Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: (TSG) Station Day - Day One, Arrival  (Read 10466 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (TSG) Station Day - Day One, Arrival
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2013, 02:47:29 am »

Thank him, apologize for the inconvenience and let them go through.
Add some words about how glorious the Sultan is, and we are good. I guess.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2013, 07:22:33 am »

Thank him, apologize for the inconvenience and let them go through.
+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2013, 09:21:57 pm »

Day One - Hours Left [4/12]
His majesty the Sultan has determined that you may pass. Walk on then, and cause no trouble while you are on His lands. The merchants pull their clothes back around them and resume their journey without another word.

Haru can see two men riding horses. Their faces are hidden by head wraps. They both openly wear swords, and one carries an autorifle slung about his back. Guns are uncommon, but not illegal. Kensham as he stands with you in the shade of the tower comments that it's nearly every day that raiders pass through this valley.

---

Station
Captain's Hut - A dried clay building that has a bed, a desk for important documents and a heavy wardrobe with a lock for clothing, weapons and other important items, as well as a wooden door for added privacy and safety
Barracks - A squat, open building made from wicker packed dirt that can comfortably house 20 men; also used to store arms and supplies
Small Tower - Three tall logs leant against one another and lashed together at the top; provides a vantage point for guards
Prison Box - Safely accommodates 1 prisoner
Well - A hole in the ground where water is drawn from

Personnel
--8 Green Militia--
Assal - Spear
Lola - Spear
Hon - Scimitar
Plisk - Scimitar
Jamai - Scimitar
Ghorma - Scimitar
Kensham - Laspistol
Haru - Marksman Pattern Lasrifle

Stores
2 Spears
4 Scimitars
1 Lasrifle, Marksman Pattern
1 Laspistol
1 Starved Horse

Procedure
- Allow merchants and natives
- Run the poor off
- Deal with others as you see fit
- Honour the Sultan

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Possessions
Scimitar
Auto-Revolver
Order Deposition
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:35:56 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2013, 12:17:21 am »

Make a thorough investigation on them.
Do tell Haru to be trigger-happy, should they try anything funny. Itīs either one of our men or them, if push comes to shove. We do not want to risk the former.

While I will not advocate it, we might want to think about a shake-down. An autorifle would do us well.

We always can say that they "were asking for it" with trying something funny. Actually, if they do not seem like servants of the sultan, we really should consider it.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2013, 08:12:28 am »

Ask them what their business is. Be wary.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2013, 08:31:31 am »

+1.

Btw, Gunin. What anime is the GIF avatar from? The one with the girl flicking her hands?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2013, 02:36:16 pm »

DO NOT tell Haru to be trigger happy, but do tell him to be ready. also send someone to wake up anyone sleeping, just in case. But they are to stay out of sight.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2013, 02:37:40 pm »

+1 to everything but telling Haru to be trigger happy

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2013, 05:25:22 pm »

Ask them what their business is. Be wary.
+1
DO NOT tell Haru to be trigger happy, but do tell him to be ready. also send someone to wake up anyone sleeping, just in case. But they are to stay out of sight.
+1 to being ready, disagreed with waking the others, they should be rested for later and between us, Haru, Kensham, and anyone else on duty we could probably handle it. Meh I guess it cant hurt to be careful so +1, still waking them all for two men seems a bit much.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2013, 07:04:56 pm »

You can never know whats under robes. or on horses.

Also, get beard awake and ready, he may have a ride ahead of him.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2013, 10:14:56 pm »

+1.

Btw, Gunin. What anime is the GIF avatar from? The one with the girl flicking her hands?
I actually don't know. I stole it from someone on some other board that I don't even frequent. If you ever find out let me know.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2013, 11:35:16 pm »

Day One - Hours Left [4/12]
You ask Haru to keep an extra watchful eye out, and after a few full seconds of waiting he gives you a half-nod without looking away from his scope, as if it were an afterthought. You tell Kensham to be ready for a fight, but stop him before he runs to the barracks. Leave the men to their rest, just take the horse and be wary. He opens his mouth as if to say something, then snaps it shut as he thinks better of it, trotting off to prepare his horse.

