Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Rewolucja! A Game of Revolution and Uprisings TURN 7  (Read 17724 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rewolucja! A Game of Revolution and Uprisings TURN 6
« Reply #240 on: October 07, 2013, 04:00:02 pm »

Before we get that set up though, we need to sort out two things: The capital, and cabinet positions.

While I am biased towards the government being set in Pila, I will say that any chance of me joining the government (Or starting it) requires me to have both the president, and foreign minister positions.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 07, 2013, 04:01:50 pm »

this is around the point where i'm going to need player names in the organization spoilers so i know who i'm even talking to

i had to look up urist in the signups damnit

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 07, 2013, 04:28:33 pm »

The fuck is this? I'm losing men left and right and they barely sustain scratches? That doesnt make much sense to me right now.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 07, 2013, 05:28:53 pm »

The fuck is this? I'm losing men left and right and they barely sustain scratches? That doesnt make much sense to me right now.
Rostov loses 35% of its involved force whenever it loses a battle. Witkovian losses are reduced depending on the IS we have in a province. There's also the matter of us effectively doubling our fighting strength by Commanding while still taking normal losses.

Another glorious victory! But the city was still, technically, under Rostovian control. Witkovians controlled the streets, true, but sympathizers had barricaded themselves in the key buildings. Without the WLF troops available to root them out, the city would not be truely liberated.
The 155 WLF partisans in Recz move to Glogow.
177 partisans are recruited in Glogow (despite the increased cost).
Leopold Kaminsky Persuades in Glogow.

(Could I maybe hire those mercenaries Rostov isn't buying? I've hit my manpower limit, and without a government I'm going nowhere fast.)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 07, 2013, 06:37:08 pm »

The short answer is what swordsmith04 said. The long answer is that the game was initially focused on the revolutionaries, so the Rostovians were designed to be large, threatening and not much else. Hence why you can't really do much besides combat.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 07, 2013, 06:59:12 pm »

Continue to Petition the Sultan's court for more help and use whatever funds left over to raise even MORE troops in recz.

A letter to all organizations is sent via pigeons and mysterious hooded entities.

TO: Revolutionary Leaders
Subjects: Objectives

The Victory at Recz has emboldened the sultan of our ability to fight off the Rostavian Oppressors again. We must continue to do so if we have any chance of increased support. I may even be willing to ask the sultan to lend me the aid of one of his "Special Guard Captains". These individuals specialize in destabilizing countries as well as fighting on the field. If successful we may use him as a terrible foe to unleash the beginning of the end of Rostavian might in our country. I would like to thank The Feild commander of the NMG Konstatyn. Your effort and skill was one key of our victory.

However, the other key is the might of our forces when they organised the ambushes and the final charge that broke the Rostavians back. We must aim to rebuild against the Cazar's new Second witkovian army. He boasts it will destroy but i am not concerned but ready to see it break. Once we see their new might we will attack center with all of our troops at the command of Konstatyn {should he accept the opportunity or anyone else willing to organize our contingents}.

A Huge applauds to Leopold. My forward scouts tell me of your liberation of the cathedral and how the angels of the sky fought along your men. I sir am humbled a man like you could call the heavens to our aid.

Finally i have one last thing to inform you all of. We must unify now i don't care what bottom feeding position i get but we need a goverment if were going to look more legitimatize and effectively fight of the rostavians. I suggest someone come up with a plan to liberate our motherlands old capital sooner rather than later i don't mind sending me to die for "formality".

A seal of a burning skull with witkovian rifles for teeth stamps the letter.

Garrison commander and staff officers in Recz: HOOORAY!

GC: Good job boys that sent the rostavians packing and just look at the loot we got from them. Why we could arm even more men than we have!

Stf: Sir what now though? Aren't they going to comeback in more numbers?!

GC: aye and hopefully we can get this government up. Without it we have to rely on everyone arming and moving more troops in recz to fortify.

Stf: Maybe we can hit them first?

