Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: ∩ Ghost Master ∩ - GM needs you! [4/4] - Let the Haunting Begin!  (Read 9925 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: ∩ Ghost Master ∩ - GM needs you! [4/4] - Ghosts Alone Home
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 12:22:32 pm »

Umm.... could i fetter myself outside a window and still have enough of a range of influence to reach into the house?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 12:28:50 pm »

I got a few questions. Where are we, as in what country and state and such? Are there any humans in the building? What is the weather like? What time is it?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 12:30:55 pm »

Posting to watch, as Ghost Master was pretty fun up until I got stuck on a mission because the humans are freaking dumb.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 12:36:27 pm »

I got a few questions. Where are we, as in what country and state and such? Are there any humans in the building? What is the weather like? What time is it?

We're in Poland, Silesia. (because not enough self-promotion with Rewolucja! going on (even if Rewolucja's creator isn't Polish to begin with, but still)
There are no humans, for now.

It's right around midnight (duh), and the weather is clear.
Umm.... could i fetter myself outside a window and still have enough of a range of influence to reach into the house?

Possibly. Which window, anyway?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 12:41:21 pm »

Hum. Cool. One more question, how much Plasma do we have and how can we tell how much our abilities cost?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 12:45:23 pm »

Hum. Cool. One more question, how much Plasma do we have and how can we tell how much our abilities cost?

Oh.
Forgot about that.

Everyone starts with 100 plasm(a).
Fettering costs 10% of your initial plasm (10). Every ability uses 20+[ability level * 10] plasm. You don't lose plasm (in the normal sense) when using abilities (it's more like  "reactor power" rather than "mana" system), and you can use multiple abilities at once, but you need more plasm to spare, by scaring mortals, driving them insane, or doing other stuff with them.

You can share plasm between yourselves, but that's optional.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2013, 12:48:12 pm »

The upstairs bedroom windows. Probably the smaller ones. mainly because there doesn't appear to be anything at present I can tether myself to.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013, 12:53:20 pm »

Ah, okay. So when we fetter costs 10, which would bring us down to 90, but if I say used a level three ability that would take up 70 plasm, but only for that turn, and the next turn I would still have 90 right? And so getting more plasm is useful for using more powerful abilities more often? What level are our abilities?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013, 12:59:51 pm »

Ah, okay. So when we fetter costs 10, which would bring us down to 90, but if I say used a level three ability that would take up 70 plasm, but only for that turn, and the next turn I would still have 90 right? And so getting more plasm is useful for using more powerful abilities more often? What level are our abilities?

Pretty much.
Also, abilities have a cooldown (equal to the ability's level, with a minimum of 2 turns)

The first ability on your list is supposed to be your weakest and growing in (general) power with each number, with 10 being the costliest, but also the most potent (in some way).
I'd suggest you all to rearrange them in such a way that seems plausible and makes it easier in the future. (lowering a temperature is a level 3 ability tops, manifesting is around level 5, and tooling with (in)sanity is rather high)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2013, 01:03:58 pm »

Hmm.... i think my character needs some major retooling. i may drop out for now in favour of someone from the waitlist.

Sigtext

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2013, 01:17:19 pm »

Hmm.... i think my character needs some major retooling. i may drop out for now in favour of someone from the waitlist.

You should've taken a gremlin or some electric folk.
I put Black Knight in there for that reason (otherwise you probably wouldn't be able to succeed, unless you came up with a surprising strategy).

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2013, 01:25:15 pm »

I'm have a hard time thinking of what my power rankings should be. But that aside, it looks like scapeheap could just appear in a mirror, shatter the mirror, then go and free the ghost master. Otherwise I think we need to ether go farm the neighbors or wait for humans because we are pretty powerless.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2013, 01:34:06 pm »

I'm have a hard time thinking of what my power rankings should be. But that aside, it looks like scapeheap could just appear in a mirror, shatter the mirror, then go and free the ghost master. Otherwise I think we need to ether go farm the neighbors or wait for humans because we are pretty powerless.

*sigh*
Fine. You were not prepared. Besides, you would gather too much attention from freeing me in all likelihood, so it's safe to assume that you should probably leave and come back later. We can still communicate freely, so if you have anything important, then come to me.

I can feel high ghost activity in the local school. Maybe you should pay the children a visit. Halloween's coming up soon, and we all know how they would "love" that.
He he he...

Getting the school done will be tough, but I'll do my best. (and base it on my former school, because why not)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2013, 01:37:41 pm »

Well, we don't need to. I am just saying my personal thoughts on it. How strict are these levels? Do we basically have to take a fail here to go next door and scare someone to buff our plasm?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2013, 01:51:09 pm »

A couple of questions.

Fireplace and chimney maps?

Could I fetter to the heating system/a boiler?

If I fetter to the Black Knight's boiler, will he be freed?

Could I control the heating of the boiler with my power 7?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5