Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: ∩ Ghost Master ∩ - GM needs you! [4/4] - Let the Haunting Begin!  (Read 9915 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Appropriate music.
...Ghosts, banes, spectres... Hear my mourns...

I, the former Ghost Master, that who avenged many a ghost and struck the deepest fears and terror into the very hearts of mortals, I have been overthrown by an usurper. Who was that I do not know, but that does not matter at that moment.
What matters now is that I have been banished into the mortal world and captured by the mortals, and now I am stuck within this strange contraption the mortals have bound me to. I myself cannot break out, and I need some external, brute force to escape this prison.

Gremlins, elementals, and horrors alike, unite! I need you to come here, to this house somewhere in eastern Europe, and break this...Machine. How are you going to do this, I could not be bothered less with.

Now come, come to the mortal world, and free me from this misery! The traitor must be punished, but if he could manage to overthrow me, the very Ghost Master, he is no lowly gremlin.

Who are you, haunters? (4/4 FULL)
sjm9876
Name: Summainom
Type: Frightener
Subcategory: Wight

Powers:
 1) May fill the dreams of a single mortal with panic.
 2) May whisper into the ear of a mortal.
 3) May cause a mortal to witness humanoid figures half hidden behind things on the edges of their vision. Closer inspection reveals nothing.
 4) As 1, but affects all mortals nearby, with the same dream.
 5) Causes the music of Pan pipes to emenate from a certain point.
 6) causes a flow of spiders and other insects from a single point.
 7) May push or pull a mortal.

Fetters: Outdoors, Emotional, Earth.

Epitaph/History:
 "Pan again!" said Dr. Bull irritably. "You seem to think Pan is everything."
 "So he is," said the Professor, "in Greek. He means everything."
 "Don't forget," said the Secretary, looking down, "that he also means Panic."

Summainom was born around 400BC in Ancient Greece. At first a shepherd, he awoke one night to a vision of the great god Pan. In the vision he danced with nymphs and satyrs, and the god offered him a place amongst them when he passed away in return for his worship. So, Summaimon became a priest of Pan. Rising through the ranks, soon he came to lead the rituals of the god.
 However, after a life of worship, he passed away to find no one waiting for him. As he felt the pull of the Styx, he strove to escape, and with a final pull, he did. Then he wandered, lost and alone. Eventually he found his way back to the copse where his people had gathered, and found it empty, his body eaten by the animals he had felt so in tune with. He rested there then.
 When the ghost master found Summainom, it was not a man he found, but a lunatic. For over the years he had become mad, and convinced that this madness was the paradise his god had offered him. It was a gift he fully intended to share.
scapheap
Name: Harriet
Type: Disturbance
Subcategory: fetches
Powers:
1:Copy a person form(Harriet's form is always available)
2:Can teleport to any mirror in range.
3:Can repair mirrors(piece by piece)
4:Can pull small objects in and out of mirrors. What goes in is what can come out.
5:Can move out of a mirror, but can't leave the mirror(must be touching, but she could pick up the mirror and carry it around.)
6:Children trust her.
7:Can use a child as eyes and ears.
8:Can cure a child.(even a missing limb, but it take a while and is a drain)
Fetters:
Mirrors
Emotional(need)
Child
Epitaph/History:The leftovers of a young girl who only friend was her reflection. The reflection got stronger from the girl wants, becoming an aware friend for the lonely girl. But one day, the girl knocked a vase over, an accident, just like the slap that was just 'accidentally' too strong and down the stairs Harriet Lemon went. Snapped her neck on the bottom step she did.
The fetch remained. The fetch brewed. The fetch made pattens with the blood of the murderer that called herself Harriet's mother. The fetch waited. The Fetch guarded. The Fetch heard a call for help.
Remurthra
Name: The Artifice
Subcategory: Shadow
Powers:
1. May cause an ill wind to blow, acting similarly to a normal breeze, and causing a feeling of unease to those it touches. Only works outside.
2. May manifest phantom whispers.
3. May manifest images to appear in shadows.
4. May cause cryptic symbols to appear and disappear. These symbols will seem to swim before one's eyes.
5. May manifest the sounds of clanking machinery.
6. May manifest a shadowy bloodstained form, moving about the area, staying in the shadows.
7. May manifest itself within flame, and take limited control over it.
8. May possess an avian or group of avians, controlling their actions. All possessed will carry a subtle reddish tint to their pupils.
9. May take control of a child's dreams. The dream will be cryptic and feature certain knowledge of the spirit's. After the dream, the child will take increased notice of the presence of the spirit, and feel a spirit of kinship or obsession. Other symptoms include increased knowledge and creativity, and increased quietness/aloofness. Works better on smaller children. Does not work on those under around four, due to low language skills.
10. May ensorcel a mortal that has just committed a violent act. The victim will over time gain full the ability to see the spirit, will become more withdrawn, and will begin to worship the spirit. The affected will also exhibit similar traits to the affected child. An affected child who grows older, around adolescence, will develop this affection to replace the child power.
Fetters: Machinery, knowledge, violence.
Spoiler: Grisly Enough For You? (click to show/hide)
Criptfeind
Name: Was originally Richard Darango, but is now known as The Flesh Eater or the Wendigo.
Type: Vapours
Subcategory: Wendigos
Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fetters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Epitaph/History (click to show/hide)