GF: *looks weirdly* last time we did that we were made to look weak. But if we unified...the big if again. Damn this condition we have to unify. Salvage more weapons and arm as many as we can. Recz wont fall this war!

Stf: Yes sir ill begin preparations sir!

Class is back in Session: an after a rousing patriotic story by the teacher she brings in veterans to give personel accounts of that day. The children in awe give standing ovations for each veteran. Then a student asks "why didn't they form a goverment?". The teacher responds "sometimes good things come late child and revolutionaries had other things to worry about correct?". The Veterans Continue the story up until...

OOC: thoughts on going on the offensive?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 07, 2013, 07:01:30 pm »

* Taricus points out he already has troops in Pila. Just needs to wait the one turn to actually control it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 08, 2013, 08:16:41 am »

* Taricus points out he already has troops in Pila. Just needs to wait the one turn to actually control it.

Hooray the letter worked! Now let's make tarcius president since he DID capture pila. An konstatyn Head of military stuff because he did organize our troops.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 08, 2013, 12:34:05 pm »

Heinral Lowkow will PERSUADE in ZAGAN (15)
The troops in Recz (6) march into WOLBROM (13).
Troops will be hired in WOLBROM (13) to bring the forces marching there to full strength.

Hooray the letter worked! Now let's make tarcius president since he DID capture pila. An konstatyn Head of military stuff because he did organize our troops.
Letter?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 08, 2013, 10:22:52 pm »

Persuade in Janowo if WFPP doesn't do anything there.
Otherwise, Overthrow in Glogow.
1000 troops are to move into Skoki from Jastkow. Unless Rostovia reinforces it from Miedza.
1000 troops are to move into Dobra from Plazow, unless Rostovia reinforces Skoki.
If Rostovia reinforces Skoki, invade Miedza with all 2000 troops. Unless they reinforce both somehow...then I'll make a new action.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 09, 2013, 07:32:22 am »

Okay, I'm gonna suggest going on the offensive with our armies in Recz again. We could hit Drawno (7) now and prevent the dogs from reforming elsewhere. I can bring in an extra 1000 men from Janowo, but I can't go for it alone.

The Blue Guards would also like to state that any interference in their affairs in Janowo (22) will be met with immediate reprisal. So unless you're providing Control to me, you better back off.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 09, 2013, 11:24:20 am »

Okay, I'm gonna suggest going on the offensive with our armies in Recz again. We could hit Drawno (7) now and prevent the dogs from reforming elsewhere. I can bring in an extra 1000 men from Janowo, but I can't go for it alone.

The Blue Guards would also like to state that any interference in their affairs in Janowo (22) will be met with immediate reprisal. So unless you're providing Control to me, you better back off.

Hell i'd be happy to give you my support but only if you can amass ALL of the different forces in recz from each of the factions. Other than that my orders from above stay the same.

EDIT: oops no contingency If the blue gaurds cannot rally all of the different factions in Recz for an assault at drawno then i'm going to sitback petition and arm more troops. BTW how fast does manpower regenerate if at all?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:26:17 am by 3man75 »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #252 on: October 09, 2013, 04:59:44 pm »

Can someone please tell me how to pronounce the first word in the thread's title because I swear it makes me pause and stare every time I scroll through my new replies.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 09, 2013, 05:09:17 pm »

Can someone please tell me how to pronounce the first word in the thread's title because I swear it makes me pause and stare every time I scroll through my new replies.

It's pronounced exactly how it looks. :D

I'm only half joking. Treat the w like a v, and the ja like a ya, and you'll do a passable enough pronunciation for Google Translate.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #254 on: October 09, 2013, 05:20:31 pm »

It's pronounced exactly how it looks. :D

I'm only half joking. Treat the w like a v, and the ja like a ya, and you'll do a passable enough pronunciation for Google Translate.
My mind is now at peace. Rest now, my weary soul.  The worst has come to pass.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18