Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unicorn Slaughter  (Read 1631 times)

Chaos Freeplumber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unicorn Slaughter
« on: April 30, 2007, 09:05:00 am »

My skilled trapper is slaughtering every unicorn he can find and leaving their bodies lying around the place- he won't bring a single bit of unicorn corpse back to the den!
I've got hauling on and can see no reason why he won't bring back his kills as he had no problems with the deer he caught. Help !!
ou have struck platinum!

Heliopios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unicorn Slaughter
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 09:15:00 am »

O- R- O

Shzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 09:17:00 am »

Unicorns cannot be slaughtered or butchered. Might this have something to do with this? In my opinion, this makes them a greater hassle than elephants, even. Once the bodies decay on their own you can use their bones still, and I think their skulls are worth more than other skulls when made into totems.

[ April 30, 2007: Message edited by: Shzar ]

000634 □ [adventure mode][environment]   jumping into water while on fire resulted in steamy death

Chaos Freeplumber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 09:26:00 am »

GReat stuff, thanks. Pity though , I reckon Unicorn meat would taste magic.
Still I'm not sure ANYTHING is more hassle than elephants, but I'm not that far into the game yet XD .
ou have struck platinum!

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 02:12:00 pm »

Unicorns can be slaughtered (z menu, animals, "Designate for slaughter"), but only if you make them tame first.  I've never done this, but that's what the RAWs say (butcherable_nonstandard, just like dogs and cats, and we know well that THEY can be slaughtered).  Unicorn corpses cannot be butchered, so hunters and military simply can't supply you with unicorn meat.

Eiba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 04:41:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Fieari:
<STRONG>Unicorns can be slaughtered (z menu, animals, "Designate for slaughter"), but only if you make them tame first.  I've never done this, but that's what the RAWs say (butcherable_nonstandard, just like dogs and cats, and we know well that THEY can be slaughtered).  Unicorn corpses cannot be butchered, so hunters and military simply can't supply you with unicorn meat.</STRONG>

The other issue is that you can't tame unicorns. They're [mount_exotic], not [pet] or [pet_exotic]... Dwarves can't tame mounts.

So no Unicorn meat for you... Unless you mod Unicorns to be [pet_exotic], which sounds reasonable, or [pet]/[butcherable] if you just want to eat the buggers without any hassle.

ricree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 12:47:00 am »

what exactly do the mount tags do anyways

schnobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 05:41:00 pm »

Mounts are, well, you can mount them. As in you climb up on the back of the poor animal and ride.

Not yet implemeted, though.