I. Sprites
Sprites consist of animal ghosts and minor nature spirits.
There are 3 sprites subcategories:
- gremlins - ghosts of animals killed by technology (max 8 abilities)
- hordes - animal ghosts with swarm powers (flies, spiders, crows etc.) (max 6 abilities)
- wisps - the living balls of light, seeking attention of the mortal eyes (max 5 abilities)

II. Disturbances
Disturbances are  low-key ghosts that are largely still focused on earthly and material things.
There are 5 disturbances subcategories.
- fetches - ghosts of vain mortals that haunt mirrors (max 9 abilities)
- manes - ghosts of people who met their untimely death that are bound to their own (or not) corpses (max 9 abilities)
- poltergeists - featureless masses of sentient plasma, with powerful psychic abilities that are fettered to children (max 9 abilities)
- spooks - your stereotypical cartoon ghosts (max 6 abilities)

III. Elementals
The ancient nature spirits that control the 4 ordinary elements of fire, water, earth and air. (max 8 powers)

IV. Vapours
The vengeful and angry ghosts of all kinds.
There are 4 subcategories of vapours:
- banshees - vengeful ghosts of insane women (max 9 powers)
- apparitions - ghosts of murder victims (max 8 powers)
- thunder spirits - the masters of weather, lighting and wind in particular (max 9 powers)
- wendigos - cannibalistic spirits of madness and famine, who can travel back in time (max 10 powers)

V. Frighteners
The thoughtful, cerebral, and psychological spirits.
There are 4 subcategories of frighteners:
- phantoms - eccentric ghosts with unconventional minds - insane and/or creative (max 9 abilities)
- wights - the guardians of places - usually their own burial sites (max 10 abilities)
- tricksters - nature spirits in the form of anthropomorphic animals, similar to cartoons in both appearance and behavior (max 10 abilities)
- shadows - ghosts associated with murder and madness (max 10 abilities)

VI. Horrors
The highest forms of ghosts - the people who either lived evil or were killed in particularly horrific ways.
There are 2 horrors subcategories:
- spectres - the ghosts of people who lived violent and grisly lives (max 8 abilities)
- wraiths - ghots of people whose deaths were particularly gruesome and bloodcurdling (max 8 abilities)

Some rules
Before you can do anything in the mortal world, you need a tether/fetter - an object, a person or environment that you can bind yourself to, usually being related directly to your history (if you are a water elemental, you can tether yourself to a water bottle or a water puddle after a rain - if you were murdered by electricity, you can be bound to either a corpse or skeleton or electronics). You can find a list of possible tethers below.
You can have up to three potential tethers (but you can only tether yourself to one tether at a time).

In order to use your powers, you need to scare people, drive them insane or in short - to influence them. Doing so gives you plasma, which you also need to tether yourself. Your personal plasma slowly decays over time.

Unless you use a specific power, you are invisible to mortals. Certain mortals can either use their psychic powers or technology to detect and potentially banish you, if your activity is particularly high. If you're banished, you're considered "dead", in a normal game's sense.

The higher level ghost you are, the more plasma you require, but you also gain access to more powerful abilities.

If you think that your ghost does not fit into any particular subcategory, then let me know and maybe we can work something out.

