Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Magic: The Gathering  (Read 17318 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic: The Gathering
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2015, 05:51:56 pm »

Yes. I was so excited when it came out... To bad the servers died a minute or two after I had finished downloading. And have thus far been down for over two hours. And you can't even keep your "storyline" progress when offline :/

Rip Magic. I guess I'll play the portal brawl...

Edit: The server might be back up. Their twitter account hasn't told people it's safe to play yet, so who knows if it'll stay up. But hey! Worth a try.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:08:23 pm by Criptfeind »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2015, 02:38:43 am »

The servers are functioning!... tentatively. After coasting through the first campaign and unlocking the the deck building function, everything just feels so much more slick and functional when compared to Stainless' earlier iterations of MTG.

I even managed to get into a game and score my first win! Bottle Gnomes for the win. Got a point to my score, and enough coins to get two more boosters.

I think the tutorial is very comprehensive, even if the narrator lady is extremely non-cohesive to the rest of the game's theming. It sounds like she should be teaching Middle Schoolers Algebra, not trying to explain Magic.

I can also get behind the business model they got goin on. The game doles out coins by the mouthful, but to unlock all cards you're gonna need atleast 10,000+ coins I'm guessing. Buying coins is alright if you're impatient and just wanna build the best decks right NAOW, but earning all the cards bit-by-bit is also cool if you have alot of time or you're just stubborn and want a challenge like me.

There also seems to be several 'hook' mechanics, where it entices you to log in atleast once a day. There's only a finite number of coins you can earn every day, about 400 I think. There's a bonus of 20 coins that doesn't count towards this limit. There's daily quests that provide both coins and arbitrary senses of accomplishment.

The usually dubious and third-rate Stainless Entertainment seems to have finally done a good job!... Let's just hope they can keep those servers up...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2015, 04:00:14 am »

Is it possible to make duels offline with the AI with custom decks ?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2015, 04:35:19 am »

Yeah, there's AI opponents you can face if you don't wanna go face for real people.

Unless you're talking about forcing the AI to use custom decks, then I don't think you can do that.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2015, 05:58:38 am »

Thanks, i was thinking indeed of AI using custom decks, too bad that's not possible.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]