The strangers approach at a slow walk, rearing their horses to a quiet stop a few metres away from Assal and Lola, and before the two can make their usual announcements one of the nomads speaks up. What is the meaning of this? I have never seen an outpost here before. He tries to sound casual, but you detect an edge of barely noticeable anxiety in his tone. You approach them, walking past the safety of your spearmen to address them personally, and explain the purpose of the station. There's a long pause after you finish in which everything seems to slow to a crawl. After what feels like nearly an hour of listening to nothing but the snuffling of their horses and the whistling of the breeze, the silence is finally broken.

You mean to search us then?

Another long pause.

Yes.

The tension hangs in the air like a frayed thread pulled taught, ready to snap. Your hand drifts unconsciously to the loaded and cocked autorevolver holstered at your waist, and you can hear one of the men behind you nervously adjusting the grip on his spear. You don't dare risk a glance to see if Haru is paying attention to any of this, lest the man with the autorifle exploit your distraction and shoot you down. You're struck with a sudden sobering clarity as you realise the true meaning of your position in this godforsaken place, that hairy situations such as these is the heart your job as a captain, and your next decision could be the meaning life or death for you and your men.

---

Station
Captain's Hut - A dried clay building that has a bed, a desk for important documents and a heavy wardrobe with a lock for clothing, weapons and other important items, as well as a wooden door for added privacy and safety
Barracks - A squat, open building made from wicker packed dirt that can comfortably house 20 men; also used to store arms and supplies
Small Tower - Three tall logs leant against one another and lashed together at the top; provides a vantage point for guards
Prison Box - Safely accommodates 1 prisoner
Well - A hole in the ground where water is drawn from

Personnel
--8 Green Militia--
Assal - Spear
Lola - Spear
Hon - Scimitar
Plisk - Scimitar
Jamai - Scimitar
Ghorma - Scimitar
Kensham - Laspistol
Haru - Marksman Pattern Lasrifle

Stores
Total Inventory
2 Spears
4 Scimitars
1 Lasrifle, Marksman Pattern
1 Laspistol
1 Starved Horse

In Storage
---

Procedure
- Allow merchants and natives
- Run the poor off
- Deal with others as you see fit
- Honour the Sultan

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Possessions
Scimitar
Autorevolver
Order Deposition
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:38:33 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2013, 01:21:56 am »

At the end of each day I'll reveal to you all the traits, qualities and affiliations of each group that you allowed through the station, and depending on how well your instincts served you you'll receive mixed shipments of kit and personnel as a reward for you to organise the next morning. If there's something you really think you need then you can also send a letter of appeal to the officials in charge of your post. As a requirement however, you actually have to write a short note explaining why you really really need this thing that you think you need.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2013, 01:52:47 am »

This... is difficult indeed. We really should make a sign with Haru that tells him to shoot. Provided we come out alive of this, that is.

If we actually already thought that far ahead, I say we might as well do so.

They are showing hostility to the military and are armed. In a quite lawless zone to boot. That is asking for it. End of discussion.
No, really - they could be the end of us, and or some of our men. All even if Mr. Autorifle manages to get a few good shots in.

If not, well. Let's try diplomacy, while ready to snap out the revolver.

"It is only a small formality... - or would there be a problem with that?" Seems like an appropriate follow-up. At least to gauge their reaction.

If they show any more hostility, I say we take a shot at Mr. Autorifle.

Obviously we fall back immediatly, because his pal is on a horse. Thats a job for our two spearmen and Kensham. Well, not like we will not help, but our reach is smaller than his, and we want to regroup with the others for that purpose. Unless you guys want to rambo both of them.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2013, 02:18:35 pm »

Agreed to all of them. And if they go and attack us and we get a rifle out of it we should get Haru to train someone with it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11