Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: POKÉMON FUSION!  (Read 64516 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
POKÉMON FUSION!
« on: September 04, 2013, 09:00:10 am »

POKÉMON FUSION
Gotta mutate 'em all

GAME CLOSED (The game actions weren't interesting enough to sustain another 100 captures: GreatWyrmGold won!)

We're a 3rd of the way through with three solid contenders having emerged. Let's spice things up! If you're new to the game or returning after not playing for a while, you can create a character as per the rules below (or bring back an old one), with the added bonus of one extra starter pokéfusion and a Master Ball. Can you beat the established Honoku trainers?

You are a crack squad of pokémon trainers, sent by Professor Fir to the mysterious island of Honoku to bring back the pokémon found there.

This is a roll to dodge game about catching bizarre pokémon creations. Anyone can jump in and create a character at any time. You get to make a starting pokéfused pokémon and you get to start catching pokémon. The game ends when the players have collectively banked all 151 pokémon (or all active players have lost all their pokémon). There'll be a ranking of who banked the most pokémon.

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fused Pokémon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pokérules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Happiness (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trainer Fights (click to show/hide)

I'll add more to the above if people have clarifications and queries. Good luck noble Pokétrainers!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 12:16:11 pm by notquitethere »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 09:07:28 am »

Active Players
Spoiler: Professor Maple (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lab assistant Douglas (click to show/hide)

Missing Players
Spoiler: Tamer Danath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aroma Hiker Theolet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Karate Biker Joe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known Escaped Pokémon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pokémon Banked 61/151 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 06:29:27 am by notquitethere »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 09:17:41 am »

Spoiler: Marvin (click to show/hide)
To clarify: Is it the first or second that is the primary Pokemon?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:18:17 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 09:19:02 am »

The horror...

Name: Gardener Blue
Appearance: A young man with a fit look, messy brown hair, pale green eyes and a pair of round glasses. Wears the gear of a gardener. Too bad apricorns and berries wont exist till next gen...
Starting Pokémon: Zubat+Oddish=Zuish!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Personality Trait: Favored Foe/Water
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:38:25 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 09:25:09 am »

Spoiler: Marvin (click to show/hide)
Starting Pokémon: Staryu+Geodude=Stardude!
Sorry GreatWyrmGold and Dwarmin, Dratini and Staryu aren't allowed in starting pokéfusion as they're #147 and #120 respectively:
Starting Pokémon: (Any combination of any two unevolved pokémon from the initial 100 (Bulbasaur to Voltorb, minus 2nd and 3rd tier evolutions)
This rule is there to ensure that at least a third of pokémon banked have to have been originally found in the wild.

To clarify: Is it the first or second that is the primary Pokemon?
The first Pokemon is the primary pokemon, the second is the secondary. I'll amend the OP to make this clearer.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 09:26:20 am »

Ah, I missed that rule lol XD

Just took what the random gave me. Redoing now.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 09:36:29 am »

Dear gods, NQT. Doing an RTD.

A Pokemon RTD.

Name: Kyra Pyre
Appearance: A young woman with a lean figure, natural reddish-'orange' hair, and light bluish eyes with a silken scarf wrapped all comfy around her neck, accentuating her appearance. She wears an assorted mix of garments which usually go along the 'scholar'-look, and wears her hair at medium length, naturally falling until shoulder height. She also wears a belt complete with pouches and all other things designed to carry equipment.

Oh, and wears an owl-styled hairpin. It is brownish in coloration.

Starting Pokémon: Vulithe
Spoiler: (Vulpix + Growlithe) (click to show/hide)
Personality Trait: Fire Affinity
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:08:59 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 09:39:14 am »

My sheet should be fix'd now.

And Tiru finally makes one! :)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 09:49:31 am »

RESERVE DARNIT.
There are no maximum number of trainers, but I'll take your reservation on board  :D

Gardener Blue arrives on the strange isle of Honoku. Bizarre pokécalls echo in the jungles beyond and the air is thick and humid. Zuish burbles poisonously at his side. The adventure has begun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 10:04:56 am »

And Tiru finally makes one! :)
I'm still making the one for your RTD because I really really REALLY want to make it fit but then I'm still busy making it work and sorry and Hi and :D

Done my sheet :i Note ahead that I have missed half of my childhood not knowing pokemon and only got traces of it from friends and relatives.

:/

Or how to play any pokemon RTD.

Edit: I love your pokemon Dwarmin. xD
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:07:25 am by Tiruin »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 10:12:34 am »

OH YES.

Name: Bug Catcher Marceline
Appearance: A girl with red hair always covered by her straw hat. She's fairly optimistic and loves all plant/bug Pokemon
Starting Pokémon: CATERBAT
Personality Trait: Loyal

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 10:13:39 am »

Sorry GreatWyrmGold and Dwarmin, Dratini and Staryu aren't allowed in starting pokéfusion as they're #147 and #120 respectively.
Note to self: Check the PokeNumber.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 10:22:31 am »

Name: Team Rocket(It a quiet month okay) Clair
Appearance: A red haired teenage in a team rocket outfit.
Starting Pokémon: Charshrew
Personality Trait: Type affinity(Fire)

also
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:35:58 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 10:23:12 am »

Blue plummeted from the clean sky in a dive, activating his parachute at a safe distance from the hard ground. The wide jungles of Honoku stretched under him, as he floated slowly down, guiding himself to a clearing.

He frowned, watching the Fearow-mounted cameraman flying some distance away.

Yes, he supposed the camera's would never stop filming, in case they missed his horrible doom.

He crouched down, inspecting some of the strange flora.

"...So, the plants are fused too..." He said to himself, picking at a strange berry and placing it in a storage container-purely for science. The reason he was here, was that if he was smart and lucky, he'd get enough catches to win the reality tv show he was currently on-'You have to catch all of them! -Season 2/Frantic Fusion Frenzy!'-he wasn't sure if any of the other competitors were on the island, but knew they were jetting all around the world-they had to catch all of them to win, of course.

The prize was enough pokedollars to buy ten masterballs...

Given Blue's skills, he thought it would be best to hunt down some water-pokemon to start. He whistled for Zuish, who bopped obediently alongside him. For now.

Action: Start looking for a source of water...

((OOC: Anyone can jump in on my gameshow background if they want to explain why they came to the island. :P Who knows how many competitors there are!))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 10:57:11 am »

Given Blue's skills, he thought it would be best to hunt down some water-pokemon to start. He whistled for Zuish, who bopped obediently alongside him. For now.

Action: Start looking for a source of water...
Gardener Blue strides boldly off into the wilds, marvelling at the strange and wondrous plants surrounding him. Though he was looking for water (rolled a 2!), he was distracted by  a curious cross between a poppy flower and a rubber tree. Zuish squeals as suddenly, out of the brush, sidles a WILD RHYNX!

Meanwhile, more trainers arrive on the beach— part of contingent from the fire gym on the nearby island, Kyra Pyre. Idling past her is the dangerously pale psychic, Marvin, looking to make a name for himself, and Bug Catcher Marceline with her giant net. Following them all at a distance, with a sly look in her eye is Team Rocket Clair looking to bank the most pokémon for her villainous organization.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22