"Vulithe, use Bop!" Kyra shouted, pointing straight at the Digtata and staring it down.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2013, 11:55:21 pm »

Find another, slower thing for me to fight!
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2013, 07:11:59 am »

"QUICK, Wrap around him and set your scales fur alight!"
Battle Music Time!
Cool Trainer Bruce sends his Growkans out, to wrap around the wild Weepinchop.
[ROLLED 2 (x1 +1 cool) = 3]
The Weepinchop, disliking being on fire, picks up the Growkans and tosses it aside, before darting into the long grass! Growkans is unhurt and ready to fight some more.

There is now an ESCAPED WEEPINCHOP in the wilds!

Action: Keep tromping toward the sound of water!
Gardener Blue and his trusty Zuish smell water nearby (rolled 4 (+1 prior search) = 5!), and soon they arrive at the edge of a great lake. Zuish burbles, pointing a leaf at a foul cloud poisoning the water. A oozing miasma that's getting closer... a WILD GRIKING has appeared!

Theolet searches after the closest Poké-graveyard.
Aroma Hiker Theolet womanfully strides in search of a pokégraveyard (rolled 5 (-1 rare location)= 4!) and after some hours of hiking, she arrives at the crooked gates of an abandoned pokécemetery, ivymoss strewn across fading stones and a eerie fog shrouding all. His Oddude shuffles closer, nervously. Suddenly, out of the mist comes the undead caw of a WILD DOTLY!

Marvin: Use Tackle!
Psychic Marvin entreates his Abmander to tackle the great orange Kingtwo. Abmander runs and tackles with brutal efficacy but his psychic nature is easily picked up by the Kingtwo.
[Rolled 6 (x.5 + 0) = 3] It's not very effective!

Despite giving all he could, Psychic Marvin's Abmander fails to take down the Kingtwo, which laughs maniacally and teleports off. He knows from his time at the psychic training academy that psychic type pokémon fair poorly against each other. Still, Abmander is unharmed and ready for more fights.

There is now an ESCAPED KINGTWO in the wilds!

"Show it the power of team rocket, Charshrew!"

Capture it.
Team Rocket Clair sends her Charshrew out against the Exeggtle that had already confounded one trainer today.

[ROLLED 5 (x0.5 + 0) = 3!]  It's not very effective!

The Charshrew spurts a little puff of flame at the Exeggtle, which instantly puffs to steam on the Exeggtle's wet exterior. Before Charshrew can follow up another volley, the Exeggtle takes its leave, darting into the undergrowth.

The ESCAPED EXEGGTLE has escaped again!

"Pretty..strange thing, don't you agree Vulithe? Tap its nose. Seems to be hurt."

"Vulithe, use Bop!" Kyra shouted, pointing straight at the Digtata and staring it down.
Kyra Pyre entreats her trusty Vulithe to bop the Digtata on it's shiny red nose.

[Rolled 4 (x1 +1 cool) = 5!]

Kyra Pyre's Vulithe bounds quickly across the charred grasslands, leaping for the Digtata's nose. It tries to bury below but Vulithe grabs it by the tail and drags it back to Kyra Pyre, who picks it up and puts it in a pokéball.

Congratulations! Kyra Pyre caught a Digtata!

Spoiler: Digtata (click to show/hide)

Find another, slower thing for me to fight!
Camper Liam and his stalwart Slowdude head deeper into the jungles. The air is thick and humid and it is not long until they find themselves thoroughly lost amidst the undergrowth. The first sign that something was heading their way was the vile perfume filling the air, catching in their throats. 'Slowdude!' cries Slowdude, slowly pointing to rustling in the bushes, as out rushes... a WILD GLOONX!

Quick reminder: the primary type of a pokéfusion forms its attack type, the secondary type informs its defence type. You can elect to wait and allow the other pokémon to attack you first. Remember also that giving a sentence or two describing your attacking strategy in a cool way always gives you an additional +1 to the attack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2013, 07:18:24 am »

App!
Professor Maple arrives at Honoku, her loyal Abtly floating sleepily at her side. Professor Fir back at the Institute informs her that no pokémon have been banked yet, so there is still much work yet to do!