List of possible tethers
Indoors
Outdoors
Electricity
Emotional (whatever you may want to interpret that as)
Murder (may vary from a deer head to a corpse)
Corpse (be it animal or human)
Water
Fire
Earth
Air
Mirror
Thoroughfare (a hallway, a walkway etc.)
Sleeping
Child
Violence

Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b] (can be your ghostly nickname or a name and/or surname)
[b]Gender:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Type:[/b]
[b]Subcategory:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b]
[b]Fetters:[/b]
[b]Epitaph/History:[/b] (1-3 paragraphs)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:42:16 am by DarkDXZ »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: ∩ Ghost Master ∩ - GM needs you!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 01:23:26 pm »

Damn, now i need to reinstall the game :P . Anyway, app upcoming. Although how do we choose powers?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:31:57 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 01:25:57 pm »

Damn, now i need to reinstall the game :P . Anyway, app unpcoming

I still wish for a sequel to happen.
Today I realize how disappointing it was that there were no ghost children. Could raise the game's PG rating but what do.

About powers...
Choose powers that relate to your ghost (so a fire elemental might have something like Living Torch), and remember that the 1st power is the weakest and the last one is the strongest (and the most expensive).

I wouldn't recommend filling all the slots in, though. What if you want to change your playstyle later on? (besides getting yourself banished, but where's the fun in that)

I might tweak your powers if I deem them overpowered.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:35:59 pm by DarkDXZ »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 01:40:06 pm »

This looks interesting. Although more explanation of what a power is would be nice. Also I would want to be a Wendigos, but they are listed as not having any powers? Is that a oversight or does it mean that they have a set suite of powers that can't be changed?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 01:44:05 pm »

This looks interesting. Although more explanation of what a power is would be nice. Also I would want to be a Wendigos, but they are listed as not having any powers? Is that a oversight or does it mean that they have a set suite of powers that can't be changed?

That's an oversight. Wendigos can have up to 10 powers.

A power is a way for to you influence the mortal plane in some way - be it manifesting yourself as an eldritch abomination, possessing a mortal, revealing their unconscious fears or making them fall asleep. 

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 01:56:34 pm »

Subcategory: Wight

Powers:
 3) May cause a mortal to witness humanoid figures half hidden behind things on the edges of their vision. Closer inspection reveals nothing.

Epitaph/History:

Summainom was born around 400BC in Ancient Greece. At first a shepherd, he awoke one night to a vision of the great god Pan. In the vision he danced with nymphs and satyrs, and the god offered him a place amongst them when he passed away in return for his worship. So, Summaimon became a priest of Pan. Rising through the ranks, soon he came to lead the rituals of the god.
 However, after a life of worship, he passed away to find no one waiting for him. As he felt the pull of the Styx, he strove to escape, and with a final pull, he did. Then he wandered, lost and alone. Eventually he found his way back to the copse where his people had gathered, and found it empty, his body eaten by the animals he had felt so in tune with. He rested there then.
 When the ghost master found Summainom, it was not a man he found, but a lunatic. For over the years he had become mad, and convinced that this madness was the paradise his god had offered him. It was a gift he fully intended to share.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:03:05 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 02:02:21 pm »

Subcategory: Phantoms/Shadows ?

Powers:

Epitaph/History:

That's a wight to me, honestly. (definitely not a shadow).

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 02:03:13 pm »

Sure.

Sigtext

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: ∩ Ghost Master ∩ - GM needs you! [1/4]
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 02:07:11 pm »

Just a heads up, this game may or may not be updated more sporadically than most of my games. (well, when I do update them)
See personal text to see why.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 02:35:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 03:10:31 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 02:39:17 pm »

WIP

Dohoho, ooh boy.
Good old Harriet. Better give yourself Trojan Gift.

Not that you need to go with the actual GM ghosts. (but I'm not stopping you, either)

OH, wait...
Nevermind.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 02:41:56 pm »

Dohoho, ooh boy.

Not that you need to go with the actual GM ghosts. (but I'm not stopping you, either)

OH, wait...
Nevermind.
I bought the game like last weekend, but haven't play it so I don't get the strike through.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 02:49:13 pm »

Dohoho, ooh boy.

OH, wait...
Nevermind.
I bought the game like last weekend, but haven't play it so I don't get the strike through.

Well, I hope this isn't a spoiler for you, but just in case.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 03:10:41 pm »

And done.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 03:17:00 pm »

Now, could you explain your thinking with the fetters?
I'm kinda confused.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5