Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: High school, first impressions, pros'n'cons or: "Adios pomidore"  (Read 4845 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: High school, first impressions, pros'n'cons or: "Adios pomidore"
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 09:45:22 am »

I actually enjoyed starting High School because I had a wider range of subjects to do that I was interested in and new people to meet.

Jimbobq11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 11:07:07 am »

Xantalos, I do the exact same thing, but, I do it all the time, on all of my "friends". On topic: Yeah, you should really watch out for rappers, they rapped at me too.
Its not what your country can do for you, its what your country can steal from other countries! -Some dude

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 12:02:42 pm »

It's not hard, the people are decent, and the teachers are all competent.
Bwah, I wish. My school sends 25% of students to the Ivy Leagues for a god-damned reason. Even given my intelligence, I'm bad at the whole, school, studying, Homework, things, and I'm suffering. Actually I'm only good at tests. Really damn good at them though. My entire life at high-school is being upset because of Grades, not a uncommon though at my school.

- terminally low amount of girls in the school (we have one, and another class is fully male)
40% here, though it seems lower.

I actually enjoyed starting High School because I had a wider range of subjects to do that I was interested in and new people to meet.
I disliked starting High School because I had a wider range of subjects to deal with that affected my grades and new people to ignore me and not make friends with.

Xantalos, I do the exact same thing, but, I do it all the time, on all of my "friends". On topic: Yeah, you should really watch out for rappers, they rapped at me too.
[/quote]Hmm? I've only had a few Epic Rap Battles of history rapped at me.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 01:38:23 pm »

I, too, can do fucking amazing at tests (apart from foreign languages because seriously fuck that shit) but awfully at having to work in my own time.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 01:43:58 pm »

I socialized with my High school classmates only in the last two years.
Spent the first three getting to the top of the bully chain by doing absolutely nothing but smiling.
It is actually disheartening when you realize you're far, far better at making friends with bullies simply because you have no preconceptions then making friends with other people because they do have preconceptions.

Many bullies just want to be accepted and to be the center of attention. By giving them attention, I had meat shields.
Felt so much like an evil overlord back in those times.
Ah...good old days.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 02:31:29 pm »

It's not hard, the people are decent, and the teachers are all competent.
Nice one. I lol'd.
One of those three statements is true.
Unless you go to a religious high school.  Then all three statements are false.
[snipped own arguments. These are American religious high schools you're talking about]

On a side note, these people are usually quite competent. They do have completely wrong degrees and curriculum for their jobs though.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 02:35:00 pm »

Spent the first three getting to the top of the bully chain by doing absolutely nothing but smiling.
Oh god.... I remember that i absolutely scared my school bullies crapless by doing this. Just a slightly joker-esque smile, and no one will screw with you. Even if you are the schools biggest geek.

... I've just realised i have the strangest reputation ever. Somewhere between a psychopath and a geek.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 03:01:57 pm »

It is actually disheartening when you realize you're far, far better at making friends with bullies simply because you have no preconceptions then making friends with other people because they do have preconceptions.

Many bullies just want to be accepted and to be the center of attention. By giving them attention, I had meat shields.
Felt so much like an evil overlord back in those times.
Ah...good old days.

This is genius in all the best ways.

In retrospect, everyone probably thought I was high all the time during middle school/high school. I was on a medication that made me half-asleep at least 100% of the time, so walking around with a [10] guy face and being super friendly/happy is maybe the reason those old classmates were like "wow you got serious" in college.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 03:14:12 pm »

I had a friend who was like that except he was genuinely high. He used to smoke joints at lunch.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 03:16:41 pm »

High School is great, if you choose to spend it that way, if you just want to fuck around and fail at life then it will be shitty for you.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 03:59:34 pm »

High School is great, if you choose to spend it that way, if you just want to fuck around and fail at life then it will be shitty for you.
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. There is a significant correlation between how much someone is prone to fucking around and how happy they look.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 04:09:10 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. There is a significant correlation between how much someone is prone to fucking around and how happy they look.

Well let me rephrase then, because fucking around is great. If you do your work you'll be fine, if you sit around doing nothing and wonder why your grades are terribad it'll be terrible!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 06:27:40 pm »

I never really had a problem with bullies freshman year. By the time I came out of my shell, I was already almost as big as most of our genetic-freak-of-nature senior class, and if anyone wanted to fuck me up I just laughed and walked away.

I guess I could've become a bully, but I never got popular enough. Plus, i've known most of these fuckers since elementary school. I don't think they can intimidate me much when i've seen them piss their pants before.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 07:51:22 pm »

I haven't come at of my shell, but I avoided bullies by deciding early on to be six foot tall, and I can tell you I've never regretted it. Oh and most of my school is on the short side.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 07:58:18 pm »

This reminds me of high-schools number one drug: procrastination

This is why I have a fuckin' B in econ right now
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4