Poll

null

void
- 0 (0%)
(u cant vote bcuz 0 u dumdum)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 120

Author Topic: YOU AT DERAIL: REVENGE OF MINECRAFT RTD  (Read 239209 times)

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Derail
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2013, 03:51:57 pm »

KILL DERAILS

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2013, 03:53:10 pm »

Locate a large number of my fellow characters. Burn them all. With my dragonfire. Because I'm a dragon.
Point out GWG stands for GreatWyrmGoat now.

No, he stole acronym power from GWP, if I remember correctly.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2013, 04:04:04 pm »

Locate a large number of my fellow characters. Burn them all. With my dragonfire. Because I'm a dragon.
Point out that this is not true.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2013, 04:06:26 pm »

Point out that everything is true in derailspace.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2013, 04:17:37 pm »

Apprentice self to healer. Learn to bludgeon things back to full health.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 15, 2013, 04:26:32 pm »

Point out that if that is true, then:

1. By assumption, everything is true in derailspace.
2. By 1, the statement "Nothing is true in derailspace is true" is true in derailspace.
3. By 2, nothing in derailspace is true.
4. 1 and 3 conflict. Ergo, our assumptions are incorrect.
5. By 4, 1 is incorrect; hence, not everything is true in derailspace.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2013, 04:28:37 pm »

Point out that if that is true, then:

1. By assumption, everything is true in derailspace.
2. By 1, the statement "Nothing is true in derailspace is true" is true in derailspace.
3. By 2, nothing in derailspace is true.
4. 1 and 3 conflict. Ergo, our assumptions are incorrect.
5. By 4, 1 is incorrect; hence, not everything is true in derailspace.
You're finally beginning to get it.

Everything is true in derailspace.
The statement, "Nothing is true in derailspace." is true in derailspace.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2013, 04:31:24 pm »

That's a contradiction. Hence, it cannot be true. Especially as, by your own logic, "Contradictions indicate falsehood" is true.
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2013, 04:36:00 pm »

That's a contradiction. Hence, it cannot be true. Especially as, by your own logic, "Contradictions indicate falsehood" is true.
"Contradictions indicate reality." is also true. Paradoxes are a part of existence, especially in an abstract medium.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2013, 04:40:08 pm »

"Contradictions indicate reality." is also true. Paradoxes are a part of existence, especially in an abstract medium.
My point being that the existence of these paradoxes in the truest sense indicates that it is certain that one of your assumptions is incorrect. Unless you can find empirical evidence that everything is true in derailspace, which I highly doubt you will be able to, it can only be regarded as being fictional as pholgiston, if not more.
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2013, 04:43:32 pm »

My point being that the existence of these paradoxes in the truest sense indicates that it is certain that one of your assumptions is incorrect. Unless you can find empirical evidence that everything is true in derailspace, which I highly doubt you will be able to, it can only be regarded as being fictional as pholgiston, if not more.
Consider this. The players have the ability to cause anything to happen, at any time. Failed rolls can be repeated. Failed results can be erased from existence. Therefore, if the game continues to infinity, everything will be true, and will also be false.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2013, 04:45:53 pm »

Mathematics breaks down at infinity and zero; that's why black holes have all those properties that screw with physicists.

In any case, the game will NOT continue to infinity. It is impossible for any game to even approach that. That means that your latest claim is roughly analogous to "If Nikoli Tesla was infinitely intelligent, we would all have flying cars and time machines by now."
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2013, 04:47:33 pm »

Mathematics breaks down at infinity and zero; that's why black holes have all those properties that screw with physicists.

In any case, the game will NOT continue to infinity. It is impossible for any game to even approach that. That means that your latest claim is roughly analogous to "If Nikoli Tesla was infinitely intelligent, we would all have flying cars and time machines by now."
All of these statements are true within derailspace.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2013, 04:48:10 pm »

Are you aware that you are trying to prove your statement with your statement? Circular logic does not work.
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2013, 04:52:11 pm »

Are you aware that you are trying to prove your statement with your statement? Circular logic does not work.
It does in derailspace.

The above statement is correct.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 120