Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mighty No. 9 (Kickstarter): *Sorta* Creator of Mega-Man for spiritual sequel  (Read 2384 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mighty No. 9 (Kickstarter): *Sorta* Creator of Mega-Man for spiritual sequel
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 11:05:54 pm »

Also I think they're trying to use it to recreate the feel of fanbase participation that Legends 3 was suppose to have.

Sort of... Capcom was passing the buck.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Mighty No. 9 (Kickstarter): *Sorta* Creator of Mega-Man for spiritual sequel
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 11:27:20 pm »

Hence the suppose
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 11:30:32 pm »

I'm surprised Inafune had to resort to Kickstarter, considering that he's an industry veteran and presumably well-connected.  You'd think he'd be able to secure money from more traditional sources.

Total creative freedom is something that is hard to obtain.

Creative freedom?  It's basically Megaman.  What's creative about that?  Inafune has been making it for decades.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 11:52:53 pm »

Also... P4RGaming  :)

P4Rgaming comments are hilarious. It's amazing, the number of people whose brains are unable to detect satire.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 12:13:47 am »

Creative freedom?  It's basically Megaman.  What's creative about that?  Inafune has been making it for decades.

Investors might give him requirements for the game (such as "make it have X hours of gameplay" or "make it available on iPhone"). Kickstarter means he definitely won't have any hoops to jump through.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 12:14:41 am »

Investors might give him requirements for the game (such as "make it have X hours of gameplay" or "make it available on iPhone"). Kickstarter means he definitely won't have any hoops to jump through.

Not to mention we can just go straight to Megaman X series where his main character was outright dictated to him.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 12:33:43 am »

I dig the fancy 2d art, it looks gorgeous.

That isn't really what I am judging it on. "Of course" it looks good.

Just somehow... the sharp lines make everything look exceptionally flat. I don't know how to explain it, but I only see this in games that go a bit too with the 2d appearance.

I know what you mean, it reminds me a lot of sidescroller flash games. Kinda hard to explain, but it feels a bit overstylized.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 [2]