Is there a waitlist for this?  Because if there is I think I'll make a sheet.
You can join in any time, just make a sheet and you're here! I'll only impose a player-cap if new influx gets too unwieldy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2013, 07:21:57 am »

If I wanted Abmander to tackle him, I would have said "Abmander: Use Tackle!"

Is it possible to convince you to rerun my turn?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2013, 07:25:10 am »

"Just like we practiced Zuish! Hit it with Leech Seed!" Blue said.

Zuish bopped toward the ugly fish, firing leech seeds! They would continue to hurt the fish from a distance and heal Zuish, even if it tried to dive underwater...

Action: Attack!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2013, 07:29:34 am »

((Gloonx xD Ok that really got me.

Also, allow me to track my stats. It seems updating the OP may take a toll on you--I'll watch my Vulithe's happiness thanks ^ ^))

"Woohoo! You go, Vulithe! I wonder if it's ok calling you by your name here. Did a good job on that Digitata though. C'mon, we're nearing the end of this stretch of road," Kyra said, petting and somewhat snuggling her pokemon as she oriented its gaze towards the end of the road with a signatory point and glance.

"One more brush in the grass? Hopefully we'll find one more. Let's do what we do best (other than try to burn it down)!"

The hunt in long grass continues. Chapter I, Act III. "Where are the pokemon?"

Spoiler: Kyra Pyre (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 07:50:47 am by Tiruin »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2013, 08:14:32 am »

"Sorry boy, climb up here."
Let My Growkans wrap around my neck, search for a haunted house or some such.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2013, 08:34:58 am »

"Oh well, let keep moving Charshrew!"

Find mon
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2013, 08:52:57 am »

If I wanted Abmander to tackle him, I would have said "Abmander: Use Tackle!"

Is it possible to convince you to rerun my turn?
Ah, that was just the description. The effectiveness was decided by the attack and defence types. Abmander's psychic attack type was ineffective vs. the psychic defence of the Kingtwo. Remember you can give an inventive attack description, you can flee, or allow the defender to attack first instead (although this wouldn't have helped in this case as Kingtwo would have been attacking with water vs. Abmander's fire defence type). You can also try to find specific escaped pokéfusions (now listed in the second page of the thread)

"Just like we practiced Zuish! Hit it with Leech Seed!" Blue said.

Zuish bopped toward the ugly fish, firing leech seeds! They would continue to hurt the fish from a distance and heal Zuish, even if it tried to dive underwater...

Action: Attack!
Gardener Blue sends his Zuish against their favoured foe, the Griking!

[ROLLED 6 (x1 +1 favoured foe +1 cool) = 8!!!]

The leech seeds go flying into the odious fish that squirts foul gloop at Zuish. Zuish rolls to one side and follows up with a spurt of poison. The Griking is so impressed by the poisonous Zuish that it decides to join Team Gardener Blue of its own accord! (+1 happiness for everyone!)

Congratulations! Gardener Blue has a caught a Griking!

Spoiler: Griking (click to show/hide)

Also, allow me to track my stats. It seems updating the OP may take a toll on you--I'll watch my Vulithe's happiness thanks ^ ^))
I'll try to keep it up to date, but tracking your own stats as well might be handy.
Heh, yeah, I know the difference, but sometimes errors can sneak in.
The hunt in long grass continues. Chapter I, Act III. "Where are the pokemon?"
Kyra Pyre comes to the end of the grassy plain, the last bit of grass scorched away. Vulithe yaps as something skitters out the last patch of grass... it's a WILD AEROFETCH'D!

"Sorry boy, climb up here."
Let My Growkans wrap around my neck, search for a haunted house or some such.
Cool Trainer Bruce decides to go looking for a haunted house (rolled 6 (-1 rare location) = 5!), and soon finds a ramshackled building, overgrown with weedfusions. Growkans barks from his shoulders as something emerges out of the darkness... a WILD AEROGAR!

"Oh well, let keep moving Charshrew!"

Find mon
Team Rocket Clair goes looking for trouble, but trouble finds her in the form of an ESCAPED GOLTA!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:08:08 am by notquitethere »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2013, 09:22:50 am »

"Great...we have to attack first, Charshrew."

Charshrew run into range before Golta can do anything and slashes at the horse like fusemon.

attack

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2013, 09:24:18 am »

Wait, so human-on-Pokemon combat isn't a thing?

Have Abmander teleport after Kingtwo!
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22